ADVERTISEMENT

6 Mooresville at 3 Ragsdale

MooresvilleDevil06

Aug 28, 2012
Plenty of history between these two programs from years ago. But these two haven’t played since I’ve lived in Mooresville. I’m not going to pretend I know anything about Ragsdale... I haven’t got a clue. I believe our only common opponent is Page (our first round game).. and we were very sloppy. Any posters from Ragsdale on here?

Grimsley fan here. Ragsdale gave us a tough game when we were not at our best, but they have gotten better over the course of the year. They have a good QB, Hooker, whose brother starts for VaTech. Have a couple of good receivers/backs who can catch and run, especially Boykin, an NC State commit, who is also the coaches son. Decent speed on D with the ability to make plays in the run game. Lack of depth may be their biggest deficiency. Should be a good 2nd round matchup in Jamestown.

Reactions: OptionFreak
Seen Ragadale va. Tabor. Mooresville should win by double digits. They are not good against the run

If Mooresville should win by double digit , then I'm going with the Ragsdale in a upset. 3 to 0.

Saw some highlights of Ragsdale on YouTube... The Tabor game and Grimsley game. We need to be able to wrap up. We will get pressure on that qb.... If we let him break tackles he’s gonna shred us. I didn’t see a ton of size on Ragsdale but that may have been the angle it was filmed at.

if it rains Friday I’m not sure who that helps or hurts more, since we do a lot of similar things on offense. I tend to think it favors our power run game but idk. I think these two teams are pretty even to each other

So how do people feel about this game with rain in the forecast? I feel like we have a decent power run game we can lean on... but it’s no way our strength.

Good god idk what kind of officiating they have up here in Ragsdale but I now understand why they have 5 wins. Half of them were probably given to them from the officiating. An absolute embarrassment

How? This is the same team that went head to head with Vance. Not to be rude, but Ragsdale is not a good team. What happened?

How? This is the same team that went head to head with Vance. Not to be rude, but Ragsdale is not a good team. What happened?

Idk what the heck happened. It was a *crap* show from start to finish. Refs were awful but that didn’t change the outcome as poorly as we played. Our offense literally did nothing. All night. Defense scored twice, turned them over FOUR times... and we walk away with a 16 point loss to show for it. We couldn’t tackle 12. We couldn’t tackle 14. That was it. We also had our best player tossed for a second unsportsmanlike.... we probably had 25 flags... 5 or 6 being unsportsmanlikes. Ragsdale has us scouted all well Id bet they were calling our offensive plays before we were

i’d say Mooresville choked but that would be a lie. they got beat down and the score should have been worse had Ragsdale not turned the ball over 5 times. totally out played and out coached. the better team won. what a joke.

Reactions: MooresvilleDevil06
EF beats Ragsdale very very comfortably ...

If you're playing after Thanksgiving you're doing something right.

Nevermind records Scots showed everyone last year when you come together regardless of your record and believe.....things can happen.

Nothing but respect for Ragsdale and their program. Your "A Game" is required or you go home.

It's a lot of VERY good teams putting uniforms away this morning. Playoffs have no respect of teams.

Reactions: Raider7967
i’d say Mooresville choked but that would be a lie. they got beat down and the score should have been worse had Ragsdale not turned the ball over 5 times. totally out played and out coached. the better team won. what a joke.

you aren’t lying. That was the most embarrassed I’ve felt leaving a game in some time. All that heart and grit we had all season... that kept us in games with Vance Creek and Hough..... was gone the second things got tough last night. We completely forgot how to play a game of football. And don’t get me going on the offense.

Question for anyone familiar with Ragsdale... do they not get much fan support? Was shocked that we packed the away side on a hour and a half trip, and had more fans their than the home team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT