ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Best Young Basketball Coaches in Private School

Rob Salter from Greenfield (30) and has 4 state championships, with kids in DI and DII schools.

Rob Salters-Greenfield
John Whitley- Gaston Day
Doug Ginn-Fayetteville Academy

Heath
This post was edited on 1/13 11:32 AM by HeathVandyif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 1/13 11:32 AM by HeathVandyif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Heath Vandevender should also be listed in this category

Rad

I appreciate the comment but I am the senior statesmen compared to this young group at 38, however, I do agree that I look better than my younger friends(jk). I will be 39 in June- where did the years go?

Heath

Dont know how young you consider young but Heath, John and Rob are all fine coaches even though it seems that my dad used to take me to games when I was a young lad and Heath was coaching then.

Gotta add the names of Travis Pait (Harrells), Brant Short (Calvary Baptist), David Carrier (Kerr Vance), Tony Kitchings (United Faith),Jon Powell (Cary Academy), Glen Taylor (Christ Church Va) and Doug Ginn (Fayetteville Academy) to the list.
This post was edited on 2/3 10:54 PM by easternif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I agree with all of those coaches mentioned. The one that has caught my eye the past 2 years at the stae tournament is Calvary's Coach Short. He is a connective coach and seems to get the most out of his teams. He brought 2 completely different teams through the state tournament back to back years. He is one the top coaches I would say...

Where is Rob Salter from? I played against a Rob Salter in high school and I was just wondering.

Rob played at South Lenoir--

Yes, then that is him. I played for Wallace-Rose Hill and remember him from SL. If I'm not mistaken, his dad was the principal at SL. Glad to hear he is a great coach because he was a very good player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT