ADVERTISEMENT

A P Football Poll Week of 9/30/15 4A

scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The Associated Press state high school football poll for the week of September 30, first-place votes in parentheses, records and total points as voted upon by a statewide panel of prep sports writers:

Class 4-A
1. Charlotte Mallard Creek (12) (5-1) 162 1
2. Wake Forest (4) (5-0) 149 2
3. Scotland (6-0) 132 3
4. Matthews Butler (5-1) 108 5
5. Charlotte Catholic (1) (4-0) 90 6
6. Pinecrest (6-0) 83 7
7. East Forsyth (6-0) 57 10
8. Charlotte Vance (4-1) 55 8
9. Greensboro Dudley (5-1) 46 4
10. Apex Middle Creek (6-0) 14 NR
Others receiving 10 or more points: Kannapolis Brown (5-0) 10, Richmond Senior (5-1) 10, Greensboro Page (5-1) 10.

Dudley #9 Richmond #11 - Rich 1 loss to#4 Butler, Dudley 1 loss to Richmond
3 SEC teams top 11

I don't know what world someone would have to live in this week to have Dudley ranked higher than Richmond. Seriously, people?

I'm also curious as to why some of the Eastern writers continue to give an inordinate number of 1st place votes to Eastern teams year after year. I guess they don't watch the title games every season?

And who voted Catholic #1?

WF had 3 first votes last week and Scotland 1.
This week WF 4 and Scotland 0
Both teams have played P Creek , WF 48-20 at home
Scot 49- 13 at PC
CC been getting 1 vote.
The Creek getting the big majority

I agree with everything you've said in this thread...these numbers don't make much sense at all.

I even get that most media members across the state who vote in this poll watch and write about their teams...and their teams only. But that still doesn't explain the (likely) Charlotte writer who voted Catholic #1. Or maybe it wasn't a Charlotte writer at all...that would actually explain it a little better.

The fact that Dudley is ahead of Richmond after losing to them Voids this poll In my opinion. This is what I think the Top 10 should look like. How should the poll look to everyone else?

1 Mallard Creek
2 Butler
3 Wake Forest
4 Scotland
5 East Forsyth
6 Richmond
7 Vance
8 Pinecrest
9 AL Brown
10 Dudley

Reactions: ForsythFootball
I think Catholic deserves to be in any 4A top ten and most expect them to go into the playoffs undefeated. Solid team with a couple of good wins that went to the small 4A title game the last two years.

I think Catholic deserves to be in any 4A top ten and most expect them to go into the playoffs undefeated. Solid team with a couple of good wins that went to the small 4A title game the last two years.
they didnt make it two years in a row just last year they didnt make it in 2013

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT