ADVERTISEMENT

AC Reynolds vs New Hanover State Championship

This is Reynolds 5th appearance in a State Championship game and we have never scored more than 14 points, despite that we are 3-1. Offense wins games, defensive wins championships and we should have the best defense New Hanover will have seen. Despite that we will have to score more than 14 points to win this game. Fortunately I think this may be our best offense to reach the title game. A big factor in this game will be the atmosphere, it is really different playing in a HUGE college stadium compared to a high school stadium. I know it sounds silly but it makes a difference, our coaching staff has been there and knows how to prepare for that atmosphere. The weather will be big too, especially if it is windy passing may be more difficult. I think one of 2 things happens, either Reynolds does have the best defense New Hanover has seen and wins 21-14, or Wiz Vaughn is just too much and New Hanover blows us away. In the last 33 years we have been blown away very seldomly in the playoffs so I go with Reynolds beating a very good New Hanover team 21-14. You know what they say, never pick against your team. Everyone be safe. Go Big Green!!!!
Hoggard held NH to 7 points, they had a pretty good defense.

I'm no expert on eastern North Carolina football, but every highlight I see of new Hanover, it looks like they are playing the worst teams in the country. Do any players from new Hanover have big time offers? That qb last week from sun valley was probably the best qb I've ever seen. Will be interesting to see how this kid plays
You might want to watch ACR on film with their opp as well. You would see pretty much the same thing.

Opp avg Ranking

ACR 165.7
NH 139

Last edited:
Pulling for the rockets down in Rutherford co. Have not seen ACR since Rico was there but did come up and see him play 2 times that year and once at Shelby

You might want to watch ACR on film with their opp as well. You would see pretty much the same thing.

Opp avg Ranking

ACR 165.7
NH 139
Oh well that's an interesting statistic. Yea our conference (the one Reynolds played in) was terrible this year.
But let us not forget, Asheville leads the all time series against Reynolds. (Sorry had to say it)

Reactions: Mopar forever
Sorry New Hanover fans, I should have mentioned this sooner. If you go to gobiggreen.net there is a ton of info and stats on Reynolds. It is a great site. It has the same name as me but I am not affiliated with it. That honor belongs to the Tweeds who work very hard on it and do a great job.

Sorry New Hanover fans, I should have mentioned this sooner. If you go to gobiggreen.net there is a ton of info and stats on Reynolds. It is a great site. It has the same name as me but I am not affiliated with it. That honor belongs to the Tweeds who work very hard on it and do a great job.
That's a great site.

You know when them Mountain boys rolled over all of us flatlanders...they're dangerous. Give'em hell Rockets!

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
getting closer to time. praying for safe travel for all our rocket fans heading to durham today.first championship game im going to miss but i will be watching and my heart will be down there with all you guys.its going to be a great game.bring it home acr. GO GREEN

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Had both feet in and they talked about it for 5 minutes. Still screwed it up.

Good luck Rockets. This Tiger is pulling for you guys. My grandson in youth league played against St Onge, Flynn, Hembree. Great group of athletes. Also good luck to Ari Williams love that kid.

That first drive of the second half was a perfect example of what you expect from Reynolds coaching staff.

Looking like its setting up to be one of those games that Reynolds pulls out. They have them right where they want them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT