#6 Scotland at #3 New Bern
#7 Jack Britt at #2 South View

WEST:
#8 East Forsyth at #1 Grimsley
#5 Hillside at #4 South Caldwell

#6 Butler at #3 Glenn
#7 Hickory Ridge at #2 Providence

--

In the East, I think the winner of the Scotland/New Bern game will have some momentum to take with them against a Britt/South View winner. Gibbons should get past Pine Forest but I think we all anticipate a tough battle against Richmond in the second round. I know that Cardinal Gibbons has been playing some great football, and even with the long break and potential rustiness that Richmond may have, I feel that they should have the roster to get past Gibbons in a really close game.

Ultimately I feel this is Richmond's bracket to lose, but the trio of New Bern, Scotland, or South View will be formidable foes.

--

The West will be fun to watch, Grimsley is tough but I'll have my eyes on Butler and Hickory Ridge in the bottom half of the bracket. The Bulldogs will have their hands full in Kernersville, but if they win (or if Glenn wins), I think either of them will take a lot of momentum into the second and third rounds!

--
In the end, I still think Richmond has the talent to win it all, but they'll need to have the ball bounce their way too!

Reactions: Kylar2018
It may very well turn out to be Richmond but what have they actually done on the field
to warrant all this love Chris. Only 1 game against a team that can remotely play any football
at all, and they went overtime with that team (Pinecrest) and gave up 35pts. PC scored 14 and 7 pts against the other 2 descent teams they played this year..All this based on preseason projections
that none of us have seen on the playing field any this season. We will see, I think the favorite is
at the top of the bracket. Scotland with a great draw winds up in the weaker half has at least an opportunity to win a game or 2 but that offense has some serious issues this year and has been BAD the past 2 weeks against better competition struggling to even get a first down at times. The defense has
been great though and will have to hold teams to probably not more than 2 scores. We will see how things go this week, qb questions the same as the past 2 years are upon us heading into the playoffs.
I Would not be surprised to see Scotland hosting a week 2 matchup verse Jack Britt.
New Bern week 1 will be a great one, the teams havent played that much but there is an underlying
rivalry maybe mainly between the fans for some reason. I hope i can get there...

It may very well turn out to be Richmond but what have they actually done on the field
to warrant all this love Chris. Only 1 game against a team that can remotely play any football
at all, and they went overtime with that team (Pinecrest) and gave up 35pts. PC scored 14 and 7 pts against the other 2 descent teams they played this year..All this based on preseason projections
that none of us have seen on the playing field any this season. We will see, I think the favorite is
at the top of the bracket. Scotland with a great draw winds up in the weaker half has at least an opportunity to win a game or 2 but that offense has some serious issues this year and has been BAD the past 2 weeks against better competition struggling to even get a first down at times. The defense has
been great though and will have to hold teams to probably not more than 2 scores. We will see how things go this week, qb questions the same as the past 2 years are upon us heading into the playoffs.
I Would not be surprised to see Scotland hosting a week 2 matchup verse Jack Britt.
New Bern week 1 will be a great one, the teams havent played that much but there is an underlying
rivalry maybe mainly between the fans for some reason. I hope i can get there...
I actually agree with this somewhat.

I think Richmond's biggest issue is that they don't have the game time that other schools have, which could lead to sloppy play, especially after a long hiatus.

These kids didn't suddenly forget how to play football, but there is something to be said about "practice makes perfect". I think that is the Raiders' biggest opponent right now....themselves.
I am not going to sleep on Middle Creek or Gibbons.

Pine Forest also has a very tough defense that can cause Gibbons fits. I don't think they have the offense to win, but I've seen some strange stuff in the post-season.

I don't know what to think about the bottom half of the bracket. I never count out Charlotte schools though.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
Richmond will be well rested. I got RC vs. South View in the Eastern Finals. SV defense is legit with thier only loss to a decent Cleveland team in a shootout first game of season. The offense is explosive with lots of weapons. They have the advantage of playing a full schedule too. If RC gets by Cardinal Gibbons, then this is the matchup that happens. New Bern nor Scotland have the Offense to play with SV.

Richmond will be well rested. I got RC vs. South View in the Eastern Finals. SV defense is legit with thier only loss to a decent Cleveland team in a shootout first game of season. The offense is explosive with lots of weapons. They have the advantage of playing a full schedule too. If RC gets by Cardinal Gibbons, then this is the matchup that happens. New Bern nor Scotland have the Offense to play with SV.
Let's goooooooooooo!

I agree. Richmond is East and 4A and for the first time in a long time the East is as formidable as the West 4A. I also agree with SCOTSWIN the best team is at the top of the bracket. Gibbons has a young but very talented roster with a number of championship experienced kids on the roster. As athletic as anyone. But they have young QB who on video looks young at times. If he gets hot they roll. I don’t think a team out there has played a solid schedule. Blessed to have so many broadcasts to have seen Richmond, Scotland, Pinecrest and some of the Raleigh teams. Never thought I’d say there were real 4A contenders in Wake two years in a row not named wake forest. Talking 4AA Rolesville same story as Gibbons, young QB if hot they can win it all as well.

Interesting points however all the offense that southview displayed was against some of the worst defenses in the east.

I agree. Richmond is East and 4A and for the first time in a long time the East is as formidable as the West 4A. I also agree with SCOTSWIN the best team is at the top of the bracket. Gibbons has a young but very talented roster with a number of championship experienced kids on the roster. As athletic as anyone. But they have young QB who on video looks young at times. If he gets hot they roll. I don’t think a team out there has played a solid schedule. Blessed to have so many broadcasts to have seen Richmond, Scotland, Pinecrest and some of the Raleigh teams. Never thought I’d say there were real 4A contenders in Wake two years in a row not named wake forest. Talking 4AA Rolesville same story as Gibbons, young QB if hot they can win it all as well.
Well it’s hard to play a “solid schedule” during a pandemic and no non- conference. I don’t think anyone is going to “roll” in the 4A East. It’s going to be 3 very physical grind it out games for whomever reaches the title game.

Well it’s hard to play a “solid schedule” during a pandemic and no non- conference. I don’t think anyone is going to “roll” in the 4A East. It’s going to be 3 very physical grind it out games for whomever reaches the title game.
That was my point. The playoff brackets were solid but no team had played a solid schedule. Of the teams discussed I think Scotland has played one playoff team, Richmond has played one, I think Middle Creek has played 2, Gibbons played 2 and that is Pretty much it. No one has played more than 2 playoff teams.

That was my point. The playoff brackets were solid but no team had played a solid schedule. Of the teams discussed I think Scotland has played one playoff team, Richmond has played one, I think Middle Creek has played 2, Gibbons played 2 and that is Pretty much it. No one has played more than 2 playoff teams.
4A East is a toss-up. Should be fun.

I am a Butler guy but am I missing something with Grimsley? Looking at some of the highlights they look really good with a QB that can throw the ball and make plays. I don’t follow them so hopefully someone can give me more information.

Last edited:
I am a Butler guy but am I missing something with Grimsley? Looking at some of the highlights they look pretty really good with a QB that can throw the ball and make plays. I don’t follow them so hopefully someone can give me more information.
They are littered with studs on that team. I think they are the team to beat in the West. They have size, speed and athletes on every level. You are not missing a thing. Doesn't mean they will win it all but they have to be in the conversation.

Scotland has played 2 playoff teams , Britt, Pinecrest , even game with Pinecrest (Miss pat difference13-14 ) and a win over Britt (20-3)

Reactions: Booner100
Two 21-20 losses to East Forsyth was the only thing that kept the Whirlies from winning a state championship last year and they are better this year. QB Barnett has two D1 signees to throw to in Curtain and Albright. Salty and experienced defense led by 5 star DT Shaw(6-6, 350) who was also all-conference in basketball. Coach Brown and his staff are top notch with home field advantage throughout. Somebody will have to bring their A-game to beat Grimsley.

Looking at some of the highlights and Butler hasnt faced a team like that this year and could present them some issues. Not sure what Richmond will do but Grimsley will be a handful.

Looking at some of the highlights and Butler hasnt faced a team like that this year and could present them some issues. Not sure what Richmond will do but Grimsley will be a handful.
Grimsley has a DT. A monster. #1 player in the State class 2022. Rivals & 24/7 has already graded him as 5 star as a Junior. He's 6'6" 320 lbs with a motor. Should be interesting. (Travis Shaw)

Last edited:
Pulling for Butler in 4A, just moved into their school district Glenn looks like they have athletes and can score. Should be exciting

The
Grimsley has a DT. A monster. #1 player in the State class 2022. Rivals & 24/7 has already graded him as 5 star as a Junior. He's 6'6" 320 lbs with a motor. Should be interesting. (Travis Shaw)
Player that you need to block is #22. That kid is a problem Shaw is the known problem #22 is not but look at their film and see what happens.

Reactions: Incognito75
I’m interested to see how Grimsley holds up during the playoffs. They’ve reloaded on offense with a lot of transfers but the conference was down and they really haven’t played anybody so it’ll be interesting if they draw a team that has a talent level to match theirs

Most people are looking at Richmond as having an EASY walk to the Championship. I think Rolesville and Cardinal Gibbons have the rosters to compete East or West and I would not be surpassed if both made it to the 4A, 4AA CHAMPIONSHIPS and at least one win. If I had to put $ on one. Gibbons. They took E. Forsythe to the limit and this team looks better on video

Most people are looking at Richmond as having an EASY walk to the Championship. I think Rolesville and Cardinal Gibbons have the rosters to compete East or West and I would not be surpassed if both made it to the 4A, 4AA CHAMPIONSHIPS and at least one win. If I had to put $ on one. Gibbons. They took E. Forsythe to the limit and this team looks better on video
They are not better. They had two dominating tackles on d. One is still there also the lost of gill to college is not someone you just replace. If they get to the 2nd round rc will give them a dose of what they gave them in 2019 speed speed and more speed. Gibbons is good but there are a number of times that can beat them in 4a. Granted they are good enough to win it but there are road blocks along the way.

Reactions: Raiders 4 real
Outside of Wake Forest, no team out of the East has been contenders throughout the last decade in 4AA. It took WF a few years of showing up, before they could even compete. The only thing that would help a team like Gibbons, would be teams in the West beating each other up. Any of those teams showing up with no injuries at full capacity, would destroy Gibbons.

We will see but looking at max preps. They have a soph QB but he is bigger stronger arm. Gill a big loss no doubt, but 2 is back and the other receivers and rbs are faster granted juniors. On d yes, but that secondary last year had no seniors. Freshmen and soph. Fast but only on their second or third varsity games when they played RC. All back. I think the lbs are all juniors too and 1 played last year. I know WF and Rolesville better but this team beat WF last year and this year would not have been close. My son played for WF and later Rolesville. This is not like slow small Gobbons. I would say the almost exact same scouting report for Rolesville except the QB is experienced. They are in many ways the same team. Run as much as they pass down field. Wake county has stepped up. The traditional powers from when my son played were Millbrook, Middlecreek and WF. Those schools are not on the level of these two

We will see but looking at max preps. They have a soph QB but he is bigger stronger arm. Gill a big loss no doubt, but 2 is back and the other receivers and rbs are faster granted juniors. On d yes, but that secondary last year had no seniors. Freshmen and soph. Fast but only on their second or third varsity games when they played RC. All back. I think the lbs are all juniors too and 1 played last year. I know WF and Rolesville better but this team beat WF last year and this year would not have been close. My son played for WF and later Rolesville. This is not like slow small Gobbons. I would say the almost exact same scouting report for Rolesville except the QB is experienced. They are in many ways the same team. Run as much as they pass down field. Wake county has stepped up. The traditional powers from when my son played were Millbrook, Middlecreek and WF. Those schools are not on the level of these two
Everyone has an opinion and I just beg to differ about them being better. The tackle that played alongside 95 was a beast. The replacement not on that level. The linebackers same for them. The qb will be a better player long term but I will take a senior qb over a sophomore. 2 is as versatile as any player in the state love his game.

Growth and dilution is going to keep Wake over all below other areas for atleast 4-5 years. The traditional powers of Garner, Wf, Millbrook and Middle Creek not only had great pop Warner feeders but they were the largest popultions similar to the Charlotte schools. All of those have seen big enrollment drops and redistribution of talent with the opening of new schools and the split of Wf-Rolesville. Wake has opened atleast 4 new 4A high schools that pulled directly from those former power schools. They don’t individually have the stability and enrollment of other Metro. Rolesville, Apex Friemdship and Gibbons have been slowly developing you saw it coming. Heritage, Leesville for some nice transfers and made runs but the redistribution, though needed hurts the overall level. I think the playoff teams probably have 60- 70 on roster. Other 4a here in the 50ish range. Only ADM keeps them 4AA

I don't want that 3 hour drive to New Bern somebody please take them out.
I think NB is good but they are in the same boat that Hoggard is in. Both conferences are very weak and neither team really know how good they are. I absolutely hate the split conference we are in and most NB fans feel the same about their conference. It wouldn’t surprise me if NB won by 2 TDs and it would surprise me if they lost By 2 TDS.

Reactions: ncjeff
I think NB is good but they are in the same boat that Hoggard is in. Both conferences are very weak and neither team really know how good they are. I absolutely hate the split conference we are in and most NB fans feel the same about their conference. It wouldn’t surprise me if NB won by 2 TDs and it would surprise me if they lost By 2 TDS.
Yeah, Okay- we'll see!!!

They’re much better than last year. Another year learning the system and in the weight room has paid dividends. That being said, have no idea what to expect tomorrow, should be a good one.

Any chance that East Forsyth can upset someone and make a run? I've been at more NWG games this season than Kville. I haven't had a chance to see what the young Eagles look like since week 1 but I'm hearing they are a yr away from being a competitor again

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT