ADVERTISEMENT

#6 Swain (11-2) @ #2 Mitchell (11-1)

Mitchell county mountie

Aug 27, 2015
The last time these two met was in 2011... in the 3rd round... at Mitchell... both had 11 wins... sound familiar? Both teams have stout defense. Can Mitchell stop the patented Swain Veer? Can Swain stop the wing thru the air and on the ground? Will it come down to special teams?

Sain still hasn't played since the Murphy game, if he doesn't play or isn't close to 100% by next Friday (which with that much time out I can't see him being) then Swain is really going to be behind the 8 ball in this one.

Well as we all know Mitchell has a well let's just say a history with SMC teams in the 3rd and 4th round of the playoffs that is not stellar. Could this be the year to break that? Both teams will bring a big line and talented skill players to the game.
Hopefully both teams will enter the game healthy and ready to go. I know both have some nagging injuries, maybe those young men will ready by Friday.
Congrats to both teams, always an accomplishment to be practicing on Thanksgiving. Win or lose I am sure both sets of fans are proud of the way each program handles themselves and how the kids respect the game.

With that,

Go Mountaineers

The only game we lost that on paper we really should’ve won is the 4th rd at home to Cherokee, I think our guys will be ready. It’ll be a lot like playing heritage. If we stop the run we advance. If they play keep away all night we’re in trouble.

Last edited:
7 he’s a tough kid. We need him to have any chance
Looked like he hurt it on the QB sneak and someone feel on his leg so hopefully it like a bruise or something and not a sprain, hopefully it didn't swell up on him this morning. He's limp wasn't terrible and didn't look like real bad pain on the sideline so maybe not having him run in the second half was more precautionary then ability. I'm sure we'll hear from someone this coming week on his health.

Hope 7 is ok that dudes a beast for sure and truly hope y’all are at 100% come next Friday night. Speaking of ankles we have a couple kids with ankles the size of tennis balls this morning

Hope they get better soon. When you look at swain on film their line matches ours in size.

I hope you all win, so either Mitchell or Swain will get to take you out behind the woodshed. MIC will not be able to stop Mitchell’s boring offense and before you know it they will lulled to a 21 to 0 deficit.

Reactions: Mopar forever
Obviously you haven’t watched film on Mitchell, but this discussion is mute, cause MIC gonna get their arse handed to them next week.

Reactions: Mhsneer
They gotta get past Mitchell and East Surry before even thinking about Tarboro that’s a rough mountain to climb.
It's all about match ups, Tarboro will run it down the cards throat just like they did last year. The state ship won't be a track meet or a 7 on 7.

It's all about match ups, Tarboro will run it down the cards throat just like they did last year. The state ship won't be a track meet or a 7 on 7.
Maybe so but no team in 1A is moving the ball on the ground against a Tarboro defense. Only chance anyone has is to outscored them through the air and hope you get a stop or turnover.

Maybe so but no team in 1A is moving the ball on the ground against a Tarboro defense. Only chance anyone has is to outscored them through the air and hope you get a stop or turnover.
How did that air raid work out for you last year? You do know the definition of stupid don't you, "doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results."

How did that air raid work out for you last year? You do know the definition of stupid don't you, "doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results."
Didn’t move the ball on the ground and last season the cardinals had a very even attack far from air raid.

Even with Sain I'm not sure Swain would have a chance..He's probably lost all of his conditioning and is out of football shape..Kid has a lot of heart though.
Mitchell by 20

I’m glad this game is at home, but I was glad Cherokee and Murphy the past two years was at home. And that didn’t work out too well. I don’t see Swain as last years Murphy or two years ago Cherokee so I like our chances at home. I’m not sure of a score but I see this game close. Mitchell by 10.

Reactions: The Servant
You got something better than mountain football...eastern bbq...lol
You are right,best BBQ in East or West. But mountain football is special too. I've seen Mitchell,Swain and Murphy play in Whiteville 3 years ago. Hard nose football all 3 rounds that year.

Swain did not play well in that game but played well enough on defense to pull out the win. Too many turnovers and penalties. Swain this year can’t overcome that many mistakes. Team with the least amount of mistakes wins this Friday. Mountain ball at its best Friday night! Got to love it!!

Should have won that ball game too. That was the state championship in 2011 because there wasn’t another close game for swain for the rest of the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT