ADVERTISEMENT

(9) Vance @ (8) Mooresville

CanyonCowboys81

Aug 28, 2011
Probably the best first round matchup around. Mooresville and Vance both coming off tough losses. should be a very interesting matchup.

Look for Mooresville to pound away with the running game, or at least try to. Establishing the run would keep the Vance offense on the sidelines and, pressure off the Blue Devil defense. Apart from the excessive defensive fouls last Friday night, Mooresville had their own problems stopping Lake Norman for much of the game. It was obvious. Word is, that some schematical changes were implemented, including personel. Nothing seemed to work too well though. Hopefully we'll get some people back for the play-offs and we wont see any LB's trying to play Corner.......but you gotta do what you gotta do. This coaching staff has been outstanding at every level of preparation and game management since Hal Capps arrived. We could'nt get any better there.

For those of you who might be penciling in Mooresville, you had better take a closer look at their opponent. Vance is no stranger to big time football. Their only losses this season have been @ Richmond Co., @ Mallard Creek, and Hough.....all battle tested 4AA contenders. They went down to Rock Hill and knocked off South Pointe too. They're big up front and deadly fast at the skill positions, and it's my opinon that they have a team that can take down anybody in this bracket. QB Omar Baker has the ability to take a game over. HC Aaron Brand has done well this season and has the horses.

Nobody up this way is all giddy over the 4A shake up that went down this week. Nobody looking ahead to Ragsdale, or Rocky River, or Catholic, or whoever. We will have our own problems with one of the best 4A squads in the state that nobody is talking about. The Vance Cougars.

This is going to be a very difficult first round game for each team. Shore up the secondary for Mooresville and the defense is nasty good. I don't think Vance's QB is a Ladowski, but who is.

Think the game comes down to Vance being able to shut down Rankin and Bullock and that good Oline and Morresville getting the type of pressure they normally get from the front 4 on Baker. Baker is very good but will make bad decisions when pressed.

I also think Mville has a huge special teams advantage and one of the best home field advantges out there.

I like Mooresville in this one. Probably close. Vance has not been mentally the same since the MC game.

Been a long time since i heard someone say we had a big advantage in special teams... Thats somethibg thats usually a weakness for us. The one thing that really concerns me with vance is overall speed.... It is far and away the best collection of speed and size (together) that weve probably seen all yr. i could see us running the ball 40-45+ times easily in this one

(I was thinking as i typed, Hough has some burners on their squad too... But we stayed away from having to test them on the defensive side)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT