ADVERTISEMENT

AC Reynolds Jamboree

According to gobiggreen.net
Asheville/Murphy is 5:45
Erwin/Shelby 7
Reynolds/Freedom 8:15

No better way for a very young Erwin team with a new coach to be broke in hard their first time on the field then a match up with Shelby...:eek: Should be fun

Go big green is wrong sometimes. Just to make sure I would check another source. Good site but I see things that are wrong on that site.

Times for the games are never wrong, came straight from Coach Laws text to me, and I still have it. There may be a couple records off here and there over history but for the most part it's accurate.

Go big green is wrong sometimes. Just to make sure I would check another source. Good site but I see things that are wrong on that site.

I'd like better info on Robbinsville but I can't find their website, please let me know where to find it so I can correct my errors.

I got there in middle of Asheville/Murphy, i never saw Asheville score, they drove a few times but never saw a score. QB for Ash. Small in size and acted tentative at tines.

I got there in middle of Asheville/Murphy, i never saw Asheville score, they drove a few times but never saw a score. QB for Ash. Small in size and acted tentative at tines.
I just don't know where the talent has gone for Asheville. We have one big d1 stud this year, but we used to have 2-3 and then about 5-6 other "best at their position in the conference" type guys. The last several years have just been painful.

What was the Erwin/Shelby score, and what was the ACR/Freedom score? I'm on a cruise in the Caribbean and need some football info bad!!!!

Ashevilles run may be over. The city just cost to much to live in now. Everybody is moving outside the city limits to these county schools.

4-2 shelby

How did Erwin look shelbyfan1? I wasn't able to make it out there last night but 4-2 against a very good program seems alright to me. We are really young at many positions. Just trying to get a feel for this team.

Ashevilles run may be over. The city just cost to much to live in now. Everybody is moving outside the city limits to these county schools.

Most of Asheville's talent every year comes from the projects and that probably hasn't changed much. I honestly think they will be just fine. They still have plenty of talent.

I thought Erwin was gritty bunch, played with heart, Coach Rod. Had them ready to play.
I talked to him after the game, we been friends for yrs, he sid he was pleased with effort his guys gave.
I feel conf. Is between Ac and u guys.

Reactions: BD Warrior
I thought Erwin was gritty bunch, played with heart, Coach Rod. Had them ready to play.
I talked to him after the game, we been friends for yrs, he sid he was pleased with effort his guys gave.
I feel conf. Is between Ac and u guys.

Thanks for the feedback. I am in the dark with this team so I have nothing to go by. Having a soph at qb and new coach is a learning curve for sure. How does Shelby look? I am sure they will be a force as always.

I belive the score was 4-2 Ac
Freedom looks improved,
AC looked good, but no.10 best player imo, went out hurt.
I left with little time left

Most of Asheville's talent every year comes from the projects and that probably hasn't changed much. I honestly think they will be just fine. They still have plenty of talent.
Projects getting torn down. They working on the second one now

Sounds to me like AHS fans feel they should have walked the dog on Murphy. And thoughts of gloom and doom when they didnt? I remember Murphy being more than competitive with the Asheville teams during those years when AHS DID have all of that talent . Maybe Murphy deserves some respect as an equal in WNC to ANYBODY. PHS will play Murphy in the first game at WCU. We will see how that goes. Unless I miss my guess we Murphy will be more than competitive in that match up as well. AS for Asheville, I feel they will be hard to beat, just like always. Projects or no projects.

AC Reynolds K. Robinson and probably the best in this part of the state was for some unknown reason playing running back in a scrimmage and went out with a leg injury early in the scrimmage. He is tall and lanky and not built to take the punishment that a running back takes. Their senior QB might have got a concussion playing wide receiver. So two of ACR's best players were hurt playing out of their normal positions in a meaningless scrimmage. Go figure!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: shelbyfan1
Number 10 is also our best TB, and he is going to play there to get him more touches. As a WR he would only get 5-10 touches tops, he will get 20+ as a TB. As for the QB, he is playing WR AND QB both this year. We have a very good passing QB that's a junior and he will get lots of QB reps this year. As for the injuries one is a slight concussion, the QB, and number 10 hyperextended his knee and no damage to knee was done. Both will sit out next scrimmage and be ready for the first game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT