ADVERTISEMENT

ac reynolds vs southwest guilford

rocketfan73

Nov 30, 2014
ok so who can tell us about southwest guilford. what kind of offense do they run? are they a passing team or a running team?

SW Guilford has two of the best players in the state, they are dangerous on offense. Freshman QB who has played really well down the stretch....AC Reynolds is on upset alert here.

Should be a good a game. ACR has had a lot of success in the past with teams from this conference. It looks like their only common opponent is Parkland. ACR will need to cut down on the penalties if they want to win.

At the start of the season who would have thought that after one week of playoffs only one team would be left in WMAC while three teams in the Mountain Six are still playing.?
Good luck to the Rockets this Friday.

At the start of the season who would have thought that after one week of playoffs only one team would be left in WMAC.
Pretty much everybody in wnc could have told you that by week 5. Asheville is in the midst of one the worst three year runs this century and we smashed Erwin, so I personally am not surprised in anyway our teams didnt make it past week one.

At the start of the season who would have thought that after one week of playoffs only one team would be left in WMAC while three teams in the Mountain Six are still playing. Good luck to the Rockets this Friday.

Well considering the mountain six had 4 teams playing each other, two were guaranteed to move on. Also outside of Franklin I doubt the Mtn 6 could have beaten with the teams Asheville, Erwin or Tuscola faced. I’m all for WNC teams now, but I think saying the WMAC didn’t preform well isn’t fair, the level of competition was extremely tough for the WMAC teams. No Brevard or Smoky Mountains in the teams they played!

Well considering the mountain six had 4 teams playing each other, two were guaranteed to move on. Also outside of Franklin I doubt the Mtn 6 could have beaten with the teams Asheville, Erwin or Tuscola faced. I’m all for WNC teams now, but I think saying the WMAC didn’t preform well isn’t fair, the level of competition was extremely tough for the WMAC teams. No Brevard or Smoky Mountains in the teams they played!

I just made a statement .Never said anything about how good or bad your conference was.There was no North Buncombe , Enka ,North Henderson or West Henderson in our conference either.

Okay maybe I misunderstood your post.....however West Henderson beat East Henderson by 30, just sayin’ ;):D;) good luck to Pisgah, hope y’all play well this week!

At the start of the season who would have thought that after one week of playoffs only one team would be left in WMAC while three teams in the Mountain Six are still playing.?
Good luck to the Rockets this Friday.
me, i thought the mac was terrible this year,worst i've ever seen it

I've said before, Reynolds got a good draw being able to not see Charlotte Catholic, crest, weddington, Dudley, Monroe, havelock, Kings mountain. Because of that, and of course having a very good team with a good qb and a great coach, they have a chance of making a deep run. Although it sounds like southwest guilford could give them all they wanted.

And on the flip side, we have a couple 2a schools that are undefeated like mountain heritage and Franklin that nobody is predicting to be in the state championship game because of the south points shelbys and reidsvilles. It's all about draws.

me, i thought the mac was terrible this year,worst i've ever seen it
I agree with you 100 percent. Reynolds has a good team. Only one loss to a traditional power, however the WMAC was pathetic and provided little to no challenge to them.

SWG by 6. MLB #2 is very aggressive. Corners are tall 6'0-6'3 range. Qb is special

i remember several years back we were heading to greensboro to play a so called unbeatable team from dudley in the state semifinals. no one gave us much chance.they were very good very exploseive on offense and very big and fast on defense. we were down 8 to 0 at halftime.we kept plugging away scored on a safety. 8 to 2. then a 35 or 40 yard pass play put us close and A.J. Marion blasted into the end zone for a 9 to 8 lead. we took the lead and won the game... the next week we won at state. we dont get to make the draws were just like everyone else we play who they put in front of us.we would play dudley charlotte catholic weddington crest or whomever they put in our bracket. thats just how it goes. this week its sw guilford. we will be there friday night ready for for what i think is going to be a hard fought game. personally i like our chances and i think we will win. if we dont congrats to sw guilford. go green

Reactions: GG4BAMA and ConnerP
Someone please enlighten me as to why everyone is picking SW Guilford when they only beat Parkland by 3, and ACR smoked that same Parkland team last week 52-6? I'm not being sarcastic, either. Just 1+1 doesn't equal 2 here. Did SW have some injuries in that game? Has Parkland lost a step?

sw guilford had a good team . the middle linebacker wasnt a factor. their noseguard number 50 was a beast their lack of speed surprised me though. congrats to the rockets for winning a hard fought very physical game.our qb was the main difference in the game in my opinion.our defe. go greennse and special teams played great tonite. go green

sw guilford had a good team . the middle linebacker wasnt a factor. their noseguard number 50 was a beast their lack of speed surprised me though. congrats to the rockets for winning a hard fought very physical game.our qb was the main difference in the game in my opinion.our defe. go greennse and special teams played great tonite. go green

Great game Rockets! Lack of SWG speed?? Best D we have seen this season. ACR QB balled out tonight, very dominant defensive performance by the Rockets!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT