ADVERTISEMENT

71st at Richmond

71st slips back to .500 overall and .250 in the SAC. Not going to be pretty.

Hopefully Richmond will go west come playoff time so they can get some competition. If they go East, punch their ticket to the finals.

Hopefully Richmond will go west come playoff time so they can get some competition. If they go East, punch their ticket to the finals.
I wouldn't say that and I have seen every game for years. People act like Wake Forest has fallen off the earth but they haven't. They are still a good team that can beat a lot of teams on the east or west. The east side of the bracket is a lot easier though.

I wouldn't say that and I have seen every game for years. People act like Wake Forest has fallen off the earth but they haven't. They are still a good team that can beat a lot of teams on the east or west. The east side of the bracket is a lot easier though.
I understand what you’re saying but my gosh, if Richmond were to go west and have WF win the East, then the finals will be ugly. Richmond, Mallard Creek and Myers Park are on a tier by themselves. Vance is a step or two below them. No one in the East comes close to any of those three.

I watched WRH play Friday night and I’m shocked how close they played to WF. They scored 1 td on Clinton and that was a long run. They had virtually. No ability to pass the ball at all . I can’t see WF as even being close to what they’ve been in past few years. It was early but a loss to CG and Rich slaughtered them, I’m not counting the 2 late scores CG got

Richmond wins the state. I will only change my mind if I see a chink in their armor in 2 weeks (not betting on that but definitely could happen). The variations of plays by their offense is too much to ask a D to keep them in check for 4 quarters. Unless they pull a fiasco with turnovers and penalties of which they are prone to do I just think they will get it done. I hope I'm wrong and I think Creek is the only Krypton out there to stop them. Anything can and usually does happen but they are playing good enough D to get critical stops when needed!

If Richmond continues to play like they have been playing, they would win the east. If they go west, then, that would be your championship game. The game next week would go to the western winner... that too could be Richmond. Its gonna be some good teams and games the last couple of weeks. GO RAIDERS ...

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
Richmond wins the state. I will only change my mind if I see a chink in their armor in 2 weeks (not betting on that but definitely could happen). The variations of plays by their offense is too much to ask a D to keep them in check for 4 quarters. Unless they pull a fiasco with turnovers and penalties of which they are prone to do I just think they will get it done. I hope I'm wrong and I think Creek is the only Krypton out there to stop them. Anything can and usually does happen but they are playing good enough D to get critical stops when needed!
I don’t believe it’ll come in to play until the playoffs and then more so if they go west. The main question for Richmond is how well can they defend the vertical game. This would come into play if they meet Myers Park or Mallard Creek. As opposed to the previous couple of years the Creek has a strong vertical passing game with Noller at QB. Of course most are familiar with Myers Park.

I respect your opinion. You think there that good upfront?

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
I respect your opinion. You think there that good upfront?
They are good enough from what i have seen. Now i will admit they got handled by hoke the first half. Hoke has a really good 210 lb back. He is the best in the conference. They are not small like they have been in the past and they make good adjustments. I know its hard to gage because they have mowed over everyone but i think they are good on d not great. Im not sure they can be held under 28 points. If any can do it its the Creek.

Agreed. The East will be easier, but no shoe in for us. We have to earn it. If we play focused I like our chances either way. It's really about timing and who is playing the best football with the top three.

I actually hope you are right:) Penalties are one thing we have to clean up a bit. They can cost you in tight games. I do like our O and I think it comes down to our D when it comes to the Creek, Myers Park, or Vance. It is much better and they show some signs of being very good at times. RC has made some very good adjustments in the second half of a couple of games. Our challenge will be 4 quarters of solid football as crunch time is around the corner. I am hoping we can play these last two games solid and Scotland is always tough.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
We may not get to play the subs many more game and you are right Raider 7967, the starters will probably have to play 4 mistake free quarters. I think they can. This is a very good team..GO RAIDERS...

Not much information on this game...what will the Falcons bring this year? You still have to play the games. Take no one for granted, these games can get sloppy and anything can happen... lol. GO RAIDERS...

Not much information on this game...what will the Falcons bring this year? You still have to play the games. Take no one for granted, these games can get sloppy and anything can happen... lol. GO RAIDERS...
Your sloppy game will be next week. We are going to milk the clock and play keep away and see if you all will self implode!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT