ADVERTISEMENT

Additional items discussed at NCHSAA meeting

Sportsnut17

Oct 7, 2005
From the WS Journal:

The board discussing other topics, including:

Realignment. Tucker described a plan for its next realignment similar to a tape recorder: The "pause button" has been pushed, although she aims to have a plan approved by March 2021. The realignment committee has had only two in-person meetings because of the pandemic. She hopes to have more information for the NCHSAA's regional meetings in September.

Eligibility and physicals. The board approved use of Pre-Participation Examinations (PPE) conducted on or after April 1, 2019, and will allow eligibility for athletes who passed this academic year's grade level.

Football contact. Weekly preseason scrimmages will be reduced from seven to five hours per week when football returns, and teams will have 48 hours of no contact between scrimmages but not including jamborees. During preseason practices, from Aug. 1 to the Monday prior to the start of the season, players will be limited to 15 minutes of live action contact per group per day. When the regular season kicks off, players are limited to 15 minutes per week. Contact includes full-speed drills and scrimmages between offense and defense that involve tackling. For spring practice in 2021, a simulation of a live action drill ending in no player taken to the ground will be permitted for 60 minutes per day.

I'm not sure how I feel about the contact stuff. I'm down with the 48 hours between scrimmages and that stuff. The 15 minute time limits are what gets me.

I'm not sure how I feel about the contact stuff. I'm down with the 48 hours between scrimmages and that stuff. The 15 minute time limits are what gets me.
Gonna be a lot of sloppy football and missed tackles..but safety 1st

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT