ADVERTISEMENT

#5 Lincolnton @ #1 East Lincoln

Some of you are much nicer to your adversaries than I could ever be. I identify more with the first person vantage point William Blake penned in the infamous poem, "A Poison Tree."

"I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow. ...

...And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright,
And my foe beheld it shine,
And he knew that it was mine -

And into my garden stole
When the night had veiled the pole;
In the morning, glad, I see
My foe outstretched beneath the tree."

If any of you Mustangs are hungry, I'll have a few apples with me I'll gladly share at halftime. Otherwise, go pound sand!

Habitabit lupus vincere.

Originally posted by Tool Time Tam:
I had no doubt he would be playing.
That's why they wrote in the paper, he was in street clothes on the sideline and appeared to be fine after the game. As well as writing in the paper ...He said he was good to go!
Let's hope for his sake he is. I'll never forget our game against Starmount, I believe 3 round as well when their QB and a EAST player had some contact, and broke his neck. Needless to say, his life has been forever altered. He wore a HALO for a very long time, lost his scholarship to App. State. Sad situation no matter how you look at it.
We did raise money for him at EL to help with medical expenses. He also came to 3 or 4 of our home games the following year, and came to our State Championship Game. He has been such a inspiration, says God had different plans for him other than Football.
With that being said, time will tell if EASTER is healthy. I'm glad he's playing though.
Good Luck to both Teams and hope for a injury FREE game.

A n d... BOOM! A very civil board of fans, coaches, insiders and well-wishers are rudely shaken when the coach's wife accuses the opposing Coaching staff, administrators, medical staff, trainers, players, parents of an injured kid, the kid himself, and the local paper...of covering up a head injury so that a kid can play a game tonight. While pretending she actually cares if " EASTER is healthy". Wow.

Misinformed, or just classless?

Time will tell. But, if it's any consolation, Tam, I was actually there. I saw the hit, watched the medical personnel, listened as the parents spoke to the medical staff, watched the injured player return to the field, cheering, high-fiving and even chest-bumping his teammates as they ran off the field. Quite the cover-up, I'll say. Took a lot of fortitude for that kid to do that. He coulda checked himself into the hospital and been in traction, but he stayed around to keep the conspiracy alive! And got the Medical Doctor and CMC trainer on the sideline to buy in...not to mention the coaches and the local media! The same media who spends most of their time in Denver and Pumpkin Center.........................quite a tale!

Do tell, Tam... What insight do you have that the rest of us are missing? Aren't there things at EAST for you to worry about? Like where will Mike apply to this year? Will the 49ers call, or will he have to stay there another season? Will the Gaston County kids shop their talents around again this off-season, or will they return to their second home at EAST? Has EAST checked the grades this tear, or will another round of forfeits ensue? Hey, maybe I'm misinformed about some of that...you know I don't actually have first hand knowledge, so maybe I won't even post any of that. Or at least, on a civil board I wouldn't.

Really. Civil was cool. Has it occurred to you that a person in your position shouldn't be slinging around insinuations about teachers/coaches/parents/children? I think I am more disturbed by your fake 'concern' for the kid, than by your insinuated accusations about all the people who you think is involved in this cover-up.

Now...as my blood pressure settles, let me say from the heart: I hope the game is injury-free as well. I hope that every kid who plays tonight leaves having given his all, and leaves with his health intact. I hope each of them shakes the hand of the opposing team and sees heart and character in the face across from them. I hope that parent's stop screaming at coaches. And I hope that the kid who got hurt at EAST gets all well. And I hope people on message boards don't try and ruin other people's reputations with rumor and innuendo, unless they wanna come out with some facts to back it up.

Whatcha got Tam?

Well I don't care if you believe me or not but I for one am happy to hear he is okay.

On a lighter note, It's going to be a packed house tonight. It will be an atmosphere you don't normally see with two bitter rivals so close together meeting in the third round. I want to see emotion from fans, even a little trash talk, just keep it in perspective and have fun. I bet a lot of West and North Lincoln fans are rooting for Lincolnton too, probably most of the SD7 for that matter. Everyone wants to see East go down in flames. All of this contributes to a very exiting game. Less than 6 hours to go now. I'm amped up
smile.r191677.gif

It's about time this board got interesting...

The Lincolnton Football Program is first class. The health of out young men is not risked for the sake of a W.

Was out in town earlier... I think half of Lincolnton is going to the game!! Should be a great one!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Don't show up before 545, gates won't open until then... I just tried to put my yellow blankie down and everything was locked

Originally posted by wolvesfan30:
It's about time this board got interesting...

The Lincolnton Football Program is first class. The health of out young men is not risked for the sake of a W.

Was out in town earlier... I think half of Lincolnton is going to the game!! Should be a great one!
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Please someone have some form of sedative for my friend, Mr. Lincolnton.

He will be a total mess if the game turns into a barn burner.
roll.r191677.gif

KTC Broadcasting has just reported that Lincolnton's QB, Jordan Easter, is standing on the sidelines in street clothes.

This will mean the Wolves will start a freshman at the QB position tonight.

Lincolnton strikes first on Roseboro 2 yard run. 7-0. East answer on a 65 yard one play score. Lincolnto. Rought the house and 10 yars pass goes all the way. 7-7 first quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT