ADVERTISEMENT

4A East Discussion Board

PatrickO'Brien

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2012
We want to hear everyone's thoughts on the first round of the playoffs. Let the discussion begin right here.

16 Clayton (6-5) @ 1 New Bern (11-0)
9 New Hanover (7-4) @ 8 JH Rose (9-2)
12 EE Smith (8-3) @ 5 Hillside (7-4)
13 Riverside (4-7) @ 4 Seventy-First (11-0)
14 DH Conley (8-3) @ 3 Scotland (10-1)
11 West Johnston (8-3) @ 6 East Wake (9-2)
10 Northern Durham (4-7) @ 7 Cape Fear (8-3)
15 South Central (7-4) @ 2 Hoggard (10-0)

As a fan of the game, I'm looking down the line at a possible match-up between the Scots and the Falcons. But, I know both have take care of business: SC vs D H Conley and 71st vs Riverside.

I like my Bears at home. Won 27 of our last 28 home playoff games. Mike Hughes wants to get his second state title ring, badly. Journey starts with Clayton.

I don't like to speculate, but think on paper its a NB/SC match-up in round 4. Both teams are playoff tested and have lots of athletes. Make no mistake, there are a lot of games left to be played and anything can happen, but from what I've seen these 2 teams match up well with one another. History tends to repeat itself.
Go Bears!

New Bern will win first game, plays Rose in second round! Seventy first wins first one plays hill side, and Scots and Hoggard face each other in there third round! New Bern vs seventy first then the scots come to town!! I pick new Bern in final by 10. We shall see !!! Good luck all !!

Does anyone know anything about the Powell kid from Rose? Heard he was carted off against NB.

Originally posted by NBBears20124ACHAMPS:
Didn't see anyone hurt on the Rose sideline.
Thanks. My NB friend must have been a drinking.
laugh.r191677.gif

Hughes is fine. The backup was lights out. Threw for almost 200 yards and led the team to three TD drives cold off the bench in a conference title game, on the road. #Onions
This post was edited on 11/10 4:05 PM by NBBears20124ACHAMPS

Glad to hear Hughes is ok. I heard it was a high ankle sprain, any truth to it? I hope he is ok to play. Would love to see him 100% if the Scots and NB get to the Eastern finals for a monster clash again....I know high ankle sprains take a lot longer to heal than a regular sprain

Powell wasn't hurt, but they had a running back that injured his knee late in the game. Can't remember his name or number though.

Low ankle sprain. He could have played the rest of the Rose game. Not sure if he will play this Friday. Quincy Wright is a helluva a qb that would start at most 4A schools in NC or anywhere for that matter. Cool under fire with balls of steel.
Go Bears!

ump if you recall it was no 5 that rode by us after the game with his leg resting on the gator the young man looked to be in some pain .
This post was edited on 11/11 4:50 PM by Coaches Dad

Mike Hughes is the best football player ive seen all year.....truely spectacular talent. I still think the Scots emerge...they are playing inspired ball and really seem to be on a mission. hope i get to see that matchup.

I agree with you Scout on Mike being the best football player in the state, but I think what a few folks are missing is the talent of NB's defense. Averaged giving up under 7 points per game and with Havelock, Hillside, Rose, and Conley, 4 pretty good offenses on the schedule, its not like they haven't played against some high scoring teams. I hope everyone keeps over looking our defense.

@ Raider2014 Still got a bad taste in you mouth from friday night? Need any reminder 34-13 SCOTS!!!!!!!!!!

This post was edited on 11/11 8:28 PM by sikner51

get him sikner51,,,14 of 16 3rd down conversions, no punts,,,now back to this discussion

Feel pretty good about the Scots chances, just a little concerned about how beatup
we are going into the 1st playoff game, lots of ifs and maybes

Yea i thought we would pull for the SEC an then this, SCOTS will be ready looking forward to friday night.

glad to hear hughes is going to be fine. Would love to see the Scots and Bears tear it up again. Even though we are without Jalen, Ferguson is doing a great job of running the offense. Here's to hoping for this match up down the road. But the first stop is Conley! ONE GAME AT A TIME!

Couldn't agree more bearsfan! here's to hoping for 3 wins a piece and then the showdown pt 4! Our first statement game is CONLEY!

Originally posted by NBBears20124ACHAMPS:
Hoggard will be fortunate to get out of the first round.
Wow, you were right. The stars must have lined up right for us tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT