ADVERTISEMENT

#6 Swain (11-2) @ #2 Mitchell (11-1)

I expect another close one. Key for Mitchell will be controlling line of scrimmage

Mitchell is the real deal this year, unfortunately their playing in 1AA instead of the small 1A like in years past. Still my only question is how they lost to Heritage? Mitchell breaks the SMC post season plague that's killed them two years in a row.

Mitchell - 35
Swain - 7

Mitchell is the real deal this year, unfortunately their playing in 1AA instead of the small 1A like in years past. Still my only question is how they lost to Heritage? Mitchell breaks the SMC post season plague that's killed them two years in a row.

Mitchell - 35
Swain - 7

They got their arses whipped on the line of scrimmage

Mitchell - 35
Swain - 7

What deerhunter said and just like the year before, they didn’t let #7 and #10 beat them. I would imagine if you looked at the stats for those two the past two years it would be pretty clear that neither had big games against MH compared to the rest of their games.

Mitchell - 35
Swain - 7
I agree on the heritage comment ... how ? We played Heritage close the whole game but played Mitchell 2 times and were completely shut down in both games. Mitchell was the best team I saw all year hands down

I agree on the heritage comment ... how ? We played Heritage close the whole game but played Mitchell 2 times and were completely shut down in both games. Mitchell was the best team I saw all year hands down

Here’s how:
Mitchell Total Offense Per Game 2019 from MP
Erwin 361yds
Cannon 471yds
Trinity 337yds
McDowell 564yds
Franklin 473yds
East Hendo. 454yds
Owen 528yds
Mtn Heritage 170yds
Madison 308yds
Polk 284yds
Avery 470yds
Polk 347yds

Here’s how:
Mitchell Total Offense Per Game 2019 from MP
Erwin 361yds
Cannon 471yds
Trinity 337yds
McDowell 564yds
Franklin 473yds
East Hendo. 454yds
Owen 528yds
Mtn Heritage 170yds
Madison 308yds
Polk 284yds
Avery 470yds
Polk 347yds

Mountain Heritage had 336 total yards of offense against Mitchell.

It happens. But Mitchell is playing their best ball night now, so hopefully it continues.
And that’s what matters !!! It was a single loss and as a team I believe that the Mitchell staff and players did not let that define the season nor should they ... now go win another game . That’s what matters still playing football while most other teams are sitting at home WATCHING :)

You played heritage team down 3 good players and still lost.

Rocketman you’re a sensitive fellow. The reason heritage beat Mitchell... toughness. Swains line looks a lot like heritage. Stopping old school veer will be like stopping heritage, cause heritage is pretty much running power and option stuff out of the gun. This worries me more than if we were playing mic. Hopefully we are tough enough. The last three loses to the smc has been our lines inability to control the line of scrimmage. I’m not complaining our teams been unbelievable the past 5 years, hopefully we play like we did at East Wilkes in 15. It’ll take that kind of effort.

Swain is strong upfront, they have very good defense. If that sain kid plays they have good shot winning. For mitchell to win someone besides Noah will need big game. I feel like mitchell will win friday.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Rocketman you’re a sensitive fellow. The reason heritage beat Mitchell... toughness. Swains line looks a lot like heritage. Stopping old school veer will be like stopping heritage, cause heritage is pretty much running power and option stuff out of the gun. This worries me more than if we were playing mic. Hopefully we are tough enough. The last three loses to the smc has been our lines inability to control the line of scrimmage. I’m not complaining our teams been unbelievable the past 5 years, hopefully we play like we did at East Wilkes in 15. It’ll take that kind of effort.

I agree except I might use aggressiveness more then toughness. Mitchell D like on the long drive that Polk had that led to the missed field goal like all night in the Mtn Heritage game ran a D that basically setting back and letting the play come to them, they may make the tackle but by then the runner as gained 5 yards or better. Then like in the first Polk game they started shooting the LB's or a corner bliz taking some chances and getting the runner in the backfield or the line scrimmage then trusting the secondary to cover if they do pass ,a more aggressive attacking D, they need to that from the beginning with Swain.

I agree except I might use aggressiveness more then toughness. Mitchell D like on the long drive that Polk had that led to the missed field goal like all night in the Mtn Heritage game ran a D that basically setting back and letting the play come to them, they may make the tackle but by then the runner as gained 5 yards or better. Then like in the first Polk game they started shooting the LB's or a corner bliz taking some chances and getting the runner in the backfield or the line scrimmage then trusting the secondary to cover if they do pass ,a more aggressive attacking D, they need to that from the beginning with Swain.
That sounds good but good coach will make adjustments for the bliz. Look at heritage defense we only bliz when we know its passing situation. Biggest problem I saw with mitchell defense they didn't fight off blocks,

That sounds good but good coach will make adjustments for the bliz. Look at heritage defense we only bliz when we know its passing situation. Biggest problem I saw with mitchell defense they didn't fight off blocks,

It's not just blizing, plus I'm thinking more of a run blit then a pass blitz. It seemed to me another difference in the heritage game MH linebackers played up kept Pittman from getting in the open pass line scrimmage , while Mitchell's played back, MH attacked while it seemed Mitchell let the play come to them. Against Polk they mixed it more went more on the attack more aggressive defensive calls.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I think Mitchell wins this one big. Swain is solid but they aren't even close to Mitchell. I'm not sold on any SMC team at this point other than probably Robbinsville and not 100% sold on them.

ACT has Mitchell by 7.
Only one person I have seen on NC Preps has Swain winning this game (not counting me)

So yeah - I would say we are the underdog....

It’s going to be a slug fest!!

Us Mitchell guys that have seen swain over the years know we are the underdogs. Until we beat smc when it matters we’re the underdog. Just like when we play heritage.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
The most reliable Simmons Ratings will probably have Mitchell by at least 24...so yes Swain is the underdog.

If the boys in green weren’t playing, I would be watching this one. Should be a fun one. I think Mitchell wins by 2 or 3 scores.

I'm pulling for MICdonald's. We meet, yo lambo be iced over in Ledger .

dude he’s a troll and should be banned. Someone does this to MIC every year and this is the type of person Deanna posted about. Hope she rips his bleep. No sense of someone with such a pathetic life obviously to do this

Calpreps projects 28-19 Mitchell. Massey Ratings projects 28-6 Mitchell.
LoL I was going to post the massy ratings cause I was looking at them. Last week in our game against Mitchell they were almost spot on with the score. What I did find was the Robbinsville/Murphy score was a 1 point game. Bet that will be a slobber knocker if a game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT