ADVERTISEMENT

#4 Wheatmore (12-1) vs. #8 Brevard (10-3)

thekidd12

Feb 17, 2015
Well since nobody else did I thought I would give these teams their own thread. They deserve it for making it this far. Thoughts? Predictions? Good luck to both teams and hope for a competitive injury free game.

Haven't seen either this season but I'll take Brevard. Tradition carries weight this time of the year.

Reactions: thekidd12
I honestly have no idea how this game will go. Looking back on Wheatmore’s schedule, I see that they throttled East and West Davidson, as any good football team should have. A couple of close wins that shouldn’t have been that close.

I’m impressed with them though. Trinity has been the absolute SUCK for so many years. It’s interesting that after splitting that school, one half turns out to be successful. Even if the lines gets blurry, trinity as a whole was terrible. Coach Yarborough is a good coach. Glad he’s doing good things there... wonder if he’ll ever try to go back home and make something of his alma mater, Central Davidson. Whose football program is currently in shambles.

I honestly have no idea how this game will go. Looking back on Wheatmore’s schedule, I see that they throttled East and West Davidson, as any good football team should have. A couple of close wins that shouldn’t have been that close.

I’m impressed with them though. Trinity has been the absolute SUCK for so many years. It’s interesting that after splitting that school, one half turns out to be successful. Even if the lines gets blurry, trinity as a whole was terrible. Coach Yarborough is a good coach. Glad he’s doing good things there... wonder if he’ll ever try to go back home and make something of his alma mater, Central Davidson. Whose football program is currently in shambles.
Well I could expand on that line thing but I won't on here. Let's just say the community is not very happy with it.

Well I could expand on that line thing but I won't on here. Let's just say the community is not very happy with it.

I’ve heard a little of those rumblings... I’m not close enough to hear much though. I look for similar stuff to happen once Oak Grove gets established.

Currently, of the 7 conference champions decided so far in the Central Carolina Conference...
Ledford won two (football, volleyball) Oak Grove has one (girls golf) and North Davidson has zero. North won’t be getting any in the winter either. Ledford and Oak Grove likely will.

Brevard has a very good defense and it seems their offense is starting to move the ball as well.
Defense is obviously good...

Offense put up 14 against ER which more than one poster on here said either played a weak schedule or were sorry depending on which one you read.

Put up 21 against orange/blue team which was not called sorry but had similarly described weak schedule. (Even though they somehow beat powerful Ledford)

Not sure what happens against Wheatmore as they have played the same weak type schedule.

Pitiful PAC7 and yet have one team still playing...

Brevard was going full throttle when they smashed Franklin several weeks ago, handing the Panthers their worst loss of the season, and quite possibilly the worst loss ever to Brevard?....

The next game their QB went down with an injury against Smoky Mountain, and they lost that game, and had to play a backup QB for a game or two after that which didn't help against Pisgah in the season finale in another close loss for Brevard....Now that Johnson is back, and has a couple games under his belt, I believe that Brevard is much more explosive on offense, and their defense has been stellar all year long...The Owens and Ellenberger kids are both very good WRs, and Brevard has a stable of RBs....I think their OL was a little suspect at the beginning of the year, but they seemed to have come together toward the end of the season, and that has made Brevard a more complete and dangerous opponent...

Should be a another barn burner down in Trinity this friday between the Bluedevils and the Warriors!

Good luck to the Bluedevils in the 3rd round!

I might actually break down and go see this game. Was leaning towards Mount Airy/East Surry but if Greene/Smith can't go for MA I'm way less interested.

Brevard/Wheatmore should be a great game. I'll take Brevard by 7.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut

You are right wheatmore has had an awesome season, and there rivals across town not so much. Coaching might have something to do with it. I know coach Kelly is still winning basketball games with players that never made or played at the middle school. PrepfanNC you sound like you are fairly knowledgeable to what's going on between the two schools based on the blurred lines statement. We probably could share some stories. Lol. There have been two big screw ups in Randolph county and the current superintendent says they we're not made on his watch. I guess problem solver is not in the job description. If I were randleman I would be asking questions as well. The meeting I went to with the last superintendent, he said the next facility issue that was going to be addressed would be at randleman.....well that's been 5-6 yrs ago. Seems like he left town right after that. They we're also going to put some money into Trinity hs. Lol. I have also been hearing for awhile there was going to be a new middle school for Trinity. I guess as far as athletics go, each school having their own middle school would help greatly. I apologize for going off on a tangent.

Chute you should for sure catch the Reidsville/Heritage game. I look for it to be a dandy like last year.

I have no clue about Wheatmore and their strengths/weaknesses. I throw out the regular season at this point because clearly everyone that is still playing is peaking at the right time.

Good luck to my Blue Devils!

See I told y'all they would start talking about one of these teams when they could possibly play Reidsville...

Post it and they will come...(Sorry Kevin Costner)

Bervard is starting to resemble that Rosman team(also from Transylvania co.) in 1997 I believe they were a #9(Brevard#8) seed and beat some state championship caliber teams in their run like Albemarle,Thomasville,Cummings and some other team I can't remember...lost to North Edgecombe in the championship game....this game is a toss up,I'm gonna no with Brevard their confidence has got to be through the roof at this point,if they get down a couple scores early I believe it will have ZERO effect on them,Brevard in another close game by 6

Last edited:
Thomasville is also the last stop for dinner. The next exit is where you’ll get off. There is a BBQ joint and a Sheetz. Best last options are in Thomasville, exit 103.

The rams would destroy Brevard
At some point in time you have said something negative about all teams in the mountains. If you like football down east so much better then please by all means move down there! You sir are a pest!

Alright participation has been spotty in this thread. A few guys from Brevard, thanks for input, a few of us who are familiar with PAC7, you know who you are and I know some of you personally thanks guys.

Also a couple wandered in from the usual places saying it doesn't matter who wins because they will lose next week, thanks?

I have waited a couple of days before making my prediction on the outcome. After weighing all the different opinions and looking at some stats provided by a few people, I am going with the home team by 10.

Hey somebody had to take their side didn't they?

You are right wheatmore has had an awesome season, and there rivals across town not so much. Coaching might have something to do with it. I know coach Kelly is still winning basketball games with players that never made or played at the middle school. PrepfanNC you sound like you are fairly knowledgeable to what's going on between the two schools based on the blurred lines statement. We probably could share some stories. Lol. There have been two big screw ups in Randolph county and the current superintendent says they we're not made on his watch. I guess problem solver is not in the job description. If I were randleman I would be asking questions as well. The meeting I went to with the last superintendent, he said the next facility issue that was going to be addressed would be at randleman.....well that's been 5-6 yrs ago. Seems like he left town right after that. They we're also going to put some money into Trinity hs. Lol. I have also been hearing for awhile there was going to be a new middle school for Trinity. I guess as far as athletics go, each school having their own middle school would help greatly. I apologize for going off on a tangent.
I didn't mind your tangent at all...

After reading it got to thinking about the conversations at the Kelly household over Thanksgiving...

Think they discuss who gets which players from middle school?

Nah...;)

Wheatmore is a bigger better more physical version of Eastern Randolph and Randleman. Big bruising ground and pound with a smart elusive qb. Points and first downs will be hard to come by in this one. Two long road trips back to back weeks proves to be too much for Brevard. Wheatmores just going to line up and road grade their way down the field 3 yards at a time and a cloud of dust. Wheatmore takes this one 21-7.

You guys have been great in giving the fans from the far west choices on where to eat...

They were here last week...

Eat in Randolph!!!

We need the money worse than our rich neighbors to the west and north!!! :D

I’d have totally suggested some places in extreme western Randolph county... but there are none. Once the Brevard folks cross the county line, they have exactly one sit down restaurant and a Sheetz to choose from. Wheatmore is only one exit and two traffic circles off of I85. :)

Trinity might have something... but that’s way off the beaten path.

I’d have totally suggested some places in extreme western Randolph county... but there are none. Once the Brevard folks cross the county line, they have exactly one sit down restaurant and a Sheetz to choose from. Wheatmore is only one exit and two traffic circles off of I85. :)

Trinity might have something... but that’s way off the beaten path.
Aw c'mon...

Archdale/Trinity area has lots of places to eat...

Get off them interstates and live a little...

Pioneer Family comes to mind...

Them thar GPS things will take them right to them and it's like 4 or 5 miles to Wheat...

Randolph taxes might go down if they spend a little mountain money Friday night...

Nope.

Aw c'mon...

Archdale/Trinity area has lots of places to eat...

Get off them interstates and live a little...

Pioneer Family comes to mind...

Them thar GPS things will take them right to them and it's like 4 or 5 miles to Wheat...

Randolph taxes might go down if they spend a little mountain money Friday night...

Nope.

I’m all for the Pioneer! Love that place!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT