ADVERTISEMENT

4AA West Mallard Creek At Lake Norman Prediction

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
This game is a story of contrasts. You have Lake Norman, who is trying to win their third playoff game. Then we have Mallard Creek...winners of 29 of their last 30 games. Their record since 2009, is 77-7, with one state title. Mallard Creek plays in the Mecka conference, where two of their teams are playing in regional finals this week. Lake Norman plays in the split 3A/4A North Piedmont conference.

These two teams do have a history. Mallard Creek is 4-0 against Lake Norman, having outscored them 197-15.

Mallard Creek is averaging 43.57 ppg., while Lake Norman averages 42 ppg. Lake Norman is allowing 21.79 ppg, while Mallard Creek is giving up 17.64 ppg. For the playoffs, Mallard Creek is scoring at a 49 ppg. clip. Lake Norman is scoring 42.67 ppg. The Mavericks are giving up 16.33 ppg in the playoffs, while Lake Norman is giving up 25 ppg.

These teams have four common opponents. Mallard Creek took the measure of Hopewell 42-0, while Lake Norman defeated them 38-7. Mallard Creek beat Hough 37-30. Lake Norman played Hough twice, losing 35-31, then getting revenge last week in the playoffs 52-42. North Mecklenburg played of these teams, losing to Lake Norman 35-28 and Mallard Creek 42-0. West Charlotte lost to Mallard Creek 56-27 and to Lake Norman in the playoffs 35-7

Lake Norman is led by their all everything quarterback, Josh Ledowski.

Several may have said it, but I believe Lou Holtz once said about his team that they were beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. He just hoped it wasn't an oncoming train. Lake Norman is seeing light at the end of their tunnel, in their most successful season. They are only one game away from the state title game. They see light. Unfortunately, I'm hearing a train whistle. Mallard Creek by 18

This post was edited on 12/4 1:14 PM by mrhonda

This post was edited on 12/4 8:54 PM by mrhonda

May you be right may you be wrong. I just feel a great vib for the lake Norman team. Yeah everyone says and it's mostly true about josh being all lake Normans got. But Lake Norman can very well beat mallard creek. When the giant is sleeping and gets all the buzz about we going to win easy and make another state title game then little guy strikes. Field tilted one way and that's mallard creek way but Lake Norman is at home with what I except to be a pack house and I mean packed.

this game brings back memories of the WVU vs Clemson orange bowl game a few years back which I had a buddy who played with me play in that game. All the stories and predications went one way with a lot of people scream Clemson by double figures. Final was WVU 70 Clemson 33. Not saying that lake Norman kills MC. Just saying they may upset them.

LN 22
MC21

Maybe a train whistle but that could be MC tootin' their own horn....

A close one and a shoutout. 42-41, whoever has the ball last.

MC scored at will against Butler.
Providence 35-0 at half. They are a machine. Very well discipline Team. Buisness like. Other than the 1st year MC opened. Only one team has scored 40 on MC in 7 years. MC by 4 td's

The key to this game is how will LKN reacts to the size and speed of MC. I know you hear a lot about it but I have seen in person how after a couple of series how teams non verbally start to realize that this is just different and the level of the physicality and speed stays at that level longer than other teams who come out and are at max efficiency but start to settle into baseline. MC baseline is just much higher and eventually the other team starts to break mentally and physically. You couple that with a staff that really knows how to Coach and it will be difficult for LKN.

On the one hand...

Lake Norman shared the same conference with MC up until recently and is already used to playing them, so MC's size and speed will not be a shock or a surprise in any way to them.

But on the other hand...

Every one of those prior meetings was a blowout loss...so maybe this is a case where being familiar with your opponent is not necessarily a good thing.

Great, TWC apparently can't get the MC LN game to come on TV.

Lake Norman with Ladowski is always a threat. I think Lake Norman got a lot of respect tonight. Not the blowout predicted by most.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT