ADVERTISEMENT

3rd Round Matchups

I agree. But they also play really hard and run good stuff. They deserve credit for that, other stuff aside.

Also watched a few minutes of the Farmville game, would have loved to see them play Lincoln Charter.
Farmville would destroy them. Entirely different level

I’m not so sure. Lincoln Charter gave Moravian Prep National a 6 point game...if they can hang with them I think they could probably hang with most anybody. Would’ve been interesting to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbdfan
Leaving the debate on charter schools playing 1A aside, they are incredibly well coached. I don’t know that I’ve seen anybody guard like they do since the early/mid 2000s Thomasville teams. The schemes are great, the pressure and intensity they get their kids to bring are great. And I can’t wait to see what they do in 2A next year :)
They pressure the basketball as well as any club around. Very similar to the style Hendersonville plays.

Losing the majority of players to graduation this year so next year will be tough. These boys have played together for a long time.

The only seniors they lose are Fulton and Seitz that play a lot. They will be really, really good again next year. The PG and SG are only sophs and #4 off the bench is a soph. He will get his turn next year and he is a talent. Kind of "fits" in this year but I saw him drop 25pt vs. Vance High (4A) this fall when a couple of guys were not playing. Hopefully, they can keep it rolling but Mt. Airy is really good. Good luck to all still playing. Mitchell is not a bad team they just ran into a really good team tonight.

The only seniors they lose are Fulton and Seitz that play a lot. They will be really, really good again next year. The PG and SG are only sophs and #4 off the bench is a soph. He will get his turn next year and he is a talent. Kind of "fits" in this year but I saw him drop 25pt vs. Vance High (4A) this fall when a couple of guys were not playing. Hopefully, they can keep it rolling but Mt. Airy is really good. Good luck to all still playing. Mitchell is not a bad team they just ran into a really good team tonight.

Cogan is out of eligibility so that will be tough to replace the conference POY.

Yes, they'll be tough with that much pressure that those two guards produce. Really impressed to watch Crichton mature as much as he has this year. They'll be fun to watch for the next two years. Elijah sure does get the ball up and down the court as fast as anyone I've seen in recent memory. I get tired just watching him run.

Last edited:
Some of them also played football and beat 3A Statesville the night before

Some of them also played football and beat 3A Statesville the night before
?? What's your point? That was not a smart decision on their part if they played (hence a starter breaking foot). I guess they value football more than doing the right things...No way should that have been allowed by coaches or by the school. For ANY athlete to play Tuesday night, Thursday night, Football Friday and play any team on Saturday is not smart for ANY organization. Basketball is brutal up and down game, and to play 3 in a week is tough...but to throw in a FULL CONTACT sport the night before a 3rd round state playoff game...well, IMO, is dumb. Take away the aspect of an injury...but that is plain risking major injury putting a kids body through that....SMH

?? What's your point? That was not a smart decision on their part if they played (hence a starter breaking foot). I guess they value football more than doing the right things...No way should that have been allowed by coaches or by the school. For ANY athlete to play Tuesday night, Thursday night, Football Friday and play any team on Saturday is not smart for ANY organization. Basketball is brutal up and down game, and to play 3 in a week is tough...but to throw in a FULL CONTACT sport the night before a 3rd round state playoff game...well, IMO, is dumb. Take away the aspect of an injury...but that is plain risking major injury putting a kids body through that....SMH
Very well said. Wouldn’t have made a difference in the outcome of the bball game but I’m not sure how those kids made it through the game on Saturday. Three starters were gased by the end of first quarter. They all 3 played whole football game night before. No way have they ever let kids play basketball while football season was going on. In a 1a school many kids play and start in both sports.

Very well said. Wouldn’t have made a difference in the outcome of the bball game but I’m not sure how those kids made it through the game on Saturday. Three starters were gased by the end of first quarter. They all 3 played whole football game night before. No way have they ever let kids play basketball while football season was going on. In a 1a school many kids play and start in both sports.
Heritage held most of the basketball players out Friday night. A couple who play limited min on the basketball team played but the starters and heavy min basketball guys dressed but didn’t play the football game. Had some young guys really step up in that football game in their spots. It is asking a lot from kids to play three basketball games and a football game in 6 days.

Reactions: Mhsneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT