ADVERTISEMENT

#6 Murphy (12-2) at #1 Mount Airy (13-0)

Who wins?

• Murphy

Votes: 54 55.7%
  • Mount Airy

Votes: 43 44.3%

• Total voters
Big stop by Mt Airy holding Murphy inside the 10, that and the fumble that Mt Airy returned for a TD may end up the difference in the game.

Lol...wait until you see tarboro. It will make everyone sit back and think. How good was our team?

They have had D until they seen each other. MA has big play capability though and can score with the best of them. MA speed is absolutely crippling Murphy. Big play after Big play for scores!! I know i talk junk...but I told ya so on this one. Cant tackle what you cant catch. Murphy is def patient and legit..and methodical on offense.

Ballgame, congrats Mt Airy, great win. Mt Airy duo of Smith and Greene just too much for Murphy. 'Dogs had their chances but Mt Airy just made more plays when they needed to. Good luck next week.

This was the Final Word of this who will win thread.
DQAq9uSUMAATMEb.jpg

Great game, we all enjoy talking smack to each other etc. But let me be honest here, i set on the dawgs side tonight, always fun to get other peoples perspective on the game. I cant say enuff about the class, knowledge, and passion about the game and team. Last week in murphy had the pleasure of meet mbdfan and talk football during the game, great conversation and football knowledge , really enjoyed. You guys just like us in the granite city are what makes small town football something special. I have enjoyed jawing with yall this week. The game tonight was won on the line, # 6 was a STUD, #2 made great decisions all night and 21 was 21. Lots of pressure on the kid , scouts from far and wide there. Felt like the bears were the more physical team , defense stepped up BIG. Tarboro next, annnnnnd of coarse i like the bears in this one :)

Murphy that 1AA really got you ready to shoot bank shots. Mountain ballers the heavy ankles caught up with tonight.
Murphy's team speed was fine, just didn't have the individual speed to match up with Greene and Smith, those are two D1 caliber athletes, so no shame.

That was a weak point of this Murphy team IMO. 'Dogs had solid team speed but no true burners like the recent past of Ian Reese, DeVantae Sudderth, Seth Curtis, Ty Wiley, Deion Johnson, etc. to be able to match up with elite speed.

Last edited:
Mount Airy is now up 3 wins to 2 wins in playoff games. But does anyone know how Mount Airy stands against the SMC over all wins & loses

Lol..looks like Griddie jumped ship over to Congrat Cherokee and to leave you real Murphy fans alone to enjoy the Crow Souffle by yourselves. It figures!! LOL.!!

Reactions: sbbbfan
Mount Airy is now up 3 wins to 2 wins in playoff games. But does anyone know how Mount Airy stands against the SMC over all wins & loses
Yes, Of course I do. Mt. Airy is 6-5 against the SMC, and all games they met in the playoffs. Current Coach Kelly Holder is 5-3 against the SMC

Cherokee: 1-0 (2008)
Hayesville : 0-1 (1993)
Murphy: 3-2 (1996-L, 1997-W, 2005-L, 2006-W, 2017-W)
Robbinsville: 1-0 (2009)
Swain Co.: 1-2 (2003 -L, 2007-W, 2014-L)

Last edited:
I hope to see everyone from the west really get behind Cherokee & Mount Airy for next weeks state championship games in Raleigh. I am sure everyone in the east will be pulling big time on here for Tarboro & North Duplin.
Go BRAVES & Go BEARS ! ! Bring 2 State Championships back to the west Saturday, 1a & 1AA .

Congrats to the Bears! Very good team and good sportsmanship all night. Many times seen them helping Murphy players up and patting them after a play. Murphy tried its dangdest to keep itself in position to have a chance, but the Bears made plays all night long to keep it just out of reach. Good luck to you guys next week. Proud of the Dogs for fighting all the way to the end. Great season, just came up short. Anyone else think a Mt Airy/Murphy regular season series would be a good idea? I personally would like to see it.

Congrats to the Bears! Very good team and good sportsmanship all night. Many times seen them helping Murphy players up and patting them after a play. Murphy tried its dangdest to keep itself in position to have a chance, but the Bears made plays all night long to keep it just out of reach. Good luck to you guys next week. Proud of the Dogs for fighting all the way to the end. Great season, just came up short. Anyone else think a Mt Airy/Murphy regular season series would be a good idea? I personally would like to see it.
At hope posting the scores and listening to 2 games on the radio and keeping up with the other scores and Murphy had me setting on the edge of my seat every time they made a drive.Man I was all nerverd up.Murphy will do well in 1AA football ! Hope all made it back home safe last night or this morning if any stay overs. SMC is always tough ..I just hope Mount Airy can surprise Tarboro Saturday .

I think the series would be awesome idea, class act and a whole lotta tradition coming from murphy , love the fan base and what they do as a program year in and year out. Same with the Bears , both programs tradition enriched and both coached up . Always pretty good talent as well . Where would game be played , hickory area??

Bears gave seen a whole lotta wing t thru playoffs , everybody has anoited tarboro the state championship, but im telling you , the bears can score on there defense and the coaching staff and defense are very familiar with offense vikings run , just saying. Seeing polk county in the second round was critical for tge bears success last night. Hows 6 for the bears compare to 20 from north stanley? Kids just a sophmore, all skill players are back for bears next year except for qb

I would also like to also comment on the sportsmanship of both teams last night. First class by both. Those kids just played their behinds off and went at it all night. No mouthing, just playing hard and physical football. With so much on the line, nothing but respect to those young men.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT