ADVERTISEMENT

7:30pm #1 Stripes Wilmington vs #2 Stars Fuquay-Varina

Post 116 has tied this game up at 3-3 on 4 straight hits to begin the third inning. Still no outs and a runner on first base

Another wild pitch allows
Post 10
to score. It's now 12-4 Post 10 in the bottom of the 5th. The Fuquay-Varina catcher has had a really rough night. Not sure I've seen more wild pitches/passed balls all spring/summer

Reactions: Lincolnton
Don, wondered if you recall the 2007 state tournament in Garner. A crazy hot week with temperatures over a hundred every day and no rain. Rowan was well ahead of Cherryville pretty late in the game and Rowan's pitcher began throwing what was almost wild pitches and let Post 100 come back. We were asking you on these boards what happened and you thought it might have been the heat which was bad enough to effect anyone. I think Rowan said it was just a matter of control.

Don, wondered if you recall the 2007 state tournament in Garner. A crazy hot week with temperatures over a hundred every day and no rain. Rowan was well ahead of Cherryville pretty late in the game and Rowan's pitcher began throwing what was almost wild pitches and let Post 100 come back. We were asking you on these boards what happened and you thought it might have been the heat which was bad enough to effect anyone. I think Rowan said it was just a matter of control.
Most definitely it was hot that weekend. 106 degrees and not much shade off the 3rd base side. There was a tree. Many people huddled up under that one tree!
As far as the pitcher I'd say the heat got to him!

Reactions: Lincolnton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT