3rd Rd scores for some 5A South Carolina HS

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Gaffney defeated Nation Ford 41-40 in OT
Dutch Fork 41 River Bluff 7
Fort Dorchester 70 Stall 0
Sumter 34 Carolina Forest 27 OT
South Pointe 47 Indian Land 0 ( 4A )

My thoughts was the Gaffney game being close as it was. And my other thought is who looks to be in the running of another 5A title. Dutch Fork seems to have a good defense. Gaffney is looking good. Can’t count out teams like Dorman, Byrnes. Wish these two teams played last night. Sumter seems to be on the rise.
South Pointe is looking good for the 4A.
Any thoughts about any of the S.C. HS teams you may see to make a run.

Went to the Sumter Carolina forest game last night . Sumter down 14-0 at the half ,
Sumter got stopped on 4th and goal with 2:30 left down 27-19, then CF fumbled on the 2nd play as back was fighting for more yards after running for 10yds . Sumter then scored with 25 secs left and plowed it in for the 2 pt conversion .
Sumter scores first in OT then CF FUMBLED on 2nd down to end the game .
CF with 4 turnovers in 2nd half and OT.
so I had a great Dillon game last week and this one last night . What next week.
2 for 2 on game selection.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
3-0 Northwestern will play at 3-0 South Pointe next week. Should be a good one.

Last edited:
Scots win

How far of a drive was Sumter for you? I think its cool you drive to see these games. I live in Fayetteville but have driven to games at Byrnes, Gaffney, and Dillon in the past and Charlotte, Raleigh, and Richmond in NC.

I have also seen a game or two in Georgia. Oregon. And Virginia over the years depending on where I happened to live over the years.

1:45
Eating at a wild wings locally and getting
Home at 1 am. . Very nice crowd but I don’t know if that’s good or bad . Tics online .

Will be at the Northwestern / South Pointe game tomorrow night .. Hope it’s a good one. Visitor side tics .
Glad you are able to go to this one. Hopefully this game will be exciting as the last 2 games you seen.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT