ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle at North Stanly

14-6. 6 secs in 2nd quarter....suprisingly even except for Albemarle penalties.

I was wrong. Bulldogs won't quit. 33-12 but Albemarle ball 1st and goal from the 4.

Who do I talk to at North about starting a no class club..with that pass you qualify..lmao

Yep but...

Not a question expected to see on this thread.

Please don't be offended that I mentioned South Stanly. We had talked about the South Stanly-West Montgomery game on another thread, I guess. Some though this game would be close so I simply asked it on this thread.

Reactions: atucker2
Who do I talk to at North about starting a no class club..with that pass you qualify..lmao
That's funny considering that Albe blitz all night. can't just run into it and be 3 and out. It's still a football game until the last second. Albe has run score up on everyone for years. No need to say North doesn't have class. Got to let players play. Coach Crisco is all class and there program is too. Get over that man

My friend you don't show class throwing the ball up 27 late in the game...Sure Albemarle run up the score back in the Gaster era but ALWAYS running the ball late in the game...NR showed real class when they played us..They had us beat and took a knee on their last 2 possessions...That is REAL class my friend....I wish North nothing but the best but go win a state championship and get back to me....OK

Football is not always a classy sports. Sometimes people will let their feelings get hurt over a meaningless play. North Stanly had the game in control. Should they have passed? I don't know. But I do know that we should not get all up in arms and call someone classless because they did not call a play that we approve.

@4yds-cloud-dust that’s a BS excuse. I’m not mad at NS throwing the rock up 50 with 2 minuets left in the 5th quarter...it happens, and if that was the best play they could call then so be it...

Like I said, beating Albemarle is every Stanly County football team championship. Fighting over a rusty cup means nothing to us. We got 5 and have sent kids to D1 schools, in which one currently starts and a NFLer... Once North starts putting that out there I may have a little respect.

Best of wishes to North.

As far as Albemarle goes, they continue to shoot themselves in the foot with penalties it seems. Can’t expect to win games like that. Discipline is a key to success and if you don’t have that, you won’t get too far...Go Dogs

Albemarle had the ball on the North 3yard line down 33-12 North held them and then moved the ball and threw TD to make score 40-12. Albemarle got ball back and north held them and they took a knee to end the game.

Ok. Albe folks. U talk about championship back in the day. Great. But today is today. All I'm saying is Albe will never ever in this life have any right to call a team classless if you trying to talk about the past. Just think about ur past It's not North championship to beat Albe it's just another game on schedule. Get over ur past of winning championship Them days are over for now. Maybe 2-3 years you can stay that.
Btw North has lots of college players playing current past and a lot on this team in the future.

Not trying to fuss but nothing bugs me more than saying this north stanly team and program isn't classy. Smh

Please don't be offended that I mentioned South Stanly. We had talked about the South Stanly-West Montgomery game on another thread, I guess. Some though this game would be close so I simply asked it on this thread.
Not offended at all. Just thought placement was odd. Interesting question but not relevant to title and content of this thread in my opinion. Sorry if I was out of line.

Good for North. I’m happy for them. It may be just another to North now...maybe, but I’m not buying it. Yes, for years Albemarle put up some gruesome numbers...the one that could’ve been helped was that Chatham game when we scored 90...but hey, it happened. Like I said, I’ve eaten enough humble pie I should be a diabetic. And if I was NS coach I would’ve threw it too....lol. JS.

You have too much time on your hands.

Me???

Dude I have been on here for 2 1/2 years and have around 600 posts. That's 250ish per year including baseball season when NOBODY is around but a few of us.

At your current pace you will average around 1200 per year.

I have too much time on MY hands???

I'm an Albemarle fan and if North put 70 up on Albemarle last night, I would've been ok just like I am now. If North can produce that many points for their efforts, then so be it, they deserve every point. I'm sure life would go on. It's not Albemarle's time now folks bottom line. Almost half of the freakin team is on the side line with street clothes and probably more next week. This tells me that strength training and proper technique has gone out the window with this program and if they don't reinstate it, expect more of the same. It's being taught too late. As I've said before, if coach Davis wants Albemarle to "get back to where they use to be", put your money where your mouth is and get those boys trained early. Getting them at 9th grade is too late. He needs to see what they're doing at the youth and middle school programs and fix some things.

The coaches are still running the QB to the sideline for the plays? Come on man, who does that when you just sent in your personnel for the next set. Has it not hit them they are running the kid more than necessary? Why can't the play go in with them? How many delay penalties did they get because of that? Use the wrist bands they have. When the QB warms up and completes 1 out of 7 passes is a problem to me and if he and the receivers don't correct it they'll do the same in the game. Coming off the 4th down after North Stanly stopped them at the 3 told me a lot. It told me these guys lack alot of confidence individually and it spills over in to the teams effort. The good news is it can all be fixed. Ask any of the Jack Gaster alum what he meant to them and the thing you'll notice of them all is the mental strength he instilled in these kids from a young age from hard work. It's the little things that make the difference. Still rooting for my bulldogs regardless. There's a lot of work to be done. Awesome game comets.

Reactions: sway1532
Me???

Dude I have been on here for 2 1/2 years and have around 600 posts. That's 250ish per year including baseball season when NOBODY is around but a few of us.

At your current pace you will average around 1200 per year.

I have too much time on MY hands???

Relax...and thanks for proving my point.

The pass is not that big of a deal... I was posting live from the game. It did surprise me that they took two shots at the fly route because I really thought they were in a clock burning mode before the two shots. With that said, I also remember that there was a lot of conversations with the officials and BOTH coaching staffs. The white cap was very animated...and the pass call could have been an effort to simply end all hopes of a comeback. If Albemarle had scored in their 1st and goal from the 4, the score would have been 33-19 or 33-20 with a conversion. The final pass for a td ended all hope. I will say this...it was a well fought game with two teams that didn't quit and two head coaches that coached every snap. It felt like a rivalry game should.

Getting them at 9th grade is too late. He needs to see what they're doing at the youth and middle school programs and fix some things.

That's what's up...but I've always heard they do well in the youth league, I checked them out myself once or twice and they have the talent... It's when I saw a middle school game is where I saw the problem. I mean hats off to the coach over there especially if he's volunteering to coach along with his assistants, but you are correct, that area needs to be fixed. I remember a few years ago, there was a blowup at the middle school between the football coach, a student, and the parent...and of course the coach was held accountable. He left and the program has never been the same since. That was a major blow to our program. And of course that band of kids where apart of the 2012-2015 varsity, and we all knew how that went lol....

Albemarle most definitely have the talent to play with NS/WM/NR...maybe not beat but "Play", but we gotta give Davis time, I wanna say he came in late and this is what he had to work with. I believe it will get better. Go Dogs

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy Rich
A coach at the HS told me Sway, that coach Parker at the middle school has 0 help plus all the talent is in the 7th grade....

After seeing game at NS. I think Albe has improved. Coach Davis has done good job. Way better than last years team. Should be good games for years to come with these 2 teams. I know North will reload with the unbelievable talent coming from middle school and youth leagues. Also not to mention the scrappy JV team North has

Is this year's team basically last year's team one year older. Thought they were super young last season.

About 25 freshman last year

I think coach Davis has done a great job with coming in late and getting this defense stepping up allowing these boys to compete. Additionally he got the numbers up year one. So in my eyes he got them competitive again and the numbers being up are two great accomplishments considering where this program was the last two years. I am honestly excited after this year seeing where they are this time next year.

A coach at the HS told me Sway, that coach Parker at the middle school has 0 help plus all the talent is in the 7th grade....

When I went to a game a few years back, I only saw two coaches on the sideline...there used to be 5-6 coaches back in the hay day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT