(14) Berry Academy(6-4)
(6) Reagan (7-3)
(11) Mooresville (7-3)
(7) Southeast Guilford (8-2)
(10) South Caldwell (8-2)
(2) Scotland County (9-1)
(15) High Point Central (5-5)

If Scotland were to go west I don't think you could pencil a draw
any better than this. Games to play, possible draws for seeds still left.
Catholic, Dudley and Brown in opposite half.
SE Guilford and Reagan in the bottom.
Scotland dead on the East West cut line here though.

SC will beat RC this year. They will be 10-0 but if the 2 seed path worked out like this I would take it.

Still some good games that can change some things in the east. NB-DHC, NB-Rose, EES-71st. If CF were to beat JB they would be 2 seed. I doubt they will, JB is flying under the radar and will be a contender in 4AA East,

The State CHAmp for the 4A will COMe frome the west if the all the Projections hold true. Although NEw Hanover will be #1 seed, I think thaT side of the bracketis wide open and There are sevral schools That could end uo representing the east. Rose, Hillside and maybe another team under radar could knock off the WildcAcks

If Davie beats Tabor and Rocky River beats the Big I then that could push Scotland east .

Lake Norman will be 4a and Mooresville 4AA. I know Scotland fans are praying they go east. West is loaded

Lake Norman will be 4a and Mooresville 4AA. I know Scotland fans are praying they go east. West is loaded
Not really hoping praying i doubt it. No matter where we go i seriously doubt we have to beat all of the loaded teams out west. The east is so weak its pathetic. I think 5 teams in the west if sc goes west as well are 2 touchdowns better than any team in the east if new hanover ends up being the one seed.

the NCHSAA really should seed these teams 1-32 and quick with this east and west foolishness. The travel issue is a weak one. gas is as cheap as it has been in 10 plus years. most teams will have to miss 1 day of school. Not much going on at many schools on friday during football season. pep rally's at SC could last 2 whole periods back in the day LOL!

the NCHSAA really should seed these teams 1-32 and quick with this east and west foolishness. The travel issue is a weak one. gas is as cheap as it has been in 10 plus years. most teams will have to miss 1 day of school. Not much going on at many schools on friday during football season. pep rally's at SC could last 2 whole periods back in the day LOL!
I do agree with your last two posts

I do agree with your last two posts
Raider thanks we have one of most archaic associations in the entire eastern seaboard if not nation. This is not my opinion this is from some folks that have been involved with the NCHSAA at a very high level. we still don't have true spring ball, the no tv rule is really crazy, the split conferences among multiple classifications, dropping games for seeding and i could go on for days. IMO i think the whole 4a/4aa split is a bunch of junk as well. I think SC, New Bern, Dudley and many others have proven they can play and beat plenty of 4aa schools. as the wake county folks how they like playing conference opponents in the second round. don't get me started on how they handle officials. that is oldest good ol boy system in the state. makes our politicians look like everyone is on equal footing.

JMacde98, I agree with WHAt you hAve posted as well, but they CaN't put the preverbal TOOThpaste back in the TUbe. THE NCHSSA is making money off THe split classifiacations ... why would they go back. I would hope zTHey would go To 5A, but heard several years ago that Wouldn't happen. Seeding them 1 - 32 and Have schOOLs travel all over the state cOu;ld be an issue, but I like the IDea.

JMacde98, I agree with WHAt you hAve posted as well, but they CaN't put the preverbal TOOThpaste back in the TUbe. THE NCHSSA is making money off THe split classifiacations ... why would they go back. I would hope zTHey would go To 5A, but heard several years ago that Wouldn't happen. Seeding them 1 - 32 and Have schOOLs travel all over the state cOu;ld be an issue, but I like the IDea.
they wouldn't go back but they are not serving the best interest of the schools IMO there just like the ncaa

JMACDE99...... Hey guys what you talking about???? NCHSAA already seeding teams in playoffs past few years. EF which is from Kernersville was nbr one seeded and play McDowell which is in Marion in first round. That is about 2 hrs + drive for McDowell team . We are not playing pods anymore....I hate Pod system and now gas is very reasonable. I am not sure what year NCHSAA threw out pod system.

JMACDE99...... Hey guys what you talking about???? NCHSAA already seeding teams in playoffs past few years. EF which is from Kernersville was nbr one seeded and play McDowell which is in Marion in first round. That is about 2 hrs + drive for McDowell team . We are not playing pods anymore....I hate Pod system and now gas is very reasonable. I am not sure what year NCHSAA threw out pod system.
not sure what you are talking about i'm talking about a straight 1-32 regardless of location. who said anything about pod system (i didn't) hone up on your reading comprehension.

If Scotland were to go west I don't think you could pencil a draw
any better than this. Games to play, possible draws for seeds still left.
Catholic, Dudley and Brown in opposite half.
SE Guilford and Reagan in the bottom.
Scotland dead on the East West cut line here though.
What is sometime forgotten is how ADM'S shake out. Reagan could well be 4AA this year which changes everything. This could be the case with many schools. Hard to project without ADM's.

If Scotland's goes West? There would be 4 or 5 teams that could beat them. I doubt they would make it out... CC, AL Brown, Vance, Dudley all really good teams, that would match up against them. That would not be considered a upset. Throw in the upset programs, a very tough road.

The East would be a cake walk in comparison to the West.

Last edited:
If Scotland's goes West? There would be 4 or 5 teams that could beat them. I doubt they would make it out... CC, AL Brown, Vance, Dudley all really good teams, that would match up against them. That would not be considered a upset. Throw in the upset programs, a very tough road.

The East would be a cake walk in comparison to the West.
you could apply the same theory to the teams that you stated could beat sc. i would not consider any of those teams better than sc. on an equal plane for sure.

you could apply the same theory to the teams that you stated could beat sc. i would not consider any of those teams better than sc. on an equal plane for sure.
That is true. I feel the biggest issue to deal with is injuries. There are always some after tough games and in the west it will be tough every round past the 1st. In the East I could see SC resting alot of players in many games.

That is true. I feel the biggest issue to deal with is injuries. There are always some after tough games and in the west it will be tough every round past the 1st. In the East I could see SC resting a lot of players in many games.

port that would be huge and teams like brown & Vance who have a roster of 45 players or so that could be major trouble. it could truly be a war of attrition in the west. i think sc probably in better shape with overall depth than the other schools. can't say that for sure but based on pure numbers i would think so.

port that would be huge and teams like brown & Vance who have a roster of 45 players or so that could be major trouble.
I think Brown has more kids than that and their depth is OK. Vance's low numbers are a legit issue for them.

I think Brown has more kids than that and their depth is OK. Vance's low numbers are a legit issue for them.
I have heard they are pretty thin on the lines. A few injuries there and that could make a big difference. I know they had 2 injured O line after the Vance win. I don't know if those guys were back for MC.

Vance RB has been out half the season. AL Brown returned all their starters against MC.

Raider thanks we have one of most archaic associations in the entire eastern seaboard if not nation. This is not my opinion this is from some folks that have been involved with the NCHSAA at a very high level. we still don't have true spring ball, the no tv rule is really crazy, the split conferences among multiple classifications, dropping games for seeding and i could go on for days. IMO i think the whole 4a/4aa split is a bunch of junk as well. I think SC, New Bern, Dudley and many others have proven they can play and beat plenty of 4aa schools. as the wake county folks how they like playing conference opponents in the second round. don't get me started on how they handle officials. that is oldest good ol boy system in the state. makes our politicians look like everyone is on equal footing.

The coaches/schools voted in the sub-divided playoffs. The NCHSAA pushes participation, more kids having more opportunity which is America today. If the coaches/schools want to drop the sub-divided playoffs they can do it by voting it out. I have spoken with many coaches and none of them will come out and bring up a change.

Last year the NCHSAA put out an offer to the 1A schools to go to four rounds and play their finals the week before the other schools. It would help winter sports where players on one and two win teams could move on. It would cut down on extreme travel for overmatched opponents. It would allow more focus on the title games alleviating the 1A schools saying they are overlooked. It would allow them to play at a smaller more hospitable venue. The schools were not interested at all. The next option go from 64 to 48 and have half the teams have a first round bye. Once again the schools did not like it but not as overwhelming as the first proposal.

Split conferences was done more at the schools request. Mooresville and Lake Norman fought going to an all 4A Charlotte conference and the NCHSAA relented because the schools felt it was in their best interest.

I am against sub-dividing. I am against split conferences except in very extreme circumstances. I am against 1A having 64 teams in the playoffs. I think officiating is weak overall. At the end of the day the biggest issue in NC for football is the coaches association is weak and does not work together as united body toward one goal in a political fashion.

The coaches/schools voted in the sub-divided playoffs. The NCHSAA pushes participation, more kids having more opportunity which is America today. If the coaches/schools want to drop the sub-divided playoffs they can do it by voting it out. I have spoken with many coaches and none of them will come out and bring up a change.

Last year the NCHSAA put out an offer to the 1A schools to go to four rounds and play their finals the week before the other schools. It would help winter sports where players on one and two win teams could move on. It would cut down on extreme travel for overmatched opponents. It would allow more focus on the title games alleviating the 1A schools saying they are overlooked. It would allow them to play at a smaller more hospitable venue. The schools were not interested at all. The next option go from 64 to 48 and have half the teams have a first round bye. Once again the schools did not like it but not as overwhelming as the first proposal.

Split conferences was done more at the schools request. Mooresville and Lake Norman fought going to an all 4A Charlotte conference and the NCHSAA relented because the schools felt it was in their best interest.

I am against sub-dividing. I am against split conferences except in very extreme circumstances. I am against 1A having 64 teams in the playoffs. I think officiating is weak overall. At the end of the day the biggest issue in NC for football is the coaches association is weak and does not work together as united body toward one goal in a political fashion.
I would agree that the members could change all of this if they had the nads to do so.

Keep it rolling JM! Maybe I'll meet you at Scotland during the playoffs?
Coach I hope all is well. Dad and I were talking about the old days just a few weeks ago. I tell my son stories about working for you in the summer. He looks at me in amazing like, "you did what" and I tell him I enjoyed every minute of it and he rolls his eyes. Lol!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT