ADVERTISEMENT

1A #8 Murphy at #2 cherokee girls

BravesGWY

Jan 5, 2015
different worlds collide as Murphy size is almost unstoppable compared to Cherokees speed and shooting ... Gonna be a fun one. What you guys think

Cherokee by 10 to 15

I call BS!!
That's called sandbagging!!

My contacts from Murphy are feeling REAL confident. Says their size will kill us!
So confident they wanted to bet a steak dinner on it!

Away from the game; what's up with the boys/girls teams and a trip to play in some basketball tourney in South Carolina?? All over the news down this way

Just to let this rest it was a disgruntled parent whose son got kicked off the team who is the source of a story that was 90 percent false.. Now back to the action I think it will very close game with cherokee winning

I'm just asking....it was on a tv station in High point nc ......my apologizes if offended

I call BS!!
That's called sandbagging!!

My contacts from Murphy are feeling REAL confident. Says their size will kill us!
So confident they wanted to bet a steak dinner on it!
Not sandbagging, just don't think Murphy matches up real well with Cherokee. If the girls play like they're capable of it could be somewhat closer, but if they play like they did against Andrews it will be worse.

Not sandbagging, just don't think Murphy matches up real well with Cherokee. If the girls play like they're capable of it could be somewhat closer, but if they play like they did against Andrews it will be worse.
I didn't think Murphy played bad. I keep hearing that but could someone tell me what looked bad

From what I've seen of Andrews, they have a serious Jekyll/Hyde situation going on, so I don't think Murphy would have had to have played badly for Andrews to give them a game if Andrews was playing well.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
From what I've seen of Andrews, they have a serious Jekyll/Hyde situation going on, so I don't think Murphy would have had to have played badly for Andrews to give them a game if Andrews was playing well.
You got that right. Don't know what team will show up or play 3 quarters instead of 4 and then sometimes just don't show up at all. We go to Robbinsville tomorrow and we have never played good there. No disrespect to my Murphy friends but I thought we just played good. I feel like our zone took them out of their game and we pressed just enough to keep them out of any flow. The officials called it tight but they called consistent and for both sides, as long as it is both ways i'm fine. Both teams had some key players in foul trouble and had to play cautiously. Murphy has great size and moves the ball well but I heard it was the first game the starters had to play the whole game. They looked a little winded. I think the current standings will be the finishing order but I think Cherokee will be on top

Last edited:
We split with Franklin. Franklin play tight with pisgah. We got hammered by Pisgah. And we lost to Hayesville but split with swain. Basketball isn't as predictable as football that's for sure.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Cherokee was up 16 at the half but Murphys big girls took over the 3rd qtr to make it a ball game. should be a fun rematch next week

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT