3. Scotland (4-0) 146 3
4. Greensboro Dudley (1) (4-0) 120 6
5. Charlotte Catholic (1) (3-0) 107 5
6. Matthews Butler (3-1) 83 7
7. Pinecrest (4-0) 76 8
8. Charlotte Vance (1) (3-1) 59 4
9. Greensboro Page (4-0) 54 9
10. East Forsyth (4-0) 40 10

Others receiving 10 or more points: Cornelius Hough (4-0) 20.

I watched Pinecrest's alleged pass defense last week online. No, they are not #1. It's one thing to give up bombs, but for the vast multitude of wide open receivers to not have anyone within 20 yards of them the entire game was pretty funny to watch.

It's a darned fine looking offense, though!

Really nice to see 3 Triad area schools in the AP Top 10 with Dudley, Page, and East Forsyth

Outside of Scotland and Pinecrest, the 4a poll is loaded with "big city" schools. Also noticed there are at least 3 "small 4a" schools in the top ten. If everything holds, the winter party we call the playoffs are sure to be fun. Lots of football to be played, but I think these teams are going to be your representatives until the final whistle.

Pinecrest is only #1 on MaxPreps and we all know that their formula for ranking teams outside of the top 25 they do nationally is flawed.
Mallard Creek is #1 until a team from NC can knock them off. Plain and simple in my opinion.

Pinecrest is only #1 on MaxPreps and we all know that their formula for ranking teams outside of the top 25 they do nationally is flawed.
Mallard Creek is #1 until a team from NC can knock them off. Plain and simple in my opinion.
Pinecrest isn't even #1 in their conference until they can beat the Scots and we all know how well that went last time they came to Pate Stadium. Agreed Maxpreps ranking has many flaws.

They are very, very good on offense.
I guess we'll see how good their D really is when they matchup vs Richmond and Scotland. Those are their two biggest games now.
I think they'll split them. Beat Richmond and lose to Scotland.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT