ADVERTISEMENT

Re: 2006-2007 Basketball

Rocky Mount Academy (2A-EPIC) is expected to be very competitive this year.

In the CFIC Cape Fear Academy will be the favorites with 6'6" POY David Wies returning for senior year along with 6'4" Sammy Joachim(3 year starter) returning and adding 6'9" transfer from a Wilmington public school. Also expect Fayetteville Christian with the addition of a new coach and several new transfer players to be competitive.

This post was edited on 11/15 12:36 AM by hawks1980if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Cape Fear will be very good.

hawks1980

Your post was taken from the NC Private School Sports website which is a pay site and and is an infringement of the copyright agreement. Refrain from copying and pasting any information from NC Private School Sports website in the future or action may be taken.

I thought that the "Rivals network" was all inclusive. Its all a pay site.
I did read the copyright clause and must have misinterpreted the language. The post has been deleted.

Cape Fear will be fine- it was their first game. They have tremendous size and are developing their guard play. Trinity is off to a 4-0 start. Village is much improved and are athletic.

Heath

Re: My suspicion....

HV by evaluating the box score is that CFA had suspect guard play and TCS dominated that component of play with numerous turnovers that led to more converted possessions. My surprise was that last year's POY only came away with 4. Is the big, new kid that good?

Re: My suspicion....

We went right at him early and he got in foul trouble and set most of the 2nd quarter. Our press gave them some trouble. They made some adjustments at the half and the big kid did a real nice job of setting up very low in transition. He got us in some foul trouble and shot some free throws in the 2nd half. We did a pretty good job rebounding, but you can't let him set up that low. Also, we played him straight up and did not sink. I think they will be tough- first games don't mean a whole lot by conference play. Also, new coach with a different system.

Heath

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT