ADVERTISEMENT

4A Round 1: Davie County(14) @ Charlotte Catholic(3) Preview

CatholicCougs14

Jan 4, 2013
The playoffs are once again upon us and the Cougars will open up their playoff season against the War Eagles of Davie County. Did not know much about Davie County, I'm currently watching some film and they have some good players.
One wide receiver in particular is standing out was told he is a junior. Kid is very very good Catholic will need to keep an eye on him all night long.
Also they have a solid running back as well. Their line play at least in the film I have watched is alright, but not sure they are built to beat a team like Catholic.
Their line on defense at least does get through, but I do not think they have played an offensive line as disciplined as Catholic. Mount Tabor has some big boys along their line, but they are not as disciplined as the Cougars.
Their defense will need to play a near perfect game to beat the Cougars and by the looks of the film Mt Tabor ran all over them.
As for Catholic I think it'll come down to taking care of the football and eliminating the mistakes we suffered vs Providence. The Cougars made several mistakes which could've lost them the game. You cannot make those kinds of mistake and expect to win in the 4A Playoffs.
I think Catholic's offense is hitting their stride right now though and that is dangerous for any team because when Catholic is firing on all cylinders it is a hard thing to stop.
All in all I hope our friend DC_PRIDE_2010 makes the trip down to Charlotte wouldn't mind meeting you, you have a great amount of passion for your school!
At the end of the day though, I think Catholic wins this game by a score of about 49-14 or so. Just too much clock grinding and line play for Davie County.

Hey there Catholic. I will most likely make the trip down there Friday night if all goes according.

Davie is a better team then what's been seen and done. I still blame the play calling for the mistakes and the holes the kids get put in. Our boys bave heart and fight in them and don't give up. 14 and 5 and 9 our prime examples. Friday nights game against Mount tabor. First play from scrimmage davie calls a what I call a streak route or bomb and it gets picked off. Now you can fight and say well they was taking a shot at them early. But when you have a running back as we do you gotta come out and smash them in mouth off the start. That's the type of play calling on offense I have being harking on all year. We do stuff good and it's like coaching staff goes to something else and it just all goes down hill. The turnover bug has been in davies stomach all cpc long. That's part of the game and it just killed davie this year. Davie has athletes 14 5 9 33 43 90 30 3 and more. We are however missing a good part of our line in our center. And defense line got some players out. I haven't seen yall play nor have I read anything. Charlotte school so I'm going to say fast and physical. Game plan Davie needs to take in to play is small ball. In which means screens, draws, qb draws, wr screen and so on. Eat up the clock and take away from yall offensive. But I can tell you this coaching staff want do this unless someone on there reads my post. And I may be wrong but going off knowledge of the game. If we play small ball and eliminate turnovers and keep yalls offensive on sidelines we have a 35 percent chance of a win. Now for our defensive of game plan idk where to begin. Defensive of staff changes the defensive up to much and it's like they try to not be nasty with play calling. Some plays this year kids look like they a tagging instead and throwing down the pain on someone. Back to playing call if we would had blitzed Reagan from the opening kick off then Reagan wouldn't be out right cpc champs. Watch tape if you think different. Watch first half compared to the second half. Every play we brought heat and Easter got confused and rushed. Once again coaching error.

Now on to Friday's prediction as I am a true war eagle just as I am a true duke fan. No matter the odds or anything. I will take Davie in a upset 28 27 win. I think Davie has been overlooked before by teams with such caliber and Davie has walked in and stood toe to toe with them tell the end and came out with victories. High school football anything happens on Friday nights.

Davie 7 14 0 7------28
CC 7 7 7 6 -----27

To add to my post. I actually went and found some film on you guys. Your roster shows on paper to have big guys which all coaches up the size on paper. The film I watched shows to be yall play error free and smart. Yall Rush a lot as well. i still don't think yall will be the biggest team we have faced all year long.

DC Pride. We won't be Tabor is bigger than us, but we are better coached. Tabor opened up some wide holes in that Davie County DL with sub par coaching if you compare their coaching to Catholic. Garcia is one of the best OL coaches in the state IMO.
I don't think Davie will be able to stop the wing T, they are not built to do it. The physical pounding you take on defense is hard to simulate in practice and there are a multitude of plays that can be run out of any formation.
I also watched the West Rowan film and while West Rowan is not that great, they still put it to you for a good while. Catholic is a few touchdowns better than West if those two were to play.
Sadly I don't think Davie will hang around long, Catholic is at home and is hitting their stride on offense. When the Wing T is churning it is very very hard to stop.
Davie will have to play a perfect game on D to stop Catholic. That simply will not happen. After the film I saw at least.

Like I said yall play smart and error free which means coaching too. I have faith in our boys to come down there and play there hearts out. I know from experience Holman will give a pregame speech and players will have cold chills and will be ready to play. if not they don't need to go out there. Hope it's a good game win lose.

My opinion on Davie is I think Davie should have two offensives. Plays out the gun and plays out the I formation. We have the athletes to run out the gun but we have the athletes to run out the I. 5 would be deadly out the I formation. Giving him 2 more seconds of a head start to grab the ball and hit a hole would do wonders for this offense. His lead blocker would be 14 or 90. 3 to qb and I think Davie could had found more success like this. Being we spread the formation out teams key on 5 and attack with blitzes and being they have a head start and he is having to think he is getting ball or not causes lack of yards being gained. This offensive they run had been ran since cooter was there and that's the only time it had success because of cooters talents. This offense had success for 5's first year because he had 2 d1 lineman leading the way for him with other good line players as well. and nobody realized how good he was. But second year and this year teams go head and make the game plan to shut down the run of 5 and make 14 win it. Maybe we will have a 2010 run this year again. Never know where luck might land. I hope to meet you guys Friday night.

Originally posted by DC_PRIDE_2010:
Like I said yall play smart and error free which means coaching too. I have faith in our boys to come down there and play there hearts out. I know from experience Holman will give a pregame speech and players will have cold chills and will be ready to play. if not they don't need to go out there. Hope it's a good game win lose.

My opinion on Davie is I think Davie should have two offensives. Plays out the gun and plays out the I formation. We have the athletes to run out the gun but we have the athletes to run out the I. 5 would be deadly out the I formation. Giving him 2 more seconds of a head start to grab the ball and hit a hole would do wonders for this offense. His lead blocker would be 14 or 90. 3 to qb and I think Davie could had found more success like this. Being we spread the formation out teams key on 5 and attack with blitzes and being they have a head start and he is having to think he is getting ball or not causes lack of yards being gained. This offensive they run had been ran since cooter was there and that's the only time it had success because of cooters talents. This offense had success for 5's first year because he had 2 d1 lineman leading the way for him with other good line players as well. and nobody realized how good he was. But second year and this year teams go head and make the game plan to shut down the run of 5 and make 14 win it. Maybe we will have a 2010 run this year again. Never know where luck might land. I hope to meet you guys Friday night.
I must say I will give you props for sticking with your boys. Well DC I recommend you leave as soon as you can to get to Charlotte that traffic is nothing to play with my friend. I will be there when the gates open at 6. I typically before the game stand by the Cougar statue which you cannot miss.
When you come into the stadium you'll go to the right towards the visitor side Cougar statue is right by the entrance I'll be in my letterman and beanie there until about 7pm. It is a great place to watch a game it is worth it! Hope Davie brings a lot of people.
Do have a question about your offense. Does Davie run a lot of read option? I have seen them have some success with ur on film at times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT