Sept. 29 - @ Tuscola
Oct. 6 - OPEN
Oct. 13 - Asheville
Oct. 20 - @ North Buncombe
Oct. 27 - West Henderson
Nov. 3 - @ TC Roberson

BOLD
= Conference Games

Southern Durham? That's over three hours away. Surely to goodness they could find something, somebody somewhere closer than that?

Southern Durham? That's over three hours away. Surely to goodness they could find something, somebody somewhere closer than that?
Nope, most WNC teams won't play us and with the new realignment it was extremely hard to find someone. We looked at teams from TN also. The past 4 years we played West Forsyth in the first game, so we know travel!

Nope, most WNC teams won't play us and with the new realignment it was extremely hard to find someone. We looked at teams from TN also. The past 4 years we played West Forsyth in the first game, so we know travel!

Wow, your couldn't go to TN or GA, heck even SC. SD that's a loong ride

I think it's prior to school starting so at least they can leave early and not miss school!

I'm sure Southern Durham will be returning the trip in 2018.

May have to check out that S. Durham/A.C. Reynolds game to open the season?

What do the Rockets have returning next season?

S.Durham has built quite a reputation for themselves the last several years, while Shelby is just another level altogether....Tough OCC schedule for sure!

Wow, your couldn't go to TN or GA, heck even SC. SD that's a loong ride

SD is not that far, considering AC Reynolds has traveled to play in Texas before, several years ago.

Actually they played Dennison, TX in Florida that year. Still further than Durham though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopper747

That's a load of crap. I would almost be willing to bet that any decent team in WNC would be willing to play AC Reynolds, Reynolds has just always been very active in seeking out the best non-conference opponents they can going back to the days of Bobby Poss.

West Forsyth, Shelby, Crest, South Point, Southern Durham, so on and so forth.

Reactions: Crestuff
That's a load of crap. I would almost be willing to bet that any decent team in WNC would be willing to play AC Reynolds, Reynolds has just always been very active in seeking out the best non-conference opponents they can going back to the days of Bobby Poss.

West Forsyth, Shelby, Crest, South Point, Southern Durham, so on and so forth.

I didn't know you were privy to ACR's search for non conference games. ReynoldsRocks said MOST wouldn't play ACR not all. ACR isn't looking for creampuffs for non conference games. Sure, they could go play some of the WNC teams ( I won't name the schools out of respect) that couldn't beat a good middle school team but the only thing that does is pad stats. When you play good teams early, it lets you know what areas you need to work on before conference play starts. Sometimes it bites you in the butt if you don't win them because of playoff seeding but I think the pros outweigh the cons.

Reynolds went to Florida to play a Texas team couple years ago? That wasn't even in this century was it?

ACR isn't looking for creampuffs for non conference games. Sure, they could go play some of the WNC teams ( I won't name the schools out of respect) that couldn't beat a good middle school team but the only thing that does is pad stats. When you play good teams early, it lets you know what areas you need to work on before conference play starts. Sometimes it bites you in the butt if you don't win them because of playoff seeding but I think the pros outweigh the cons.

Did I say anything to the contrary? I said if you were to give any decent team in WNC a call for a non-conference game, you would get a yes. That goes for anyone outside of probably Rosman, Andrews, Hayesville and Cherokee. However, if you're scheduling is indicative of your search, you don't even give that call. Just don't sit here and say teams in WNC are running from you.

I completely agree with playing the best of the best as early as possible. Especially for a program like Reynolds who goes into every season in contention. That was never my argument.

It's not as easy as picking up a phone and calling local teams and they say yes. If that were the case ACR, Asheville, and Erwin wouldn't all be having the same issue! Teams in WNC avoid all three of us like the plague.

Reactions: Cougarsfan22
Any of you Reynolds guys know who runs the gobiggreen.net site. I saw a mistake and wanted to let him know.

He has smoky mTN 4-0 vs Robbinsville. It should 3-1 or 4-1. We beat them the year before last.

Reynoldsrocks2 runs the site. I am sure he will see your post and get it corrected.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Smoky beat us first three years after they became sm. I think it was 87,88,and 89. Didn't play anymore until the last two years which we split. So, it should be 4-1 now.

Like to also say that gobiggreen.net is a great site for information. Full of history. Just a damn good site. Keep up the good work.

Glad we are still playing ACR..... Great program, staff, kids and fans.... Always a good barometer of where we are an or need to be....

Wait a minute, I'm confused. Is ACR playing Burns? You know what I mean, SL! LOL

It's not as easy as picking up a phone and calling local teams and they say yes. If that were the case ACR, Asheville, and Erwin wouldn't all be having the same issue! Teams in WNC avoid all three of us like the plague.
Hmmmm Wonder why that could possibly be? Especially in the case of ACR Asheville and TCR? Not so much Erwin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT