ADVERTISEMENT

AL Brown at Hickory Ridge

HR is a very good Football team. Ask Chambers? That QB gave the Cougars fits.

It’s going to be Hickory Ridge at the top and 2-4 a crap shoot most likely I think.

hope I’m wrong, but I see HR winning the conference.

HR is a very good Football team. Ask Chambers? That QB gave the Cougars fits.
HR can be had. They have the pieces to move the ball and their quarterback makes plays you don't typically see at the high school level. They showed themselves to be somewhat vulnerable on defense. Against Catholic, they never stopped the run the entire night and gave up a few passing yards. Jump on them early and don't make mistakes because they will make a few. They have a couple of Ls, albeit to good teams, so confidence has to be a little fragile. Total respect for your coach and his abilities. He will have Brown ready. If HR walks into this thinking they have a cakewalk, they will come out with another L.

I saw the game, HR only lost the Chambers game because there extra point was blocked near the end of the game,, Chambers had to score after that on the 2nd to last play of the game with 7 secs left from a yard out rushing to win the game.. That game wasn't so much Chambers winning it as it was HR's bad luck losing it.. Kann want bring anything in terms of the speed and D that Chambers had, and thats not a knock on Kann, but the intensity and hard hitting, gang tackling Chambers has is 2nd to nobody.

Hickory Ridge by 20. They will not lose in the conference this year.

I think it'll be one of those games where the score makes it look closer then it really was. I think HR will win 28-14.
I wish Brown would have had some tougher competition before this week. I know our defense is good but I still have alot of questions about our offense!!!

HR beat South Point 3A by 20. Sitting there watching. It seemed more like 40.

Play containment on the QB, run the ball up the middle over and over, take time off the clock, don’t turn the ball over and you might have a shot. Their PAT and FG kicker is their weak spot.

That’s about all I’ve got.

JV Hickory Ridge beats A.L. Brown 35-12. Hickory Ridge JVs were bigger than any varsity team Brown has player all year!

Reactions: Hon Dines
The way Mooresville JV and Hickory Ridge JVs is playing them two would be a good one to watch.

Hickory Ridge 16 Kannapolis 0.......6:40 1st period. Getting ugly real quick.

Hickory Ridge blocks Kannapolis punt and recovers the ball in the end zone. 29-0 Hickory Ridge.Just a complete mismatch.

Hickory Ridge 36-0. Has to be a record for most points scored on Kannapolis football team in one quarter.

Hickory Ridge 36-0.....end of 1st quarter. Wonders with one 1st down in the quarter. 1st play of 2nd quarter Johnson catches 64 yard TD pass for Kannapolis. Now 36-7 Hickory Ridge.

Hickory Ridge kicks 24 yard FG. Now 39-7......4:20 1st quarter.

45-7 at the half. Really close to a running clock.Pretty sure that would be a first for the Wonders.

Hickory Ridge 48 Kannapolis 14.......4th quarter. No running clock yet.Maybe Wonders can avoid that.

I can say with confidence nobody In the conference will play Hickory Ridge to 21 pts.

One last comment about last night. I know we are not a great team, but we are not as bad as we looked last night HR is that good. Good luck to the rest of the conference teams they are going to need it.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
How many players does AL Brown have. I think read somewhere in a post they had around 30. If that’s the case. Numbers seems low for a program like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT