ADVERTISEMENT

Advantaged School are Protected and Will Take Over Sports .Watch the Next Few Years

FridayNiteLights1217

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2007
I tried to keep it down and even said Please ! Got to say sorry to everyone else not involved if you think I was in the wrong.Please don't mean anything I don't guess.Two of my threads bite the dust. LOL :confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Basketball Season end Tomorrow and the scores will be covered by someone else because I have to work. Other then Congratulation to the Lady Bears I guess I have no reason to be on here untill MAYBE August. Enjoyed the scoring most of the time when it didn't get my nerves trying to find all the Girl's & Boy's Basketball score. Hate it when I get personal attacks and Please stop don't stop it. Again sorry to anyone (but the attacker) that thought I was in the wrong ! Had to vent after my score thread got locked and I was not the first one to take it off topic.I did not care the Might as well start it now got locked ,it had run it's coarse anyway. A dead horse as some would say.But with all the hours I spent on the scores. That one getting locked really ticked me off. I did not want it to end till after Saturday ! 3 or more hours a night for all those games (Boys & Girls) wasted time lost over one person ... Of all thing that have happened on here, this I want forget ........ :mad: Just VENTING :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: eastern
Basketball Season end Tomorrow and the scores will be covered by someone else because I have to work. Other then Congratulation to the Lady Bears I guess I have no reason to be on here untill MAYBE August. Enjoyed the scoring most of the time when it didn't get my nerves trying to find all the Girl's & Boy's Basketball score. Hate it when I get personal attacks and Please stop don't stop it. Again sorry to anyone (but the attacker) that thought I was in the wrong ! Had to vent after my score thread got locked and I was not the first one to take it off topic.I did not care the Might as well start it now got locked ,it had run it's coarse anyway. A dead horse as some would say.But with all the hours I spent on the scores. That one getting locked really ticked me off. I did not want it to end till after Saturday ! 3 or more hours a night for all those games (Boys & Girls) wasted time lost over one person ... Of all thing that have happened on here, this I want forget ........ :mad: Just VENTING :mad:
Grow up

I no longer want to be a GOLD MEMBER. If someone that very seldem posts can control the boards and get someone that contributes 3 plus hours nightly for for every football & basketball game then let him have his way. Everyone knows I was telling the truth. He does not want the truth out there and I know and have proved it. He knows you are not going to stop him no matter what he says. As I said he is a blood sucking leech that tries to cover the truth with his lies. That's all I have to say about it but I bet he want stop ! And you will let him slide. He want to push me and the truth away and I get NCPrep 1000 to his 1 view with my posts. As I said I ask him to PLEASE LET IT GO and he came back with even more bull crap. Totally unfair to let him get by with anything he want to say.If he attacks me a gain I will go else where maybe twitter who knows ! !

You two are both guilty of bringing up the same crap every year.

Mount Airy has benefited from transfers in the past. I can admit Starmount has as well.

There is no evidence that Bishop McGuinness has ever recruited anyone. They had a advantage of having a non-boundary school district but the talent has not been there like in the past.

I appreciate you posting scores and giving updates but don’t accuse other schools of doing illegal things when your own school had some advantages as well.

Yes i think airy has had some iffy transfers but it not close to qhat these non traditional schools have.

Who cares...drama queens everywhere...rules will never change...so complaining wont fix anything.

Once again Mount Airy & Murphy the beast two Girls teams in the state ! The west girl had several teams that could have beat Pamlico ! East has nothing for the west in Lady Basketball ! !
With that said , I have nothing else to say except Congratulations to the Lady Bears for two back to back Great State Championships ! !

I will be posting football scores next year ! Not sure where yet but if not here,look and you will find ! I don't like being made a fool of when their website says the truth. Thanks for all that followered my scores and the likes I got. I feel like I got all the blame even though I said , PLEASE LET IT GO we have both had our say and have been warned and that did not stop him. I am signing out till football season and may be back then for scores. Just feeling like a brick wall hit me right now after all I have done and time spent for NCPrep . GO BEARS ! ! ... Ready for FOOTBALL !
Follower me on Twitter below through the off season. Someone please Twitter me the new football coach at East Surry & Mount Airy's New Boy's Basketball coach. I want nothing to do with a sports message board at this time.

FridayNiteLights1217
@odell1217

Last edited:
Reactions: eastern
Who cares...drama queens everywhere...rules will never change...so complaining wont fix anything.
I can't believe as hard as I tried to find scores for your team when you ask me to, you would call me a drama queen. That I will remember when leaving out your scores. Everyone one here in public schools have complained at one time or the other of the advantages of private schools.Thanks a Bunch for putting me down ! !

Last edited:
Depending on the support I get is as to where I post scores next year. I hate a back staber no mater what levil they hold ! The Truth is the truth..Form your own opinion .Their website says,"The school is a member of the NC High School Athletic Association and the Northwest Conference. We compete – and win – against the top public and private schools in the Triad, and are eligible for participation in the NCHSAA State Playoffs in all sports."Do you see a public school being able to post something like this ?
Click this link and others on their website. Do you see this on Public school websites and I did not say the R word but
enticing to join comes to mind. He wants to shut us up and this is a message board and that is just a message and my opinion, form your own opinion. Everyone should be able to form their own opinion if this message board is to be fair. Now I am finished. You gave him the last word and then defended him. So unfair ! ! Don''t make a fool of me after all I have done..This thread may be deleted if I am correct.Or left if I am agreed with. I worked for a Newspaper for 9 years and believe in freedom of the press and speach ! ! ! With me or against me on the advantaged schools ,more so the private schools that have no bounderies at all !...Now I am really done and the R word was not in play and I have signed out . If I get banned ,then you know they're is a cover up and something to hide and you can find me @ FridayNiteLights1217
@odell1217

Click and read !
http://www.bmhs.us/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=297010&type=d&pREC_ID=691657

Last edited:
Cut Bishop some slack. They have an advantage and it's not fair to the other schools, but they're not cheating, and I've never seen them do anything but compete with class. Your beef is with the NCHSAA, not with BMHS.

The season before last, when MA and BM played each other in the 1A girls tennis playoffs, I saw one of their kids call a shot good when she had match point, and the only people other than her who saw it was good (by about two inches) were me and MA's coach. All she had to do was call it long and Bishop would have made it to the state finals. It was a match tiebreaker set, and the MA girl won the next two points and her team won 5-4.

Been like that in every sport. I don't like the playoff system (just commented on it in relation to WSP in another thread), but Bishop has been totally sporting in how it competes. I've worked in newspapers for 25 years and all they do is play, honestly and fairly, by the rules that someone else set.

Cut Bishop some slack. They have an advantage and it's not fair to the other schools, but they're not cheating, and I've never seen them do anything but compete with class. Your beef is with the NCHSAA, not with BMHS.

The season before last, when MA and BM played each other in the 1A girls tennis playoffs, I saw one of their kids call a shot good when she had match point, and the only people other than her who saw it was good (by about two inches) were me and MA's coach. All she had to do was call it long and Bishop would have made it to the state finals. It was a match tiebreaker set, and the MA girl won the next two points and her team won 5-4.

Been like that in every sport. I don't like the playoff system (just commented on it in relation to WSP in another thread), but Bishop has been totally sporting in how it competes. I've worked in newspapers for 25 years and all they do is play, honestly and fairly, by the rules that someone else set.
The NWC has won 13 streight Girls state Championships. The Lady Bears won the last 2 ,WSPrep the 2 before that and as of 2014, the girls basketball team (the Lady Villains) won nine consecutive state championships, the NCHSAA Record, and it was also tied for the 2nd longest consecutive state championship win streak nationally.There was so many complaints after so many years that ,for some reason they dryed up some and my opinion is all the posts on here complaining and rummer was it upset their players and may have hurt adding top players. No one wants to see them getting back there with their advantage of being right in the middle of 2 counties with over half a million people. If you had been here pre 2014 and seen these boards you would know. It has been quit for a few years but I hear they are getting some top players out of Forsyth & Gilford Counties. You have missed a lot because you were not here when these boards were blowing up from all the west and I do not rememer the complaints from the east . Again they won 9 consecutive state championships and I am not sure ,but probable NWC Championships. Someone may remember if they also won all 9 NWC Championships. I think with the 4 year absence,most have forgot that 9 year run. Now you can ask around or do some research. They have never always claimed to have an advantage because I am sure they're is many that remember pre 2012 they were saying they did not have an advantage and I know what was posted that so changed that to admitting they had an advantage. Sorry ,I just saw your post and knew your not being here back then you missed a lot and it was all about Girls Basketball as I remember. I do think if they get to that point again they should be forced to play up to 2-A or above.I have nothing against playing WSPrep or the other advantaged team in the conference but they should form a conference for these advantaged schools and play in they're own playoff.

Last edited:
The NWC has won 13 streight Girls state Championships. The Lady Bears won the last 2 ,WSPrep the 2 before that and as of 2014, the girls basketball team (the Lady Villains) won nine consecutive state championships, the NCHSAA Record, and it was also tied for the 2nd longest consecutive state championship win streak nationally.There was so many complaints after so many years that ,for some reason they dryed up some and my opinion is all the posts on here complaining and rummer was it upset their players and may have hurt adding top players. No one wants to see them getting back there with their advantage of being right in the middle of 2 counties with over half a million people. If you had been here pre 2014 and seen these boards you would know. It has been quit for a few years but I hear they are getting so top players out of Forsyth & Gilford Counties. You have missed a lot because you were not here when these boards were blowing up from all the west and I do not rememer the complaints from the east . Again they won 9 consecutive state championships and I am not sure ,but probable NWC Championships. Someone may remember if the also won all 9 NWC Championships. I think with the 4 year absence,most have forgot that 9 year run. Now you can ask around or do some research. They have never always claimed to have an advantage because I am sure they're is many that remember pre 2012 they were saying they did not have an advantage and I know what was posted that so changed that to admitting they had an advantage. Sorry ,I just saw your post and knew your not being here back then you missed a lot and it was all about Girls Basketball as I remember. I do think if they get to that point again they should be forced to play up to 2-A or above.

Clueless as usual. Thought you were gone until August

True and you know it. You always just try to draw attention from the truth, (Cover Up Is Your Job) I was just filling in someone that was not here when this all went down and he knows how to do research. Also sure plenty on here remember. This was in another newspaper but WSPrep should read 2015 & 2016 I think.
(Bishop McGuinness won the title nine straight seasons from 2006-14, Winston-Salem Prep won in 2005-06 and Mount Airy has won the past two seasons)
From Journal Prep Zone,Headline
Lucky No. 13: Granite Bears championship part of a dominant run for Northwest 1-A conference... http://www.journalnow.com/sports/pr...cle_ab10a122-c845-5bc0-b1b3-e7ce850d605d.html
Anyone knows winning 9 streight would cause an uproar ! ! Good Luck ............

Last edited:
I have not been embarrassed because I speak the truth and have always backed it up and you know it. You are just here to try and confuse and get off subjust with personal attacks on me. As I said we have said enought to each other. I have no reason to lie. It has always been out there and most remember. No more personal attacks and we are fine. I only post what is already out there for people to see. :) Have a good night my friend. ;)

Reactions: Girls -BBall Fan
I appreciate the Alleghany scores every year. But this subject has been beat to death for years. Its never going to change so i dont understand how people get so upset every year when nothing is ever going to change. Didnt meen to single u out FNL i appreciate all you have done for the website throughout the years...posting scores..brackets...etc. I just see another thread on this topic and my immediate response is...give it a break nothings gonna change.

Reactions: Champ_24
It will change.

If Bishop was such a up standing school they should ask to be put in 2a to equal out the advantage. I bet they arnt into fairness after all.

It will change.

If Bishop was such a up standing school they should ask to be put in 2a to equal out the advantage. I bet they arnt into fairness after all.
If I remember correctly one of them said a few years a go that they tried to get the NCHSAA to move them up and was turned down. Maybe for the 2012-2015 realignment or the one before the last. Seems to me a team years back was allowed to play down in the NWC with 2-A numbers. Can't remember which school . I think I know but not 100% sure and want say. I think no NWC school was against it maybe.

Cardinal Gibbons in Raleigh was very dominated in certain sports (volleyball, tennis, swimming) at the 2A level. I believe after realignment they were put in 3A, but they petitioned to play up in the 4A division.

A few years ago, a group asked for the NCHSAA to vote on whether to move Cardinal Gibbons, Bishop McGuinnesss, and Charlotte Catholic out of the association. Most 1A schools did vote for this to happen, but several of the other schools all over the state didn't vote and the measure didn't get the amount needed to pass.

A controversial system-wide vote to remove three parochial schools (Cardinal Gibbons, Charlotte Catholic, and Bishop McGuinness) from the NCHSAA did not get enough votes to pass, NCHSAA commissioner Davis Whitfield announced Thursday afternoon in Chapel Hill.

The Raleigh News & Observer reported that the system-wide vote came in at 235 to 51. To pass, the vote required a 3/4ths majority of the entire NCHSAA membership, 390 schools total. Of the membership, 104 schools did not vote; therefore those 104 votes were basically counted as not to vote them out.

The second part of the proposal, a measure to establish separate playoff brackets for charter schools, also failed, 197-81. A total of 112 schools did not vote on that measure either. All told, more than a fourth of the NCHSAA membership did not vote in either measure, essentially dooming both.

Yes it only effects a few conferences and the others could care less. I know complaining on here does no good but it did get a small change for public schools on transfers.They are listening but better changes take time and letting them know how unfair it is to public schools every year can bring more small changes or maybe a bigger change at some time. That is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
Not really sure why this was posted but how many on the Board of Director have a Charter/Magnet/Parochial school to deal with in their part of the state.
What control do these have or what decisions can they make to solve the unfair process we have in sports today. This is not meant to be a smart remark. I just did not understand what the link was for. An earlier post said 390 schools voted on changes. I am kinda mixed up here.
I think I count 23 board members,so what can they do.

Last edited:
The Problem = Politics .... legislators in Raleigh needs to let the schools & the NCHSAA work this out and stay out of the process. Anyone have thoughts on this. Is it right or totality wrong. This is based on posts I saw a year or so ago.

Not really sure why this was posted but how many on the Board of Director have a Charter/Magnet/Parochial school to deal with in their part of the state.
What control do these have or what decisions can they make to solve the unfair process we have in sports today. This is not meant to be a smart remark. I just did not understand what the link was for. An earlier post said 390 schools voted on changes. I am kinda mixed up here.
I think I count 23 board members,so what can they do.
Ok ,got it and why are these board members not doing their job and cleaning this mess up. They are favoring the Charter/Magnet/Parochial schools..... They need to clean this mess up and not let it keep going. This is a farce and the board is giving these advantaged schools the advantage they have over public schools. The monkey is on their back and the mess can and should be fixed in the next meeting..................

There are two online charter schools in North Carolina, both in Durham. Their only border is the state line. Between the two, they have 4400 students. Fortunately, they don’t offer sports......yet.

Not all the 390 schools voted FNL, about 100 schools didn’t so technically their vote was a no because the NCHSAA had to have a certain percentage around 80% for the issue to pass.

Most of those schools could care less what happenes at the 1a level

most of the schools that did not vote are 3A & 4A with the AD's being football coaches. If 1A football becomes affected by this then something may change.

Not all the 390 schools voted FNL, about 100 schools didn’t so technically their vote was a no because the NCHSAA had to have a certain percentage around 80% for the issue to pass.
I remember you said that ,and I was just asking who had the control , the 390 schools that can vote or the 23 board members. I did not make myself clear. What part does each play and who has the final say.

Most of those schools could care less what happenes at the 1a level
That is the problem. If it only effects the 1-A schools then the 1-A should be the only ones to vote on it . As I said ,they're is a fix and they just need to do it and move on so we don't have to go here every year ! Why is the NCHSAA giving these Charter/Magnet/Parochial schools this advantage ? The Public schools work to hard trying to keep up with these Charter/Magnet/Parochial schools only to have championships handed to the advantaged schools on a platter ! ! ! Just look at how the NWC Boys was robbed this year having to knock each other off in the first 3 rounds.with WSPrep getting the honor to win the state championship. What do these schools hold over the NCHSAA ? :eek:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT