ADVERTISEMENT

#6 Murphy (12-2) at #1 Mount Airy (13-0)

Who wins?

• Murphy

Votes: 54 55.7%
  • Mount Airy

Votes: 43 44.3%

• Total voters
Love reading all the passion behind all the posts on this thread and what I feel makes 1A small school football so different than at the other levels. Football numbers are dwindling at all levels and has obviously affected 1A more than any other level but Murphy and Mt Airy are 2 communities that get it. Kids grow up feeling that it is their civic duty to play football in these two communities if they are able bodied regardless of other sports. They get this feeling because of tradition and success which not many other communities have and it is hard to compete with year round baseball and basketball when you don't have it. I congratulate both communities on your passion for the game during a time when most mommies would rather their little darlings play soccer, fall baseball or basketball than football. I expect a real dog/bear fight on the field tomorrow night. May the best team win but sadly there are not a lot of communities in 1A football left that have the quality and passion for the game like Murphy and Mt Airy. I hope both keep it going.

Doug, I was joking with you. Mount Airy is fortunate to have someone that puts forth that effort. I would wager the majority of high schools are as lucky to have someone like you. So again, great job, and the Granite Bears players and program is lucky to have you.

Safe travels to all players, coaches and fans today on your trip to Mount Airy (Mayberry welcomes you).

Been doing well. Can’t complain. Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it tomorrow. I had hoped to but things didn’t line up for me. I’ll definitely be listening on the radio though. Should be a good game. Hard one to call. What do you think about it?

I'm afraid all of my info about MA comes second hand but from people I trust to know what they are talking about. MA is good enough to win...as I'm sure Murphy is. How's that for deep enlightenment!? I'm gonna be headed out of town this afternoon or I'd certainly be there. Reality is, I've seen exactly one half of Starmount football in 3 years...just not into it like I used to be. I've decided me and my uneducated opinion of what's going on in the present isn't worth sharing. 15-18 years ago it was fun....now, not so much.

I just wonder if MA playera been reading how they going to get smacked in mouth......hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....u herd saying dont feed the Bears!!!!!!

Weather looks great tonight in Mount Airy.
9:00 partly cloudy 48*
5% chance rain
winds 1 mph.

Weather looks great tonight in Mount Airy.
9:00 partly cloudy 48*
5% chance rain
winds 1 mph.
So much for the cold December football games we all love! I wonder if the hot chocolate sales have taken a hit this year. Back in the day on cold Friday nights, the concessions would run out of it.

Tick tock --- tick tock --- tick tock --- yawning --- who is murphy anyways ????

And that means what tonight , stillll yawning , havent even woke up yet,, tell me more . At least get my attention ,, tick ---- tock ---- tick --- tock

8 championships means about as much as being undefeated in the regular season tonight.

Now we talking , resting on yesterdays news is about like cashing tomorrows check, we all know how that works out. Now its time to cut the BULLS:-(&t and talk football. Lets talk about some off the match ups tonight, i like the 2 vs 21 matchup , murphys offensive line vs the bears defensive line, both squads are strong at linebacker etc , lets get it going boys and girls

8 championships means about as much as being undefeated in the regular season tonight.

Agreed but he asked who we were ? Talk is cheap actions speak louder the defending 1A Champs will see you tonight . GL to both teams

So much for the cold December football games we all love! I wonder if the hot chocolate sales have taken a hit this year. Back in the day on cold Friday nights, the concessions would run out of it.
I’m also surprised they don’t sell Hot Hands.

Still talking smack , smh ---- smh ---- tick tock tick tock , waiting on real talk about a football game , not day dreams of yester year ---- smh ---- tick tock tick tock , back to yawning

Your not worth the time all you did was run your mouth about east surry beating us last week and look where that got you

Reactions: gdawg74
Lmao --- tick tock --- tick tock ---- tick tock -- stilllllllll talking smack ,,, smh and lmao . Really yawning now!!!!!

“just wonder if MA playera been reading how they going to get smacked in mouth......hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....u herd saying dont feed the Bears!!!!!!”

I hope that’s what is what they are thinking of tonight

I think MAs secodary has a BIG GAME!!! I also think the short kicking game that the dogs have will hurt them tonight . Multiple backs for bears have big game. If the dogs secondary gets exposed early then 21 will have a MASSIVE game among a couple more . Gonna be intetesting , as ive said all week great stylistic match up

After talking to some folks in the know on these things, Murphy is every bit as athletic as Mount Airy. In fact I’ve heard Murphy has more playmakers than Mount Airy collectively. Murphy has defintley been put through the ringer this season with significantly tougher competition. That’s going to play a factor. MA won’t be a thing Murphy hasn’t seen already this season but Murphy will be something different to MA. Home filed advantage to MA. Coaching is a wash. This is going to be a tight game. Could go either way. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see a 21+ point victory from either side.

Last few games have been plenty cold. Taking me a thermos full just because I am superstitious.

WIFM of Elkin will cover it also, they usually do a great job, pre-game show starts at 7. 100.9 FM or live streaming. I’ll probably listen to it there (I pick up Elkin better than mt. airy) so I can listen to the Cherokee game on the web in my other ear. Gonna be confusing.

Long Trip for Murphy. Still expected more fans from them. I'm not impressed with Mt.Airy's home crowd either. JUMBOTRON SCOREBOARD IS AMAZING THOUGH!!!!

Long Trip for Murphy. Still expected more fans from them. I'm not impressed with Mt.Airy's home crowd either. JUMBOTRON SCOREBOARD IS AMAZING THOUGH!!!!
I forgot how small their stands are. It's like visitors stand for both sides.

SPEED KILLS ..MA 14 MURPHY 7

2 explosive plays that show Murphy cant contain MA speed!!...Lot of game left though..Dont let anyone say that speed doesn't kill!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT