ADVERTISEMENT

3AA Football State Championship: Southern Durham (12-3) vs Shelby Crest (15-0) Part 2

So you admitting it was a fluke win?[/QUOTE
I do not see how overcoming a 21 point deficit fluke, or converting the two points to get us to 38 to 31,or getting that interception to seal it, and that ring doesn't really feel fluke on my finger but who knows you may be right.

a6641b42707f12efe92ae0e4ce25e9d612e0f20a61f95af1c69398d57b745854_large

Jordon Brown Vs Crest Defender

Reactions: cagle89
Hey even the sun shines on a dog's butt from time to time as you know you can't win them all and hey we have won 5 and looking for the sixth Saturday and redemption for 2013 that will be sweet starting on the other hand with rings!

Hey even the sun shines on a dog's butt from time to time as you know you can't win them all and hey we have won 5 and looking for the sixth Saturday and redemption for 2013 that will be sweet starting on the other hand with rings!
Well good luck to ya

The safety did slip but the CB got caught looking in the back field not that may have been the coverage but that was at least the 3rd time they got big yards on that same play and my bad it was the WR and not the RB out of the back field

Understand that Southern played without their QB last night. Beating Crest is a major task when you have your full complement of players and would be highly difficult with a RB playing QB. Does anyone know if the SD QB will return for the championship game. Expect Crest to add a trophy to the case.
If you want to know how to stop SD and Jordan Brown ask Clevelands head coach. He only had 39 rushing yards against Cleveland and the team only had 66 total rushing yards. To lucky hailmarys where the safet got beat bad, and to big punt returns is all the could do. The SD fans will never admit it, but the film doesn't lie

If you want to know how to stop SD and Jordan Brown ask Clevelands head coach. He only had 39 rushing yards against Cleveland and the team only had 66 total rushing yards. To lucky hailmarys where the safet got beat bad, and to big punt returns is all the could do. The SD fans will never admit it, but the film doesn't lie
They were shut down all night. They had 4 big plays and that is it. Do not kick off to them or punt to them, the have extrem speed. Have your coach contact Clevelands and he will give you the inside secret to shutting Brown down. All they can do is short pass you with no real QB or they will test your deep coverage with a deep bomb, because they have a lot of speed. They could not throw deep against NG because they could match them step for step with speed. Good luck.

They were shut down all night. They had 4 big plays and that is it. Do not kick off to them or punt to them, the have extrem speed. Have your coach contact Clevelands and he will give you the inside secret to shutting Brown down. All they can do is short pass you with no real QB or they will test your deep coverage with a deep bomb, because they have a lot of speed. They could not throw deep against NG because they could match them step for step with speed. Good luck.

This proves my point on SD offense being predicated on taking what the defense gives them. Cleveland definitely took away running opportunities and instead of SD OC forcing this issue he didn't run Brown. Instead they took what was given to them, which was stuff over the top and the short passing game. But schematically SD is not going to present the same look against Crest because of the starting QB being injured and the back-up being questionable. SD will more than likely spread the field and be in no back sets 75% to 80% of the time against Crest out of necessity. Against Northern Guilford, it was the complete opposite. NG took away the deep ball, but in doing so the running lanes were wide open and the intermediate passing game was there all night. NG took the bend but don't break approach. Cleveland attacked downhill took away the run and forced Green to beat them with his arm. It was definitely a great game plan against what SD presented. But you are correct, SD skill kids had much more speed then the back end defense of Cleveland. But as a fan it was a great defensive game, especially in the first half. If you know anything about Cleveland and their young program they are a juggernaut offensively. They always have great QB's and skill kids. That QB passed for over 3,000 yards and ran for over 1,000. Enjoyed watching that kid play. 6'3 190lbs. Heard he is getting D-1 attention as well. I was proud of SD defense. Norman has gashed teams all year long with his arm and legs. SD has able to contain the dual threat QB. The d-line kept him uncomfortable all night long. Defense held that squad to a season low in points. They came into the game averaging over 45 against solid competition, SD held them to one easy TD, a tip pass TD, and a garbage time TD.

Well they definitely were not hailmarys, that deep route was open all game long, the other ones just were overthrown. The punt returns did help though

Very good breakdown pick6. I think us minimizing The yards Brown gets when he scrambles . Will be key. He is dangerous.

Yeah I think so. I feel bad for the starting QB Jalen Green. Kid worked his tail off, and he deserves to play in the game. But it is what it is. Sd ran an option play and the SS for Cleveland, Starks made a perfect read and hit Greene before he could get out the backfield.

Side note: Maybe Brown can talk to Foster after the game about committing to UNC and joining the recruiting class 2017, LOL. I sure Clemson and the SEC schools are coming after him hard.

Very good breakdown pick6. I think us minimizing The yards Brown gets when he scrambles . Will be key. He is dangerous.
I've seen Pick6 on both CP and HighSchoolOT forums - sounds like a reasonable poster.
Yeah I think so. I feel bad for the starting QB Jalen Green. Kid worked his tail off, and he deserves to play in the game. But it is what it is. Sd ran an option play and the SS for Cleveland, Starks made a perfect read and hit Greene before he could get out the backfield.

Side note: Maybe Brown can talk to Foster after the game about committing to UNC and joining the recruiting class 2017, LOL. I sure Clemson and the SEC schools are coming after him hard.

Pick6, nice having you on the boards over here. I saw you over at highschoolot while I was lurking originally on the RM/SP thread and then on the SD/Crest thread. We have lots of fun over here even as the Crest and SP fans are undercutting the other.

Reactions: Pick 6 from Durham
I've seen Pick6 on both CP and HighSchoolOT forums - sounds like a reasonable poster.

Pick6, nice having you on the boards over here. I saw you over at highschoolot while I was lurking originally on the RM/SP thread and then on the SD/Crest thread. We have lots of fun over here even as the Crest and SP fans are undercutting the other.

Sasha what's your name over there?

That would be nice. I'll be pulling for Mr. Brown on Saturdays starting in the Fall but not this Saturday. Hope for a injury free game and Go Chargers!!

While I do respect SD. You don't get to the ship. Without being a very good team. I know very little about SD. I have watched 2 games on cable. I'm sorry. I'm not impressed. Brown is an exceptional athlete . We stop Brown....Game over. The 2013 game was a gimme in my opinion You didn't take anything. I am old. My memory is not great.
We ran all over you in the first half. Your QB did look nervous. He settled in on the last drive of the first half. Played a great 3rd. Stormed into the lead in the 4th. Here's where my memory disagrees with (you took it ) We took the lead with 1.08 left in the game. I don't believe 1 SD fan (or player) was celebrating a win. 1 MIN. and 80 yds to win.You threw a 5yd. slant ???????? Hey. It worked out . 9 times out of 10. YOU LOSE.....Congrats.....STRAP EM ON TIGHT ...
Lol! Man y'all stretching the truth big time. First of all if you watch Southern during the 2013 season man them boys could score 38 points in their sleep. What you saw in the second half is what we did throughout the whole season Crest fans. The offense averaged close to 50 pts a game 38 was chump change to those boys. That 31 layed on y'all in the 2nd half was no fluke it was routine period. Second get the heck our here with this 5 yard pass garbage I just watched the replay and it starts at the 2:12.00 mark we had the ball at the 20 and the pass was complete at the 50 lol! Brown outran your DB's and Maurice layed out someone with a vicious block my goodness! See this is what I can't stand and that's the lack of respect and recognition it was all that Crest didn't do which caused y'all the game. Bottom line is Southern came storming back and took the title from Crest and y'all still so butt hurt over it that you don't want to give credit where it's due get over it it's a new year but regardless that 38-31 final will never change and that trophy will always be in the case at Southern Durham High School.

Three phases of the game buddy if one is weak we make up for it in other ways. That game happened to be our special teams as well as big offensive plays which is our specialty. You slowed down the run cool then we beat you over the top twice for long tds and those passes were right on the money. Our starting QB before he got hurt only had one incompletion. Excuses are for losers bottom line.

This proves my point on SD offense being predicated on taking what the defense gives them. Cleveland definitely took away running opportunities and instead of SD OC forcing this issue he didn't run Brown. Instead they took what was given to them, which was stuff over the top and the short passing game. But schematically SD is not going to present the same look against Crest because of the starting QB being injured and the back-up being questionable. SD will more than likely spread the field and be in no back sets 75% to 80% of the time against Crest out of necessity. Against Northern Guilford, it was the complete opposite. NG took away the deep ball, but in doing so the running lanes were wide open and the intermediate passing game was there all night. NG took the bend but don't break approach. Cleveland attacked downhill took away the run and forced Green to beat them with his arm. It was definitely a great game plan against what SD presented. But you are correct, SD skill kids had much more speed then the back end defense of Cleveland. But as a fan it was a great defensive game, especially in the first half. If you know anything about Cleveland and their young program they are a juggernaut offensively. They always have great QB's and skill kids. That QB passed for over 3,000 yards and ran for over 1,000. Enjoyed watching that kid play. 6'3 190lbs. Heard he is getting D-1 attention as well. I was proud of SD defense. Norman has gashed teams all year long with his arm and legs. SD has able to contain the dual threat QB. The d-line kept him uncomfortable all night long. Defense held that squad to a season low in points. They came into the game averaging over 45 against solid competition, SD held them to one easy TD, a tip pass TD, and a garbage time TD.
The truth HE CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH LOL

SD I think y'all had the better team in'13 but we should've won the game. SD was flat out awesome offensively and could score in a heartbeat. Let me ask you a question.....does this team even compare to the '13 team? I don't see it.....

It wasn't Starks that hurt him, it was all 285 lbs of 45 driving him in the ground that made the difference.

Three phases of the game buddy if one is weak we make up for it in other ways. That game happened to be our special teams as well as big offensive plays which is our specialty. You slowed down the run cool then we beat you over the top twice for long tds and those passes were right on the money. Our starting QB before he got hurt only had one incompletion. Excuses are for losers bottom line.
Not making excuses. If you would pay attention to what I wrote, I admitted you beat us with speed. I know we are all fans on here, and we all love our teams. But I am a realist too. SD can be beat by a team with good speed. Cleveland was a couple high gears short on speed, on 4 play! Not an excuse, Just the facts.

He is not quite that big, but close. SD's D definitely slowed his legs down, but he did throw for 319 yards, 3 TD's,1int, and 39 rushing yards. This is for your friends( yes I know we lost) I don't know any QB who wouldn't take those numbers against any team, especially against SD. He works hard. He has a couple looks from D-1. When his highlight video is done and on line look at it, it will have a lot of SD footage, close to 25% is against SD. Before some of your friends go crazy on here, Yes SD is a good team, oh ya and we lost to SD.

He is not quite that big, but close. SD's D definitely slowed his legs down, but he did throw for 319 yards, 3 TD's,1int, and 39 rushing yards. This is for your friends( yes I know we lost) I don't know any QB who wouldn't take those numbers against any team, especially against SD. He works hard. He has a couple looks from D-1. When his highlight video is done and on line look at it, it will have a lot of SD footage, close to 25% is against SD. Before some of your friends go crazy on here, Yes SD is a good team, oh ya and we lost to SD.

Caiden's dad, how many points does Cleveland average per game?

SD I think y'all had the better team in'13 but we should've won the game. SD was flat out awesome offensively and could score in a heartbeat. Let me ask you a question.....does this team even compare to the '13 team? I don't see it.....

I agree with you 100%, that 2k13 offense had a D-1 RB, 3 D-1 WR, a D-1 QB and 1 D-1 OL They were loaded. So this year's SD offense definitely isn't that. Like someone else said. What you saw in the second half was how the offense played all year long. That offense was borderline a video game. 21, 28 point quarters was routine for that group. I don't know what was wrong with Hinton in that first half, probably big stage nerves. However defensively they're night and day from the 2k13 team. However they're never going be lacking speed, and the biggest difference b/t 13 and 15 in my opinion is the depth in both lines.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT