ADVERTISEMENT

6-1 East Forsyth vs 6-1 Reagan

Veejay4

Nov 22, 2014
Here's Reagans chance again to exorcise the demon of never having beaten East.

Reagan will be at home and will get a EF team coming in having split with 2 ranked teams (one a rival WF) and a drawn out weekend against a "game" and rival Glenn squad.

Maybe there best chance yet.

I'll see your 3TDs and raise you a TD and a FG.

Reagan's defense has given up points to every opponent. Even though Reagan scored 60+ on Watauga, they gave up 30+, including multiple 50+ TD runs.

Reagan's offense has featured two fast running backs that have hit the corners quickly against out manned teams. East should be able to set the edges better than anything Reagan has seen all year. This will probably mean more qb runs which East should be able to handle.

Reactions: Veejay4
E 7
R 0

R had ball on 6. Tipped int in end zone. E fake punts from 25. Continue drive and score.

I've seen Reagan play several times this year. I've seen West play a couple of times.

First time I've seen East this year. I have seen them play at least once every year for the last six years.

Based on all this, I truly thought they would roll Reagan.

I am not sure if Reagan's defense played the best they have all year, if East's offense was AWOL, or both but I am surprised.

Congrats to Reagan.

Reactions: Veejay4
Injuries have ravaged the offense. Missing Marshall and top 3 receivers, QB was banged up on TD run in 1st and was in and out all night. Hard to move the ball, hard to score, let Reagan hang around. Give them credit though, they made the plays on the final drive to get the win. East had chances but penalties and missed opportunities once again got the best of the Eagles. Looked like top DE went off with a serious injury also. We were pretty healthy last year, total different story now. 5 strong teams in the CPC this year, could they all tie for the conference champ?

Last edited:
Injuries have ravaged the offense. Missing Marshall and top 3 receivers, QB was banged up on TD run in 1st and was in and out all night. Hard to move the ball, hard to score, let Reagan hang around. Give them credit though, they made the plays on the final drive to get the win. East had chances but penalties and missed opportunities once again got the best of the Eagles. Looked like top DE went off with a serious injury also. We were pretty healthy last year, total different story now. 5 strong teams in the CPC this year, could they all tie for the conference champ?

Thanks for the inside info.

As I said earlier, I’ve seen Reagan play several times this year. They have struggled to stop the run. I am surprised East couldn’t run at will. They did have a couple of nice, long runs, but no consistency in terms of ground control.

Congrats to the Raiders! As far as East Forsyth goes I just talked to my buddy who's a former player. East Forsyth came into the game without its starting 3 WRs and its best RB plus QB on one leg. The D was missing its OLB and its best Safety plus one of their best DL. Then tonight the lose their best DE and they lost their other starting safety. I've never seen a High School team this injured. From what I'm hearing these are not minor bumps and bruises these are major season ended injuries that most require surgery. You hate to see young men who worked so hard go out like this. According to my source EF was down to their 3 string Corner on the last TD pass he just got beat on the one on one fade route. I saw it and it was an absolute perfect pass by the Reagan QB. The CPC is INSANE this year!

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
If EF was healthy they’ll still be undefeated , theirs only one player on their PLAYING roster that’s rated high and he’s an oline men EF injuries are causing major problems this season... One of their interior Dline even had to move to DE and contain their QB with his jets

If EF was healthy they’ll still be undefeated , theirs only one player on their PLAYING roster that’s rated high and he’s an oline men EF injuries are causing major problems this season... One of their interior Dline even had to move to DE and contain their QB with his jets
Oh and also 4qtr game close they had to put in their JV QB , never played in a varsity game in his life cause Qb1 and Ab2 both were out....

Congrats to the Raiders! As far as East Forsyth goes I just talked to my buddy who's a former player. East Forsyth came into the game without its starting 3 WRs and its best RB plus QB on one leg. The D was missing its OLB and its best Safety plus one of their best DL. Then tonight the lose their best DE and they lost their other starting safety. I've never seen a High School team this injured. From what I'm hearing these are not minor bumps and bruises these are major season ended injuries that most require surgery. You hate to see young men who worked so hard go out like this. According to my source EF was down to their 3 string Corner on the last TD pass he just got beat on the one on one fade route. I saw it and it was an absolute perfect pass by the Reagan QB. The CPC is INSANE this year!
Part of the game everyone has injuries. Pinecrest lost 5 starters thursday and still beat the scots.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Part of the game everyone has injuries. Pinecrest lost 5 starters thursday and still beat the scots.

Timing was perfect,(weak part of the schedule) but the Creek had 15 players out the last 2 games, starters and backups.

Oh if Zamir White would have played against Harding. As they say if "if"s and but's were candy and nuts oh what a Christmas it would be"!

Reactions: Ben-Badd
so it looks like EF and Scot probably get 3rd from their respected conferences pushing their seed # down a great deal, still some ball to play that could change this, 1s, 2s, then 3s,, each group by adjusted

That’s unfortunate as they’re having to compete without a full deck. It happens but it’s still unfortunate. I’m praying for and wishing all those players who are injured a quick and complete healing and recovery.

Yes I understand that injuries are part of the game guys and I know every team is dealing with them. East is still 7-2 will all those players out. East Forsyth has lost D1 Crowell for the year D1 Marshall for the year. QB is playing on one leg I hear. They are missing their starting Center also his back up so they are on their 3rd center. They are also missing 2 WRs behind Crowell making it 6 Starters out on offense. On Defense they are missing their starting DE missing their starting OLB then they are missing 2 starting DBs making 4 starters out on defense.

With all that said those backup DBs are getting roasted on the outside. I felt bad watching them play on the highlights I saw from Reagan's offense. Looked like Varsity going against JV kids. The Davie QB may throw for 500 yards on those DBs and I'm not even trying to be funny. Only reason I bring up all the injuries is I thought this team was good enough to make another run at the Championship. Now this team will be lucky to make it to the 2nd rd. I would not want to draw them if I was a top seeded team but still if they can't get these young DBs playing better it will be a quick exit for the Eagles this season.

Yes I understand that injuries are part of the game guys and I know every team is dealing with them. East is still 7-2 will all those players out. East Forsyth has lost D1 Crowell for the year D1 Marshall for the year. QB is playing on one leg I hear. They are missing their starting Center also his back up so they are on their 3rd center. They are also missing 2 WRs behind Crowell making it 6 Starters out on offense. On Defense they are missing their starting DE missing their starting OLB then they are missing 2 starting DBs making 4 starters out on defense.

With all that said those backup DBs are getting roasted on the outside. I felt bad watching them play on the highlights I saw from Reagan's offense. Looked like Varsity going against JV kids. The Davie QB may throw for 500 yards on those DBs and I'm not even trying to be funny. Only reason I bring up all the injuries is I thought this team was good enough to make another run at the Championship. Now this team will be lucky to make it to the 2nd rd. I would not want to draw them if I was a top seeded team but still if they can't get these young DBs playing better it will be a quick exit for the Eagles this season.

Christian Beal played some DB his senior year when they needed some extra help there. Some times, you put the best players you got on the field and just ask them to make plays. Now they are missing a ton of their best players, but maybe they could put some of their running backs and receivers out there in a very vanilla package and see if they can make a difference. They gotta get through Davie this Friday and RJR, then hope for a bye first round to try and get as healthy as possible to make another run. Scotland did it shorthanded last year, who knows?

Reactions: Warhead1
Christian Beal played some DB his senior year when they needed some extra help there. Some times, you put the best players you got on the field and just ask them to make plays. Now they are missing a ton of their best players, but maybe they could put some of their running backs and receivers out there in a very vanilla package and see if they can make a difference. They gotta get through Davie this Friday and RJR, then hope for a bye first round to try and get as healthy as possible to make another run. Scotland did it shorthanded last year, who knows?

I think I remember seeing Beal back there his senior year. I think that was more because Beal was so good they had to find ways to keep him on the field. When you're down your best RB there is no way to spare your other RB. Then you can't put any WRs at DB because all of your WRs are injured. They have to bring up some JV kids and say the future is now. Go ahead get them in and get them ready for next season. If you lose this game to Davie I see Coach Willert doing that at several positions. Might as well get next years guys as many live reps as possible on the Varsity stage.

BTW, I heard that most of East Forsyth's injuries are season ending requiring surgery type injuries not something that will be better in 2 weeks when it comes to kids like Crowell, Marshall, then 4 to 6 other starters. One thing I respect about Willert is he hasn't complained once about injuries or at least if he did I missed it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT