ADVERTISEMENT

AC Reynolds at Erwin Part 2...Round 1

AhsCougar1

Oct 3, 2007
I know alot of people aren't happy about this first round draw. I think Reynolds actually welcomes this matchup more than Erwin. Many of the Reynolds fans feel they played well enough at home to win a couple months ago. There have been some questions as to whether Reynolds was seeded correctly, but it looks like it is set in stone that Reynolds will be traveling to West Asheville to face Erwin for the 2nd time this year. I am sure Reynolds would like to avenge a 3 point loss on their home field and get a win on the road and advance in the playoffs. Probably will be a big crowd and I will be interested to see if Erwin tries to throw 50 times against Reynolds like they did against us last night. Reynolds is scoring like 65 points a game since losing to us, but they also have played some of the worst teams in the conference so I think its a bit of a mixture of them getting things going and the other teams just not being very good. This game could go down to the wire....again.

It's hard to beat a good team twice, ACR will have they starting QB back which they didn't have in the first game, but......... If Erwin comes 5 wide like they did against AHS, will ACR have the personal to defend? Could come down to who had the ball last

Going to be very tough to beat these guys again, but I do feel like we are a better team then when we played them first go round. I know this Acr offense is on another level now that they have their quarterback healthy. Our kids will have to play mistake free to win, but I still think we can get the job done.
Should be another great atmosphere.

There is no better playoff matchup that night. ACR with a QB and revenge on their minds. Erwin #85 pushing off and out jumping everyone for the ball. ACR #10 looked rusty (running in circles) that first game, but is running with authority now. Erwin with their home field advantage. This is what it's all about. Winner will have bragging rights for sure. Unfortunately, the winner gets WEDDINGTON.

Reynolds is healthy and is ready for this rematch.Erwin didn't look great against Asheville last week .ACR defense has gotten better than the the games earlier.gonna be nice not to travel 200 miles.

If Erwin is smart, they'll run the ball more this Friday night. When the opposing teams defense can drop 6 into coverage all night something isn't right.

Good luck to both teams. Much respect for Reynolds and Erwin both from this Cougar. Hope the winner comes out healthy and injury free. Weddington will be waiting.

PS; advice to the winner......throw the ball on Weddington. Throw it deep and often.

To the ACR fans. I want to say thank you! for going back all the way to 1980 on the website. gobiggreen. it's really interesting!

I'm pretty fired up about this one! Although I think we deserve a higher seed than what we recieved, and like playing new people.... how can you not want a little revenge on a game that you had an opportunity to win!!! Should be a completely different game from the last one. Erwin seems to be throwing it a lot more now, and they can't stack 8 in the box and dare us to throw. Just BLOCK #48!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I imagine our kids are pretty mad about what happened last Friday night. We will have to play out best to win, but I have faith we can get it done.

Erwin will not have the advantage of a bye week before the game this time, and they will not be able to put 8 in the box this time either. ACR by 3.

I think this will be the best game in the first round. I think with revenge on its mind ACR will sneak by and win a close game.

Originally posted by Packer10:
Erwin will not have the advantage of a bye week before the game this time, and they will not be able to put 8 in the box this time either. ACR by 3.
Erwin had a bye week before the Reynolds AND Asheville games???

10157125_809162029126742_4291673047345383696_n.jpg

I believe both Asheville and Erwin had bye weeks before they played ACR this year.

I don't care. I want a copy of that photo though. Did that come from Paulks mom or Darlah?

I'll take Erwin again in a close one. Yes I understand that Reynolds wants revenge. But Erwin will be feeling some type of way after losing to Asheville. Like they have something to prove. And the game being at Erwin will help a lot. I cannot tell you how nice it is to play on your own field during the playoffs. Especially against Reynolds. I know from experience how tough it is to pull out a win at Reynolds and asheville.

I would like to see #11 run the ball a little bit on Friday. Our offensive line has been improving as the year went on. That kid has enough wiggle to make someone miss and pick up some yards.

This post was edited on 11/11 10:24 AM by ehswarriors02

Also would like to see #20 Palmer run the ball. Kid has speed, power and he runs up the field not left to right.

He has played wide receiver most of the year. I think he needs to put on some muscle before he starts. Has some great moves just not strong enough to break tackles right now.

ai1015,
You said you had no respect for Asheville.......like we're a bunch of thugs or something. Someone egged the hell out of our football teams buses at Erwin Friday night. Classy....really classy.

Sorry to hear that about the buses. The players on the field showed no class. If I was coaching that team I would have sat a couple players.
This post was edited on 11/11 11:29 PM by ai1015

Both teams had unsportsmanlike and personal foul penalties. There was some jawing going on from both teams so I don't see how you can say Asheville showed no class while Erwin was doing the same. It's a big game that had a lot on the line, players are going to show some emotion.

As a neutral observer I think both teams played with emotion and fire and that's about it. Sure there was some talking but all in fun considering that they are most likely friends off the field.

Exactly, Owen fan. It was a real rivalry atmosphere, for sure. Classless and cocky players are totally different.

Amen! I want to hear some more about this week. The regular season is over and done with, There's trash talk and dirty plays every Friday night. It's football, you gotta be a little nasty to play this game. Just let it go.

Anyways.....

I look for this Friday to be a shootout, emotions running high and revenge on the Rockets mind. It's what you do in November that matters.

Fair enough 02.

I've seen Erwin at full strength this year. When I saw Reynolds, they were without their QB and a couple other starters. My gut is saying Erwin by 3, but Reynolds hasn't been beaten twice by the same opponent in the same year.

No disrespect to Reynolds, but Erwin is just too damn dangerous on offense. I look for coach Laws to put plenty of points on the board, but give Erwin the ball back in the last two minutes again.

Erwin 48 - Reynolds 42

Of course I could be completely wrong and Reynolds comes out and blows the Warriors away and never looks back.

I will take an improving ACR in a tight game. I discount the first 4 games this year.

I haven't really said much about this game this week because I was pretty disappointed when I seen this matchup. I have a lot of respect for Reynolds and I know they will be very tough to beat again. I just wish we were playing someone new. It really takes away from the whole playoff feel. I believe that's why there is not much talk about this game this time around. The worst part one of the MAC top 3 teams will be gone in week one and another in week 3. Oh well, just my little rant. Good luck to Asheville, NB, TC, and McDowell tonight..

It may be boring on the message boards this week, but I'm excited for an electric atmosphere. Should be fun! Good luck to all of the MAC teams tonight... except Erwin
wink.r191677.gif

Good luck Warriors. I have never seen fans from a squad brag as much as ACR fans do on here and in person, if for no other reason I hope you pound them. I also am rooting for my new pal to win tonight. Good luck BD, you homer! Lol!

Erwin 14 Reynolds 14 1st qtr. Erwin finally let the freshman Isaiah Poore go tonight. He had a 80 yd kick return for td and a very long run. They should have used him all season.

Yes ACR and the Refs won the game. Erwin had them beat with a late TD and the ref made a phantom call. A all out Brawl about broke out and it would have been just.

This post was edited on 11/14 11:09 PM by ai1015

Great win for Reynolds, now lets be fair. BOTH teams had a TD called back in the final 4 minutes and it looked like the refs got them both right to me. Amazing that Erwin didn't get a single holding call all night. Also on the screen plays the Erwin receivers blocked all night while the ball was in the air, and that is offensive pass interference, it wasn't called a single time. The difference in this game was not the referee's, it was the 4 Erwin turnovers that Reynolds forced. Great game ,way to go Rockets. Erwin, you are now a force and your football program is very good, you are well coached and the future is bright for you. I know you are hurting now, but you are on the right track.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT