ADVERTISEMENT

3AA West Semifinals: Mount Tabor-Watauga (Vote for winner)

Who wins?

• Mount Tabor

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Watauga

Votes: 31 64.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
might be a good game IF MT can play assignment discipline football..if not they lose

Tabor always plays tough in Boone. Nothing but respect for the program and the young men from Winston Salem. Their conference is usually tough, so they're almost always battle tested. Best of luck and safe travels to the folks from down the mountain. Wish I was going to be there, should be a good one.

I saw both teams play Reagan.

Tabor was good defensively. Their offense looked to be significantly behind the defense. This was early in the season so this may be a lot different now.

Watauga was well coached and their offense was strong. Reagan gave up several long touchdown runs. This makes the current match up seem like strength on strength.

Defense on the other hand was not strong. They gave up over 60. In my opinion, this was not due to bad play. It was due to athleticism. Watauga's players could not get in position fast enough to make tackles. Tbey knew where to go, they just couldn't get there. They could not set the edge.

The score seems lopsided. One TD was a kick off return. Nobody kicked off to that kid all year . Big mistakes. Early long TD called back as well. Finally, a fake punt was dropped when the kid was wide open. Fix these and the game could have been a lot closer.

This upcoming game looks like a toss up to me.

I'll go with the home team for that reason.

The weather will not play a big part without wind and rain. 36 at kickoff yet the real feel down in the stadium you can expect it to be around 30. It should be a very good game. 2 years ago this Watauga group was mostly sophomores and they played My Tabor at My Tabor and ked at the half before falling by a touchdown. It will certainly be interesting and I wish both teams the very best of luck

Watauga wins 35 to 13. They played great defense and the offense was slowed by Tabors Defense. They did what they had to do against a much bigger and quicker My.Tabor team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT