ADVERTISEMENT

7 Davie County at 2 East Forsyth

Nope!! I do hate playing teams twice when you've beaten them especially.

Trying to get 14-18yr olds attention to a team they've already beaten is sometimes more difficult than the game itself.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
Nope!! I do hate playing teams twice when you've beaten them especially.

Trying to get 14-18yr olds attention to a team they've already beaten is sometimes more difficult than the game itself.

Yup...its why the 2nd round always has a ton of upsets.

Reactions: Veejay4
East wins this one easy , there more focused then ever right now ... they want the feeling of last year

Not sure about easy but we're getting a couple kids back we didn't have the first time we played.

DC has nothing to lose so we'll get everything including the kitchen sink I'm sure.

Last edited:
The big question is can the Eagles defensive get it going cause coach Willert and the Eagles running game has seem to get stronger since Marshall went down as crazy as that sounds! 2 high powered offensive units going at it. Which ever defense can get a stop or 2 wins!

The big question is can the Eagles defensive get it going cause coach Willert and the Eagles running game has seem to get stronger since Marshall went down as crazy as that sounds! 2 high powered offensive units going at it. Which ever defense can get a stop or 2 wins!

We were hampered against DC a couple weeks ago without a couple kids. We get those kids back going into the "Show".

DC didn't do a lot that bothered us last game. If we execute and be physical along with some energy we'll be fine I believe.

I would be more concerned had we had all on hands on deck and struggled. Carney would be a handful for most teams so we need to go up a couple scores and hopefully keep them off schedule on down and distance hopefully forcing them into some things they don't want to do.

No upset, I like East but expect a shootout... Davie is scoring like crazy, especially the last 3 games against really good teams. They have great skilled offensive players in Carney, Hampton, Reynolds, Hudson, Maddox, Lylerly & Robinson.

I also believe the Jr. QB(Hampton) for Davie is going to play D-1. Nice Size, Arm Stength and he can move. We all know Soph. Carney is going to Wake Forest. This is the team to beat in the CPC next year; if they get that defense right.

It’s a good time for East to get challenged on defense and fix some things with an outstanding performance against that offense, Opportunity for a defensive statement for a deep State Title run. I wanna see the old East Defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: MooresvilleDevil06
No upset, I like East but expect a shootout... Davie is scoring like crazy, especially the last 3 games against really good teams. They have great skilled offensive players in Carney, Hampton, Reynolds, Hudson, Maddox, Lylerly & Robinson.

I also believe the Jr. QB(Hampton) for Davie is going to play D-1. Nice Size, Arm Stength and he can move. We all know Soph. Carney is going to Wake Forest. This is the team to beat in the CPC next year; if they get that defense right.

It’s a good time for East to get challenged on defense and fix some things with an outstanding performance against that offense, Opportunity for a defensive statement for a deep State Title run. I wanna see the old East Defense.

The favorite next year but EF has entire offense sans Marshall plus soon to be 5 star Crowell back. This dude. LOL.

Reactions: Wildcats9900
It's time for East defense to play like old East defense? 1 they haven't looked dominate because of a sickening amount of serious injuries. If West or Reagan or even Davie and Glenn had the amount of injuries East Forsyth has their seasons would be over. Image taking #1 and pick anyone else from West done for they year. How to they handle thay?. Imagine taking 21 and 1 from Reagan, imagine taking 2 and 22 from Davie. Those teams seasons would be over! Yet East loses their best 2 D1 players and if that wasn't bad enough a boat load of starters and role players on both sides of the ball and they got better the last few weeks and are poised some could save favorite to make a run in small 4a.

Shows how great their coaching staff has done at coaching up and building depth. I think if East wins this one they will be tough to beat the rest of the way. Good luck to both squads. But, if East can some how win the state Championship or even get there with these injuries their staff should be coaches of the year! Anyways, lots of football left to play. Goodluck.

It's time for East defense to play like old East defense? 1 they haven't looked dominate because of a sickening amount of serious injuries. If West or Reagan or even Davie and Glenn had the amount of injuries East Forsyth has their seasons would be over. Image taking #1 and pick anyone else from West done for they year. How to they handle thay?. Imagine taking 21 and 1 from Reagan, imagine taking 2 and 22 from Davie. Those teams seasons would be over! Yet East loses their best 2 D1 players and if that wasn't bad enough a boat load of starters and role players on both sides of the ball and they got better the last few weeks and are poised some could save favorite to make a run in small 4a.

Shows how great their coaching staff has done at coaching up and building depth. I think if East wins this one they will be tough to beat the rest of the way. Good luck to both squads. But, if East can some how win the state Championship or even get there with these injuries their staff should be coaches of the year! Anyways, lots of football left to play. Goodluck.

Didn't think about it this way but true. It's amazing we have a shot and I believe that's such reason for optimism going into the "Show".

If we continue to play by far our stiffest test will be Grimsley who is more than tired of losing to us. Wouldn't mind them getting bumped along the way to Regional Final.

Reactions: Wildcats9900
I agree, Davie offense is exceptional. If they just had an average D they could go a long way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT