ADVERTISEMENT

AC Reynolds vs New Hanover State Championship

SV beat W. Charlotte 10-7 to win the state championship.
The kid who caught the winning TD was in the end zone from the previous play and never left the end zone and then caught the pass. Let that one sink in for 26 years. .
Am I understanding that's correctly?
That's one of the most unbelievable things I have ever seen. How dumb does everybody have to be to fall for that and not see it? Lol

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Why use 7 instead of 5? Is it to reward 2 more officials in the games, that would mean 16 total for the Championship games alone, or to officiate the game better. If that's the case why not use 7 for every high school game from the onset of the season?

They are having trouble getting officials enough to have five to cover the games. $75 a game for the training, travel, uniforms, and the issues they put up with has turned many from the ranks.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
I have seen a bunch of football games in my life and I graduated from Hoggard which is NH's rival and that really did happen. I do not get on here and bash refs. Some refs call games tight some let them play. Refs miss calls but get most right but this was the worse call or no call I have ever witnessed, not even close.

What year did you graduate Port? I graduated in 1982.

You must have snuck in to that game in 1991. We try to keep the shipyard boys out of Legion Stadium. :)

It still stings Port.

ReynoldsRocks - ask Coach Poss about it. Would like to know his side.

Gotta love the center for SV. Got on the ball, found the clock and snapped it before all 0’s

I probably won’t see Poss until next football season, I live in Charlotte area and he’s in Asheville. I will ask him though, remind me as the season rolls around next year!

SV beat W. Charlotte 10-7 to win the state championship.
The kid who caught the winning TD was in the end zone from the previous play and never left the end zone and then caught the pass. Let that one sink in for 26 years. That NH team was one of the best if not the best team to come out of Wilmington. They were nationally ranked. The late coach, Joe Miller never won it all but probably would have in 91.

W. Charlotte had Knotts and a highly recruited RB named Brian Knuckles that year.

They are having trouble getting officials enough to have five to cover the games. $75 a game for the training, travel, uniforms, and the issues they put up with has turned many from the ranks.

A perfect reason to stay with 5 throughout the playoffs and Championship games. It's a thankless job at the high school level and the performance is getting worse every year, IMO.

Knuckles was a stud!

One of the top couple of running backs to play in Charlotte over the last thirty years. JUCO AA. Ripped it up at the Nebraska spring game and was placed third on the depth chart. Immediately left and went to Western or Eastern Illinois where he was a D1AA All American.

David Green, the QB, later started at Duke. The backup and future WC starter was Pep Hamilton, Associate HC at Michigan, who has an impressive resume of college and NFL work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT