ADVERTISEMENT

AHS 2019

susancoleman

May 30, 2016
Enough about the consolidation. How are we going to be on the football field this season? I know we have a lot of talent skilled position players coming back, not sure about the line. How do we fair in the county and conference? I predict that we win the county over West Stanly and we finish second in the conference behind North Rowan. Thoughts?

North Rowan 6-0 (8-3 overall)
North Stanly 5-1 (6-5 overall)
Albemarle 4-2 ( 7-4 overall)
South Stanly 3-3 (5-6 overall)
Chatham Central 2-4 (4-7 overall)
North Moore 1-5 (2-9 overall)
South Davidson 0-6 (0-11)

Winner of Albemarle -North Rowan wins conference.Should be the best Bulldog team since Davis arrived but a lot might depend on the quarterback play.North Stanly returns to being North Stanly because they lost all their skill players.They will still finish in the top 4 of the conference because the bottom half is so weak.

Hearing a lot of positive chatter about South. Who will be the South QB? Was he there last season.

SS coach is doing a great job running the program. Good numbers, strength program and updates of facilities.

NR is still athletically the cream of the crop in the YVC. Albemarle should be able to beat all the lower tier teams and SS is going to be pretty good again.

South graduated 23 seniors last year so I’m not sure about them. They do return their quarterback who missed several games last year due to an injury. If I remember correctly he was a better runner than he was a thrower.

South will be good and they got some talent coming in too, heard some may go straight to varsity.

Albemarle will be somewhere in the middle..

Albemarle numbers are up from previous years during the 7 on 7’s they looked really good take that for what it’s worth but new qb and he looked good. Albemarle will beat NS this year. They are better than what I have seen a lot bigger and have been putting a lot of weight room time.

Reactions: sway1532
South will be good and they got some talent coming in too, heard some may go straight to varsity.

Albemarle will be somewhere in the middle..
I could see Albemarle getting that 2 spot. Not sure if we can top North Rowan or not I think the top spot is theirs until someone takes it. We are faster and stronger and with a new QB I think if we can stay healthy we have a fighters chance but it should be a better year than last year. Just excited to get out and watch these boys play. Most definitely they have been putting in the work and commitment to be successful.

Barring injuries I believe this could be Albemarles best team in several years....Think they finally have a QB....Been a weak spot...Stronger and faster than years past...I look for them and SS to battle it out for second behind NR....

Albemarle and West will duke it out in the beginning of the season for the County title. Speed vs. Strength. South will take 3rd and give a fight to the second place team. North no doubt will finish last their talent has vanished. As if it wasn't handpicked anyways.

Pretty sure norths smoke has been extinguished. They had a cute run for a couple of years in football but it’s about time that the Bulldogs started back up to reclaim their spot again.
Beginning to yes, I expect the strongest season since 2015, however I believe the class is senior heavy so a drop off for a year is probably coming right after unless the young ones step up quick. After that I hear there is talent for years as long as it stays put.

watch the chatam cent. bears for a possible sleeper. Could win 5-6 games overall and finish 4th behind NR, NS and ALB. I heard they had a good rising jr. QB that is being looked at by D1 skools.

Reactions: Ktrell19
Yall nun but pups lmao. We gon throw u a bone & put u back in the dog house
Ehhh one thing about a comet they always fly across the sky they look good for alittle bit but always fizzle out without really impacting anything. They don’t have the bite to be the top dog lol

watch the chatam cent. bears for a possible sleeper. Could win 5-6 games overall and finish 4th behind NR, NS and ALB. I heard they had a good rising jr. QB that is being looked at by D1 skools.
A nice take and yes I would believe it. Their Quarterback has a very surprising ability to see and throw all over the field. Only problem is he has 0 athletes surrounding him so unless he learns to be a dual threat the are probably looking at a 3-4 win season.

A nice take and yes I would believe it. Their Quarterback has a very surprising ability to see and throw all over the field. Only problem is he has 0 athletes surrounding him so unless he learns to be a dual threat the are probably looking at a 3-4 win season.
Chatham QB has thrown 25 TDs and thrown 27 INTs in 2 seasons. He only played 1 series in the North Rowan and North Stanly games last yr. If he is getting D1 looks maybe cause his height.

Albemarle and West will duke it out in the beginning of the season for the County title. Speed vs. Strength. South will take 3rd and give a fight to the second place team. North no doubt will finish last their talent has vanished. As if it wasn't handpicked anyways.
I agree. I think with WS having the Poole kid they will be tough. I dont think they have much else to go with him though. I think our speed will get them. We have been killing the weightroom too this summer from what I have heard. Time to bring the cup back to AHS.

I agree. I think with WS having the Poole kid they will be tough. I dont think they have much else to go with him though. I think our speed will get them. We have been killing the weightroom too this summer from what I have heard. Time to bring the cup back to AHS.
Pool can’t carry the whole team. He’s scared of impact.

That’s why we muffled y’all last year. Bad dogs smh
This is a forum for the upcoming year... if you want to talk the past make a forum I'll make sure to chime in all those prior years to compare state playoffs and records. Live off 1 year in the past that's weak. Bulldogs past is a dynasty you don't got a clue about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT