ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle Bulldogs..

Buddy Rich

May 24, 2005
Well we finished our season 5-6..It was some improvement over last year...We lost 2 games we should have won...Anyway numbers continue to be a pro blem, especially linemen... We lose a lot with this senior class so next year will be a challenge..However the kids coming from the middle school look promising...Baby steps is what I call it...We may never be what we once were but I do see some improvement as we go forward.. Time will tell....

Albemarle was actually 5-8 and only beat one team that had a winning record so I would consider it a little disappointing season.They finally got back in the win column in the playoffs by beating Hayesville which was probably the highlight of the season. They should have beat North Rowan and really outplayed them but came out flat the next week against their biggest rival North Stanly.After watching them in their scrimmage against West Charlotte I really thought they could compete for the conference title but finished third . Hope the coaches get the players coming back in the weight room and get them ready for next year.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
I agree dogs 9...it was a disappointing season...Until we get better play in the trenches we will continue to struggle...

Given time y’all will be reloaded. I have a chuckle out of folks thinking Swain won’t win another title. I mean gee Swain has only won or played for a couple of titles each decade since the 70’s. Won one out of two so far this decade.
I just hope y’all get to keep your school and not become sucked up into new school. Now that will be a shame !

Given time y’all will be reloaded. I have a chuckle out of folks thinking Swain won’t win another title. I mean gee Swain has only won or played for a couple of titles each decade since the 70’s. Won one out of two so far this decade.
I just hope y’all get to keep your school and not become sucked up into new school. Now that will be a shame !
People only wish their program was as successful as Swains. I’ll be the first to admit as much as I liked the RHS and Swain outcome this year swain is a much better team that played that Monday night. Tough road tonight for your Devils but stranger things have happened. Good luck tonight

Swain will win championships if they can poach cherokee's players again....Although there isn't much to poach anymore haha

Reactions: Mhsneer
Geez, over half the Rez is in Swain the other part Jackson or for your convenience Smoky Mountain. Those kids can choose where they wish to attend. But poach away I shall! I think I’ll have thee of the unborn dead poached in the morn.

Good luck to all the teams playing next week..I remember when my bulldogs played in the fourth round .So much at stake...Chance to go to state.......

Reactions: MHS-88
At this point I've pretty much accepted that AHS is not likely to return to contender status. Anything is possible and hope springs eternal, but the county demographics have just changed too much and barring something pretty unexpected the numbers aren't going to get back to the levels they were in the 90s and before.

I am not plugged in to the debate re: consolidation, but I would like to see SC go from four high schools to two. It would take a lot of getting used to but in the long run it would be better for the students, better for the community, and better for fans of the sports teams. I hope the people in charge have enough wisdom to put politics aside and do the right thing. Until then, go Dogs. . . .

People only wish their program was as successful as Swains. I’ll be the first to admit as much as I liked the RHS and Swain outcome this year swain is a much better team that played that Monday night. Tough road tonight for your Devils but stranger things have happened. Good luck tonight
Not true..Robbinsville beats Swain 10 out of 10 times with scores all being very lopsided.. Its about matchups..Swain didn't have anywhere near the speed or physicality to compete with Robbinsville.

Well we finished our season 5-6..It was some improvement over last year...We lost 2 games we should have won...Anyway numbers continue to be a pro blem, especially linemen... We lose a lot with this senior class so next year will be a challenge..However the kids coming from the middle school look promising...Baby steps is what I call it...We may never be what we once were but I do see some improvement as we go forward.. Time will tell....
Albemarle will be fine. Hard work is the only way back to the top.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT