Mayberry - RFD,NC

Today's 1A Championship
3:30 pm
Lincoln Charter vs. Wilson Prep
TV Greensboro
WMYV - My48
And the following TV stations.

Last edited:
I was able to catch the Murphy girls and Lincoln Charter boys yesterday. The Murphy girls looked like a well-oiled machine. Very dominant from start to finish. I will say that there were probably a good 10 teams from the West that would have beaten the Princeton team, but NO one could have beaten Murphy. They made the game look really, really easy on both ends of the court. And they could have won by as many as they wanted but looked like a lot of bench players played most of the 4th quarter. Good job
On the boy's side, I saw an assault game. The refs, who were probably the worst refs I've seen in any game all year (not sure how they were chosen to call a state game), took over and did not allow any kind of flow to the game. Last I checked with 2:00 to go and the game still anyone, there were a total of 46 fouls called 3 technicals and 52 FT's shot combined. What? Lincoln Charter was in control of the game the entire game and it seemed the refs got together and said let's change the game. And that is exactly what happened. I honestly think they should take the charge/block out of HS basketball NO, and I mean NO ref knows how to call it or call it consistently. I saw a team that was desperate and actually hand-checked, got away with it, and used it to their advantage. But WP had height and it seemed to bother LCS a little. But that game was not decided by the kids on the court and NCHSAA should be ashamed those refs were allowed to call such a terrible game. The final foul count: 57 FT's shot (embarrassing ridiculous in a state game), 51 total fouls called (embarrassing ridiculous in a state game). But overall, both teams played hard, coached hard, and unfortunately had to endure the worst called high school game I've witnessed in a long time. Congrats to both Murphy and Wilson Prep and congrats to Princeton and Lincoln Charter on successful years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT