ADVERTISEMENT

4AA Championship Contenders

Chris_Hughes

Staff
Feb 13, 2004
Now that the 4AA brackets have been released, how do we see this playoff race playing out?

EAST:
#8 Pinecrest at #1 Apex Friendship
#5 Wake Forest at #4 Millbrook

#6 Leesville Road at #3 Hoggard
#7 Holly Springs at #2 Rolesville.

WEST:
#8 Green Hope at #1 Hough
#5 Vance at #4 Ardrey Kell

#6 Olympic at #3 Panther Creek
#7 NW Guilford at #2 Myers Park

--
In the East, I feel that based on the teams I've seen, Pinecrest and Rolesville could be the two favorites. Pinecrest may have the deepest roster in all of N.C., and they also won't be shocked by the speed differences on any of these teams in the East as they are used to playing the Richmonds, Scotlands, and Britts of the world on a weekly basis.

The other teams that I would really keep an eye on would be Hoggard and Wake Forest.

--
The West could be a completely different story. Also, similarly to years past, I could see the West teams beat up on each other allowing for a team from the East to use the path of least resistance and be better and fresher in the title game.

I think many of us anticipate a Hough vs. Vance rematch next week, and I think Myers Park will also be lurking on the bottom side of the bracket. Potential bracket-busting teams that you have to worry about could be NW Guilford. If they can find a way to get by Myers Park, I think they could be a dark horse.

This is by far the thinnest 4AA West bracket in a long time. If I remember correctly, last year, like this year, you had Vance, Myers Park and Hough. But missing is Richmond, Mallard Creek and Butler. I think the last 2 years all 6 of them were in 4AA West.

Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT