ADVERTISEMENT

Advantaged School are Protected and Will Take Over Sports .Watch the Next Few Years

If you had been here pre 2014 and seen these boards you would know. It has been quit for a few years but I hear they are getting some top players out of Forsyth & Gilford Counties. You have missed a lot because you were not here when these boards were blowing up from all the west and I do not rememer the complaints from the east .
You can't be serious. Look at my sign-up date here. I have been a member of this site for six years longer than you have. And a regular poster here all of that time, as a member of the media working in at least a dozen different communities; I don't care to count them at the moment.

You think just because I was working in the East until September of 2015 that I never followed or read any posts from the West here? Seriously? The last two years I was in the East, one of my teams was Rosewood, which had Lexi Mercer (Elon) and was a contender. So I was quite well-versed on what was going on out here. If they had won just one more game in '14 and '15, they would have been the ones losing to Bishop and WSP.

Someone here hasn't been paying attention to anyone or anything outside their area, but it's not me.

You can't be serious. Look at my sign-up date here. I have been a member of this site for six years longer than you have. And a regular poster here all of that time, as a member of the media working in at least a dozen different communities; I don't care to count them at the moment.

You think just because I was working in the East until September of 2015 that I never followed or read any posts from the West here? Seriously? The last two years I was in the East, one of my teams was Rosewood, which had Lexi Mercer (Elon) and was a contender. So I was quite well-versed on what was going on out here. If they had won just one more game in '14 and '15, they would have been the ones losing to Bishop and WSP.

Someone here hasn't been paying attention to anyone or anything outside their area, but it's not me.
I never saw a post of yours before you came here and never saw you comment on a local post back in those days so don't get your panties in a wad..I was just trying to get you up to date on what went on then becauce it was a big deal in these parts.How many local comments did you make in those days. I thought you was a pretty nice guy but for some reason you have become a jerk. Ever sense you have been here i very seldom see a post from you. Being you mentioned it I see you started in 2001, have 2091 posts and only 68 likes .Try posting more and people will know you are here..I can only remember less than 10 posts I have ever seen you post and here you are jumping my case for filling you in on the past history with the advantaged schools in our conference.You are right ,I pay no attention to the east till playoffs and I really don't think you know much of what was going on her 5 or 6 years ago. So much for trying to help someone understand what has went on around. Are you a Mount Airy News reporter or Forsyth Co reporter. I said nothing out of the way to get you coming down on me.

Last edited:
He has been on here a long time and as a member of the Hs media knows what has happened.

As I said if anyone is listening I had never seen him post till he started his present job and was only trying to let him know what the past was. I did and do not keep up with the east. Maybe he needs to post a little more often and something besides jumping on me for helping know what was going on. Does being a member of the Hs media make him more special then me or anyone else. He may have been on here a long time but what does he contribute ? More than I do I guess. Dang Deana when someone posts no more then he has ,most would think they were new ! ! ! :confused::confused::confused: I think mabe you want me to go sense you keep taking sides ! ! ... For a matter of fact what does these 2 guys do for NCPrep ....I will not be belittled from all 3 of you ! ! !

Last edited:
Not taking sides just stating facts. John has been on here probably since the site was created. He may not have the post totals but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t read.

I was saying being a member of the media he was well aware on what goes on in the state.

Are your kids moving to Robbinsville?

So ur kids have a advantage at school sports and that means mine will work 4 yours? You kids will rely on mine for survival if anything bad ever happens in our country.

If you want my phone number so we can discuss my kids i will be happy to give it. We could do it in person.

Im sure nothing will be said about you bring up my kids when nothing in this conversation had anything to do with them. Your a big man you ass whole.

For years you’ve used the term “silver spoons” to reference schools like Bishop. That term is used to denigrate individuals that didn’t have to work for what they have, that it was handed to them. Now, instead of using the term “silver spoons” you abbreviate the term with two $$. So, in truth, for you it’s not about an advantage in sports it’s about how you’ve been done wrong by people that have more money than you. My progeny are kind, they will treat yours well. In the meantime if you’re unhappy with 1A sports take it up with the Republicans in our state legislature, they absolutely love charter schools. Here’s a clue though, they could care less about who hangs a banner in a school gym. Here’s a second clue, schools in 3A and 4A could care less as well as they don’t have to deal with charters, only with Cardinal Gibbons and Charlotte Catholic who have been members of the NCHSAA as long as you’ve been alive. So if you want change blow your wind towards Raleigh. If you want to denigrate certain people by using $$ you won’t get anywhere other than lower on the food chain.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Lake Man
What are u talking about. Ive not been treated bad by ppl with more mobey than me. You are clueless. And a pansy.

What are u talking about. Ive not been treated bad by ppl with more mobey than me. You are clueless. And a pansy.
Oops, spoke too soon. Here’s a fact of life: moaning and groaning about “advantaged”, “unfair” “not a level playing field”, “on that take”, “under the control of”, (you get the point I hope) will get you nothing you want.

If you were smart what you would do is talk with your AD, your mayor, contact your representative in Raleigh about the importance of athletics in small communities from the beach to the mountains, how rural towns identify and support their school teams to a degree like no others in N.C., that a state championship can boost a small community that may be hurting, that a championship will be cherished by an entire community for years and years to come. The very second that you bitch and whine about others is the moment when you lose. Give those in control a reason to figure out a solution. But hey, that’s if you were smart.

its only affecting 1a basketball coaches!!!!!! you do not complain when mount airy and east surry are kicking bishop and wsp butt in football you only complain in the sports which the sports you cant compete. seems a bit bias imo, yes im going there. in 1a everyone knows its more about smashmouth football big lineman because you dont have an abundance of athletes walking around in surry and murphy and mitchell counties since we are only talking about west nc. but let it be a sport where your flat footed country kids cant move lateral and cant run 4.5 and you complain thats not right. just the like the guy said earlier wsp and bishop play by rules allowed by state dont be mad at the schools be mad at state.

Reactions: Champ_24
so the open enrollment policy in the WSFCS doesn’t aid/help Prep? one of the players on this years team wore an Atkins uniform a couple of years ago...

its only affecting 1a basketball coaches!!!!!! “

No, you are wrong. Basketball is just the most high profile sport that has been dominated. Non traditional schools are ruling sports such as cross country, volleyball, golf, soccer and baseball. Their reign has not been as consistent in theses areas but it is still visible. These sports just do not generate the interest that others do.

no money or full rides are be giving to any of those athletes for volleyball and cross country like that those sports arent revenue driving sports basically im saying no one cares about them. in high school its the major two football and basketball everything else is secondary. sad but reality just look at home page of nc preps when the last time you saw a cross country or volleyball posting for main page lol. those sports dont matter only small schools 1a who has kids who only can compete in those sports but when they lose to bishop they are mad when the kids only choose bishop for religious beliefs not because of athletics be real kids arent choosing bishop for athletics they are devout catholic and the education is amazing thats why they go to bishop. and every now and then they will get a good football or basketball player

no money or full rides are be giving to any of those athletes for volleyball and cross country like that those sports arent revenue driving sports basically im saying no one cares about them. in high school its the major two football and basketball everything else is secondary. sad but reality just look at home page of nc preps when the last time you saw a cross country or volleyball posting for main page lol. those sports dont matter only small schools 1a who has kids who only can compete in those sports but when they lose to bishop they are mad when the kids only choose bishop for religious beliefs not because of athletics be real kids arent choosing bishop for athletics they are devout catholic and the education is amazing thats why they go to bishop. and every now and then they will get a good football or basketball player

I am sorry, when I posted I believed you understood prep sports. I now realize that you do not. For proof of that look at your comment that “no one cares” about those other sports. I believe that if you speak to any student athlete, coach or parent associated with those sports you will receive an education. Your lack of understanding renders your views moot. It is you that is irrelevant not those sports. I suggest you attend some of these events or practices. Have a good day.

its only affecting 1a basketball coaches!!!!!! you do not complain when mount airy and east surry are kicking bishop and wsp butt in football you only complain in the sports which the sports you cant compete. seems a bit bias imo, yes im going there. in 1a everyone knows its more about smashmouth football big lineman because you dont have an abundance of athletes walking around in surry and murphy and mitchell counties since we are only talking about west nc. but let it be a sport where your flat footed country kids cant move lateral and cant run 4.5 and you complain thats not right. just the like the guy said earlier wsp and bishop play by rules allowed by state dont be mad at the schools be mad at state.

spot on

yep; clueless
Bareman, you’re a long time mt airy fan, so you should know the answer to this; about 10 years ago Robbie Reid was all state for my airy basketball...did he live in mt airy or elkin. I’ve been told he lived in elkin so can you put that rumor to rest once and for all...thanks

yes I can...from what I’ve been told, lived in Elkin his first years at MA...parents worked here but his last 2 he moved here...hope that helps

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT