ADVERTISEMENT

#6 Murphy (12-2) at #1 Mount Airy (13-0)

Who wins?

• Murphy

Votes: 54 55.7%
  • Mount Airy

Votes: 43 44.3%

• Total voters
Not having depth does not get any team this deep but to much bragging gets players hurt and only makes the other team mad. Got to be healthy to face the Eastern champ. Right ? That's all I will say because I am not bragging as you have seen. The Western Championship will be won at Mount Airy's Wally Shelton Stadium only by the best athletic team.

FNL, no you haven't been bragging, but there are 6 individual threads about mt airy. The O line, rb, wr, qb, k all have an individual thread. There is also one about mt airy tradition. That is also a form of bragging. I remember one that said "pick your poison" but was edited shortly after. Im not being negative about it, just saying each fan is different in expressing their loyalty towards their team. Its all in fun. Im ready for Friday!

Reactions: NC nole fan
Nope never smoked Nole. Kind of same type of bragadocious smc team came to Starmount in the 4th round same adlibs that you guys are using now..how Starmount hadnt been hit and hadnt played anyone and they proceeded to beat Swain in the 4th rd by 40..like they werent even on the field. Just facts dude..maybe you were smokin and failed to remember it.

Reactions: sbbbfan
LOL...Swain beating Mt.Airy yeah right..Go sniff more glue. Btw.. I saw Franklin turtles i mean Panthers get destroyed at Hibriten last week. Not really impressed by either team that beat Murphy.

The mighty mighty Bears are getting to the ‘86 Super Bowl Champion level as the week creeps along

I would add #40 to that category too. He’s been a beast at LB all year and has stepped right in and filled the void at FB after KJ went down, and without any drop off. He was the hero in the MICS game last year too. Hopefully #6 will be back this week. He is one of the fastest and best athletes on the team when he’s out there and he instantly upgrades the secondary and kick return unit, and he adds depth to the WRs too. This Murphy team is so loaded and deep that it’s almost unfair. Hope everyone is healthy and that they show over the next two games (hopefully) why they came into the season as the #1 1a team in the state (according to ncpreps).
#6 will not be back far as I know,
Won't see anything that we haven't already seen. Physical games played many times. If sportsmanship was played then you would only win 42-35. Why score when you were up 7 and only needed to take a knee. Lace up the pads and put on the uniforms and come on to Mayberry. We are ready for your dogs. You will see another runner like Davis Fri night.
I dought it on that
Not having depth does not get any team this deep but to much bragging gets players hurt and only makes the other team mad. Got to be healthy to face the Eastern champ. Right ? That's all I will say because I am not bragging as you have seen. The Western Championship will be won at Mount Airy's Wally Shelton Stadium only by the best athletic team.
Ah murphy

That same Swain 4th place team was mouthy as if 4th place in the SMC meant something. Starmount showed them that 4th place in the SMC was just that, 4th place.

Franklin ain't Mt.Airy either, and neither is Swain. I saw Franklin against a team their size in classification. I expected to see Franklin put up a fight since they beat Mighty Murphy. I just wasn't as impressed with them as Murphy was. Sorry.

Panties in wad. LOL. And you sound like? Call it what you will my man. I wasn't impressed with Franklin. How is that a discredit? I saw them in person. I wasn't impressed. So if that ruffles your feathers Nole haha, so be it. It's a messageboard and it's open for however you want to interpret others opinion and rhetoric. Pipe down my man. Relax. Nothing you or I say changes a thing. Just realize my man. I'm not high, I don't drink and never have and I don't discredit those that do. So you can make assumptions about me being high and drunk before i post..LOL..but it's your panties in a wad my man. I'm gettin my laugh on. If Mt.Airy wins..fine....If Murphy wins...fine at the end of the day. It's no sweat off my brow or yours. Now. Relax my dude. It's not that serious for those of us who aren't playing. Well at least to me it's not.

I guess you know everything Nole. Just cause teams beat yalls azz..they would beat Mt.Airy? You back that up with what facts? Absolutely none, dude. I respectfully and amicably disagree with some things you say. EW played great this year until injuries reared its ugly head and pretty much derailed them the last 3 games. No one can say explicitly either way what anyone could do until teams play each other. All I do is debate my man..and it's fun to argue at least it is to me. One of these days you will realize that this is fun to me...My panties will never get twisted..just make sure yours dont my man..LOL..Good luck Murphy..if you win..I will be impressed..If you don't, I wont.

Last edited:
Questioning Mt. Airy's schedule to determine their legitimacy is foolish. Much like Starmount in the 80's and 90's they have proven themselves in the playoffs too many times to question if they are a product of a weak schedule.

Reactions: Fargo2017
Outsider looking in here. How does this years Murphy team compare to last years team that beat Plymouth for the title last year?

Outsider looking in here. How does this years Murphy team compare to last years team that beat Plymouth for the title last year?

Alot of the same as that team was predominantly juniors. We lost 3 lineman a cornerback , kicker and wr off last year's team everyone else is back . The defense hasn't been as good but are improving weekly.

Reactions: 35Lead
Last year's team had a better line and played better defense. This year's team has a better offense and better skill players and starting to come around defensively.

Reactions: ESOD
What a Western championship match up. IMO the best two teams made it here ,not always the case. Everyone in NW1a knew My Airy was loaded this year and they have lived up to expectations. Murphy is the defending 1a champs who are peaking at the right time. What more could we ask for?
Hope the student athletes play up to their potential on both sides and may the best team win.
Really looking forward to Friday night I'll be there with a belly full of steak and beverage. Good luck and safe travels

West Montgomery won at home against Mount Airy last year, believe they ended the night bears season. So there you go

Reactions: gdawg74
FNL, no you haven't been bragging, but there are 6 individual threads about mt airy. The O line, rb, wr, qb, k all have an individual thread. There is also one about mt airy tradition. That is also a form of bragging. I remember one that said "pick your poison" but was edited shortly after. Im not being negative about it, just saying each fan is different in expressing their loyalty towards their team. Its all in fun. Im ready for Friday!
That was by one bear fan and he did it to brag on kids only.

Mt airy is so good Murphy probably shouldn' even play this game. Maybe Murphy could forfeit and save being embarrassed

Geez I missed a lot since yesterday it looks like. I just hope the posters of the losing team come back on here after the game Friday night to eat their crow lol. I honestly won't be shocked if either of these teams wins by a couple of touchdowns. I'm out until after the game. Safe travels to any of my fellow Murphy fans traveling to the game. Go dogs!

Reactions: gdawg74 and Mhsneer
Dougiefresh gave us the entire statistical greatness and highlight speel. He should be the recruiting coordinator. But seriously,he did a good job with it

I’m planning to be there for this game. Come by and say hi. I usually sit near the fence at the end zone on the visitor’s side in my chair.

Would love to meet any Murphy fans on here and of course any Bear fans as well.

Should be a great game!

Dougiefresh gave us the entire statistical greatness and highlight speel. He should be the recruiting coordinator. But seriously,he did a good job with it
My posts are not intended for anything, but recognition for players, coaches and my beloved school. I am the team's Historian and just deal with facts which I think need to be told.

I don't get into matchups and never intend this as an in your face. I will refrain from posting these on these boards, but will continue on my Twitter account.

Good luck to both teams.

Go Bears!

You do a great job Doug. I’m very much like you as being Starmount’s football historian. Schools should be lucky to have people like you keeping records.

DaddyDoug I know a simple thank you is not enough. But man thanks for all the work you put into this. And might I say from another state, Plus for free.
As a Bear fan I think it’s awesome to have a school historian. Your knowledge of past Bear football is greatly appreciated. By not just me, but coaches, players, fans & media.
Thanks again

My posts are not intended for anything, but recognition for players, coaches and my beloved school. I am the team's Historian and just deal with facts which I think need to be told.

I don't get into matchups and never intend this as an in your face. I will refrain from posting these on these boards, but will continue on my Twitter account.

Good luck to both teams.

Go Bears!
Thank you Daddy Doug . Some people on here just love to get a pissing match going thinking it will make their team play harder. I see no other school on here with a football Historian that has all the schools football scores back to I believe 1912 for the Bears. You do a great job ! ! Thank you for your time spent on here and the recognition for players, coaches this year and hope you make the long trip back to Mount Airy for a game sometime. I am probably done posting scores myself after the Bears last game. I can't take this at my age. Guess that is why we see the older ones not posting any more. It is a shame someone used your posting as bragging because I was trying to be nice as not to get into a back in forth that seems to never end. Thanks again for the stats on the players and sorry they made a big deal out of it . I know the Bears love your keeping their football history all these years,I know I love seeing it and will still keep up on Tweeter. That was posted to get at me more so than you ......Go BEARS ! !

Those posts were only giving recognition for players, coaches that they deserve and were not bragging. Not one said that Mount Airy was going to beat Murphy like some Murphy posts have said Mount Airy would not score a point Friday night. Is it Friday yet ? Oh ,only one more day and the BEARS love their Historian !

Those posts were only giving recognition for players, coaches that they deserve and were not bragging. Not one said that Mount Airy was going to beat Murphy like some Murphy posts have said Mount Airy would not score a point Friday night. Is it Friday yet ? Oh ,only one more day and the BEARS love their Historian !

As noted per my post, i said every fan is different in how they support their team. As far as bragging, i know better. I know this will be a very tough game in a tough enviorment. In my opinion its an even draw, but one teams season will end tomorrow night. I hope the Dogs season will continue, but if not, I will be pulling for Mt Airy in the championship game.

Never been to a Mt Airy football game. How hard is it to find a parking spot and a seat?

A lot of the times, not always. The home team parks at the school. And the visitors will park on the Hay Street side. There is an entrance on the visitor’s side
Visitors are welcome to park at the school it’s just closer on Hay st.
Hay Street Mount Airy N.C. 27030

Reactions: atucker2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT