9/17 @ N Buncombe
9/24 vs Enka
10/1 @ Asheville
10/8 vs Erwin
10/15 OPEN
10/22 @ TCR
10/29 vs McDowell

Last edited:
Heading down to ol'e Georgia? You guys must have a pretty good team coming up in a year or two.

Heading down to ol'e Georgia? You guys must have a pretty good team coming up in a year or two.
Yep GA it is, seems we can’t find any WNC teams to play us. Even Owen is no longer an option. Our team started lots of freshmen and sophomores in the spring so we still will have some growing to do in the fall, but should be fairly good in a year or so. We had more sophomores make all conference then we did seniors!

Yep GA it is, seems we can’t find any WNC teams to play us. Even Owen is no longer an option. Our team started lots of freshmen and sophomores in the spring so we still will have some growing to do in the fall, but should be fairly good in a year or so. We had more sophomores make all conference then we did seniors!
Do you ever try to go towards Knoxville to play. Just wondering. Alcoa has only 9 games scheduled for next year and was looking for a game.

Do you ever try to go towards Knoxville to play. Just wondering. Alcoa has only 9 games scheduled for next year and was looking for a game.
Honestly I have no idea what teams were searched for and where, I do know that WNC teams that were contacted declined. It’s just as well though, playing this non conference schedule better prepares our guys for the playoffs, especially since we will be 4A this fall.

Honestly I have no idea what teams were searched for and where, I do know that WNC teams that were contacted declined. It’s just as well though, playing this non conference schedule better prepares our guys for the playoffs, especially since we will be 4A this fall.
I just kind of surprised more teams in WNC don’t go towards Knoxville to look for games against good teams.Murphy and South Pittsburgh,TN are playing September 10th. I’m going to try and take off work to go watch that. South Pittsburgh is usually one of the better 1a teams in TN.

Reactions: Chopper747
McDowell is back with the Buncombe schools. Reynolds will obviously be the class of the new-ish conference

McDowell is back with the Buncombe schools. Reynolds will obviously be the class of the new-ish conference
Asheville will very much be in the hunt, they have a great coach and talent! It’s not ACR and the rest anymore, it’s back to ACR/Asheville battling again.

Reactions: Titanman27
Asheville will very much be in the hunt, they have a great coach and talent! It’s not ACR and the rest anymore, it’s back to ACR/Asheville battling again.
I'm guessing Roberson is going to take a big step back with losing so much on offense.

Here is how I expect the conference to play out-

1.ACR
2. Asheville
3. Roberson
4. Erwin
5. McDowell
6. North Buncombe
7. Enka

McDowell seems to be improving but has to replace its best Running back and best WR. The QB returns and some of both lines. The JV team has been doing ok. I could see them finishing anywhere from 3rd to 6th.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Rabun Gap is a stone’s throw from being a WNC team—just across the state line past Franklin. Play in the NC private playoffs, with a lot of kids from WNC. Theyve played SMC teams regularly in the past but I doubt that continues much longer. Two of their better players will be a Minnesota commit WR/S who transferred from Tuscola and a WR who transferred from Andrews and has offers from VA Tech, Iowa State and a handful of other FBS schools.

Rabun Gap is a stone’s throw from being a WNC team—just across the state line past Franklin. Play in the NC private playoffs, with a lot of kids from WNC. Theyve played SMC teams regularly in the past but I doubt that continues much longer. Two of their better players will be a Minnesota commit WR/S who transferred from Tuscola and a WR who transferred from Andrews and has offers from VA Tech, Iowa State and a handful of other FBS schools.
Would these kids get offers like this if they stayed in district or does playing at a place like Rabun Gap, which hosts international students and has a fantastic academic reputation, help them get noticed?

Would these kids get offers like this if they stayed in district or does playing at a place like Rabun Gap, which hosts international students and has a fantastic academic reputation, help them get noticed?
For certain kids, it’s the right move, but both of those kids are well over 6 feet and just won CAA track titles (100 meters and long jump for the kid from Andrews and high jump for the kid from Tuscola). They were already D1 athletes, just maybe weren’t getting as much chance to show it for whatever reason. The Andrews kid, for instance, was needed elsewhere and didn’t get to play WR while at Andrews. But I wonder how many other kids will see their success and think going to Rabun Gap will magically make them a D1 prospect when they aren’t at the same level as these guys.

RR2 is correct! Nobody wants the Green Machine Anymore!? This is an absolute perfect game year in, your out for Pisgah High School! ACR has typically quick backs like Ikeme and then a bruiser like Cunningham! Tolbert is going to be a stud with work on his throwing mechanics and decision making skills inside the pocket! This fall, Reynolds will be missing Carter but will still be a better squad all in all. Look for Sayvon to outrun and out jump and DBs all throuout the league. Very special LB in young C Lewis at only a sophomore! May contribute on short yardage as well on offense. Several athletes in that school and some already on the roster that if they get their attitude corrected, could be the very ingredient to take ACR to "the ship" this year! Tolbert needs to mature a good bit, but if so.... WATCH OUT! Pisgah will need a young person to step up as a true threat to sling the ball! Young QB B Reynolds has the intelligence and athletic ability if he grows a bit and works on throwing on the hop, he could be the exact ingredient to take Pisgah just as far with a stable of stud backs and huge O line as usual! These two squads were kneck and kneck for the first scrimmage of the year and although ACR had the only offensive score of the scrimmage, Pisgah also stopped and took over 4 times in the first 10 play v 10 play series to open the scrimmage! Netted zero yards for the most part for the entire game. I think this game would bring a huge gate at both locations year in and year out, possibly even sparking a new rivalry where Tuscola hasn't been much of a rivalry game and Erwin is the same for ACR! Although it looks as if ACR Asheville might be lighting up again. Look for better years from the High as well! Chapel and Laws are good buddies and both men of faith.....they need to get together and make this a regular scheduled game imho. Best of luck to both. Go Bears!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT