ADVERTISEMENT

#5 West Montgomery at Albemarle part 2 tonight

bulldog nation2014

Feb 21, 2014
After last nights game if Albemarle stays out of foul trouble they win. With a slight FT advantage (A 4/7 and WM 19/29) WM was able to pull it off. Tonight's game should be exciting and a great matchup.

Alb Boys won 81-29 girls lost 57-48. Tough night had a starter with the dreaded flu just down the stretch didn't execute well on the girls side.

Bulldog nation ... first it's the refs. now the flu, what happened against Gray Stone? ... Ebola ... terror threats ... West is undefeated because they are a solid 1A team. How about giving their girls a little credit.

Did you not read my post I said we didn't execute well down the stretch lmao and I didn't say anything about the refs I said a slight free throw advantage the first game at 4/7 for us to 19/29 for them. That's facts. Last night out our best shooter had the flu literally could not go anymore it makes a difference. West mont is a good team I have always said that so don't come at me with your weak stuff. See you in the playoffs :). FYI why don't you ask west mont coach I am sure he will say the same thing. Last night one it hurts not having your best shooter. Two when you don't execute well it's tough to beat a good team.

Facts no excuses.

"Ref
controlled game. Even called a block on one of the alb girls for boxing out his
explanation was she did the splits lmao. Revenge game tomorrow night."

Nation- this is from your post after the first WM/ALb girl's game. And you won't see me in the playoffs. May be first round (Go Comets). Weakness is found when a person whines about things outside of their control and doesn't give credit where it's due. Saw the Warriors play my Comets and destroy them.If both ALb and West play their best game, WM wins. They beat SD twice by more than 20, SD beat GS twice, GS beat Alb and WM beat ALb twice. So why not just post the truth, Bulldogs lost to a superior team!!

Against gray stone why don't you call the uncc head women's coach ask what happened? Lmao don't be dumb. What teams you support again?

Seems like it. These kids in AHS have been through a lot this year and just found out a week ago their school would be closing on top of that. So right now we are just focusing on getting back on track.

My point was and still is, if your going to make excuses, at least give the team that won some credit in the thread. And who knows, GS might beat West Friday night. They're not invincible for sure. FYI ALB 68-SS 59 (WM 81-SS 29); ALB 48 NS 44 (WM 72- NS 23); ALB 60 SD 55 (WM 62- SD 42). West is the better team at this time.

Sir I don't believe in excuses. I have and will give credit to WM you canon at anytime I have spoken about West and see that. Are they the better team absolutely not, did they play a better game absolutely. West is a good team and when you don't execute down the stretch you won't beat good teams. What posted about the scores shows you are not familiar with what's going on down here. Honestly doesn't matter to me we got work to do and need to build the chemistry. We will be fine come playoff time.

Originally posted by bulldog nation2014:
Lol recycled you of all people talking, really? Come on lol
Present your evidence of once where I have made excuses for my team of any team? Present your case. You have already made excuses twice this week. Name my team and present the excuses I have offered. Come on let's see it.

What excuses have I made? You want to read the article the newspaper did up? Lol. What team are you for again?
You don't know what team I am from because I don't make excuses for them. Your excuses, let's see, sick, injuries, refs, cramps.....etc. funny you seem to think your team is the only one that deals with these problems? At the end of a tough year everyone deals with problems. I am willing to bet the players on all teams don't make excuses they work harder. I am willing to bet your team is not offering excuses they are in the gym working. Maybe you should follow their lead.

Still waiting for you to provide evidence of my making excuses.

When did I make excuses about cramps lmao. Injuries are a part of the game no doubt but is it am excuse when you have 2-3 starters injured? I didn't know saying slight ft advantage us 4/7 them 16-29 was an excuse. Do you know the difference between an actual event that occurred that effected the outcome of a game and an excuse? Even a person from Cherokee was talking about they had a couple of players injured and with the flu. I don't see that as an excuse but as their players are hurt and have the flu. Lol it sucks especially when it's a key player. I posted to them praying for you to get back to good health. I don't know how much you know about basketball but you get a ft difference of 22 ft attempted that is a huge difference. When you are up 14-2 and running vs a good team and the next 5 fouls go on 2 of your best players and you have to sit them it makes a difference not a excuse but a fact.

When I commented last night all I said was we had a kid with the flu but we didn't execute well down the stretch. How is that an excuse?

You know what I don't even care what you think. Lol no reason even for you to comment on this nothing to do with your team. You want to talk trash and act stupid go ahead just don't bring it to me. You want to talk basketball feel free.

You never answered what team do you cheer for? I don't know because I don't pay attention just read the topics and post. Comment on certain ones. Because you know it is a conversation board about basketball not for you to be a cyber tough guy. I am in albemarle anytime you want to talk like that in person. Otherwise talk about basketball or don't comment and let us basketball fans talk.

Good luck to all teams in these final couple of weeks as well. It should be a great playoff for both girls and guys.

Seems odd to play back to back nights. especially being such big games. bet that was pretty difficult.

It was but both teams battled hard. I would have liked to have a day in between or maybe two days but both games were good hard fought games. You just go with the hand you were dealt lol. It was however better than last year. We played WM Tuesday union academy Wednesday and west mont Thursday. West mont had a day off in between and it showed lol.

They ended up not having a girls team and because it was so late it counts as a forfeit. They were not good anyway but sucks as that is 2 games that the younger girls don't get minutes in that helps with their development.

Bulldog,

Here is when you used cramping for an excuse. Lmao you don't know what you post.

2-1 they lost to hayesville by 13 I think but they had 3 starters cramping. Before Albemarle started cramping against Hayesville they were up by 8. 2 of the 3 starters were Jaida and their PG. The PG is just getting back into shape from where she hurt her knee vs MA.

sounds like a lot of excuses to me

Illuminati704[/URL]

This poster in addition to myself and two other posters in this thread share the same opinion. Maybe we are wrong and you are right.

As for Cherokee talking about their injuries, illness, etc. they do it before they play, not after a loss.

As for the part about not knowing basketball let us take a look at some reasons that a game might have a great disparity in FTs.

1) One team is more aggressive defensively.

2) One team is more aggressive offensively. They penetrate and hit the offensive boards. The other team settles for jumpers.

3) One team may slow down play and the other team fouls to try to gain possession.

4) One team is deeper or in better condition. The other team has a shorter bench or is more fatigued and starts to play with their hands as opposed to moving their feet.

5) One team may be more fundamentally sound. They draw charges and block out and don't rely on just athletic ability. [/B]

If you want to talk basketball, talk basketball. Give credit where credit is due, don't continually make excuses. Every once in a while is ok but not repeatedly.

I couldnt agree more with you recycled albemarle still can make some noise in the playoffs but they werent the best team WM was one night maybe we will take excuses but two nights two losses sounds like WM is the better team. Come playoff time no one will remember a team that lost in the third round because they had a little adversity. Great teams rise up and overcome injuries fouls and other things to find a way to win. You do not think Hayesville had adversity when they won six straight I believe Laura Cottrell tore an acl and missed the state final I am not as familiar with Bishop as much but in their run I am sure they faced obstacles but they find a way to win. Then again maybe Albemarle just isnt a great team but rather just a good one.

You know what's great about the playoffs. As things finalize out you can see robbinsvile at albemarle then albemarle going straight through the mtns. That would be great.

2-1 they lost to hayesville by 13 I think but they had 3 starters cramping. Before Albemarle started cramping against Hayesville they were up by 8. 2 of the 3 starters were Jaida and their PG. The PG is just getting back into shape from where she hurt her knee vs MA.

Yes the PG was getting back into shape from hurting her knee from MA wow what an excuse and that was their 3rd game 2nd in a row hayesvilles 2nd lmao. Who cares it was a summer game I was discussing how the main lineups looked against each other. Albemarle main vs hayesville main AHS plus 8. Good Lord people.

Like I said call uncc head coach she was the one who made the comment that "was the worst called game she had ever seen" I didn't say that she did. There interesting calls absolutely. When your player drives to the bucket and both arms are pulled I guess that's not a foul correct?

First game against WM I said a slight free throw advantage 4/7 AHS and 19/29 for WM 5 straight foul calls on 2 starters one being she boxed out the ref called block explanation and I quote "she did the splits". Is that in the rule book. And yes that starter was sick that night and went for 18 and 4/7 from 3. The very next night all I said was she had the flu. But we didn't execute down the stretch. And yes she was done no energy really didn't play.

Don't give me your bs. Looking forward to playoff time. Time for the mtns to actually earn getting to the 3rd rd. Good luck.

Bulldog- how bout going back to the dog house. You've been called out by several posters, and yet you refuse to realize YOUR shortcomings. Absolutely support your team. But if your team loses MULTIPLE games and after them YOU blame something besides the skill of the other team, you are the one not being honest with self. And PLEASE don't respond how you give the other teams credit. The proof is in pudding my friend. Your post are the proof and YOUR record is the pudding. By the way WM beat GS by 22 tonight. And you lost to GS. YES alb IS the better team on the court!

Lmao really? Why are you even commenting? You for know me from Adam and my post or what I say has nothing to do with you. You want to argue with what I say really? You going to argue with what a NCAA d1 coach said in her observation? Or even the coach from WM said about Tuesday night? Right don't want to hear that though. Focus on your team don't worry about me. Come on down to albemarle if you want to be tough online. Otherwise you have nothing for me.

And for the record look back to even my post during playoffs last year and my comments about WM. I have all the respect in the world for their players. My observation is honest. Look at the stats please them come out me. Thank you and please stay in the mountains lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT