ADVERTISEMENT

3AA East Playoff Discussion - 4th Round

PatrickO'Brien

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2012
There are only two teams left in this division, as we are just under two
weeks til everything is decided in the championship game.

Let's
get the talk going for this game below, as we want to hear your topics,
your predictions, and any other thoughts you have on the game.

12 Chapel Hill (11-3) @ 7 Northern Guilford (13-1)

Chapel Hill has the talent to win it all, they knocked off a good Southern Durham team on the road, all of their playoff wins have been on the road and they were the underdog in all but two games, I look for Chapel Hill to knock off No Guilford this Friday on the road.

Originally posted by Football919Fever:
Chapel Hill has the talent to win it all, they knocked off a good Southern Durham team on the road, all of their playoff wins have been on the road and they were the underdog in all but two games, I look for Chapel Hill to knock off No Guilford this Friday on the road.
Chapel Hill's victory over the Southern Durham Souljahs was certainly impressive, Homer Nine One Nine, and Chapel Hill could very well win The Bling. Let's commence with a little " score comparisons, " which sometimes are helpful, and sometimes are as useful as two pasties on a ten titted goat. In 2012, two years ago. Chapel Hill swaggered into Johnny Roscoe Stadium only to succumb to the NIghthawks, 43-0. This campaign, 2014, Chapel Hill beat Orange by one point, 38-37, a squad Northern Guilford beat by twenty four. I also nonchalantly noticed Northwood beat Chapel Hill this year by nineteen, a squad Northern edged by thirty.
P.S. I'd keep the green Presidents in my pocket if I were you, Sir.

does%20group.jpg

Orange beat Chapel Hill. Orange only loses to the State Champions; Havelock, Southern Durham and now Northern Guilford. Orange is the best #2 team in the State! LOL! But that's ok, one hell of a run these last three years for the seniors, nice building blocks started in Hillsborough.

My mistake concerning the Orange slash Chapel Hill gridiron encounter tally, Mister Seventy Seven, and hats off to the Orange Panthers on a highly successful campaign.

Link.

That was 2012 this is 2014 and those kids are seniors now, this battle will be won up front and Stough/Parks combination will give No. Guilford headaches all night, So. Durham was a heavy favorite and look what happened, true No. Guilford beat Orange but anybody can have a bad game, this year when the tigers show up it will be a different story

Chapel Hill may win one hundred to two ( fluke safety ) , Nine Uno Nine, but win, lose, or draw, both squads have had successful campaigns in two thousand fourteen.
P.S. If Chapel Hill's seniors were sophomores in two thousand twelve, would one conclude Northern Guilford's sophomores in said year are seniors this campaign ?

Link.

True statement that year No. Guilford had young players also but lets be real TJ Logan was on that team which is a big difference from then and now

I guess you haven't seen CJ Freeman, Cam Harris and Mook Reynolds. That's ok...you'll get an intimate introduction Friday night at Johnny Roscoe Stadium.

I predict 919 will come away impressed with the 2014 edition of the Nighthawks.

Southern had Kendall Hinton and Jordan Brown and they shut them down so I dont see much difference and Hinton was tagged as the best player in 2A.

CHAPEL HILL - Logan Tisch remembers playing Northern Guilford in the 2012 state playoffs. So does Chapel Hill football head coach Issac Marsh.
Both think 2014 will be different.
"We could not stop T.J. Logan, and that was the basic reason we lost that game," said Tisch, a senior lineman for Chapel Hill.
Tisch and Marsh are convinced Chapel Hill (11-3) can do better when it travels back to Northern Guilford (13-1) for Friday's 7:30 p.m. kickoff in the N.C. High School Athletics Association East Region 3AA final. Chapel Hill is seed No. 12 in the East; Northern Guilford, ranked No. 9 in the final Associated Press 3A poll of the season, is seeded No. 7.

I hope Chapel Hill actually can give my beloved Nighthawks a good game...we need it in preparation for Weddington. They want some of us to avenge that loss last year.

http://www.news-record.com/sports/hsxtra/northern-guilford-s-games-talking-and-winning/article_f18f00ba-7be9-11e4-9322-afe4144d012e.html

Somebody needs to remind that coach and young man that Chapel Hill had 64 total yards of offense in that game vs NG.

43-0 was the final and TJ was just one of their issues.

Chapel Hill better bring their "A" game if they want to keep it close. This NG defense is as fast as the 2012 team and uses 4-5 kids consistently on the "O" side of the ball. We'll see how they match up.

FROM NEWSOBSERVER.COM - CHAPEL HILL WAS LIMITED TO 64 YARDS OF TOTAL OFFENSE, WITH RUNNING BACK DARIUS ALLEN FINISHING WITH MINUS-2 YARDS RUSHING AFTER TOTALING MORE THAN 1,500 YARDS ON THE GROUND THIS SEASON.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/11/09/2473902_northern-guilfords-tj-logan-crushes.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

You're correct bud; however, he's run over every team we've faced thus far...we have no doubt that trend will continue all the way to raleigh this season. not to mention...cam harris and mook reynolds, tucker hord, max maynard, tre marsh, nick fryer, daniel kelly...and that's just our offensive scoring options. then you gotta worry about the same speed demons on d. looking forward to fri nite boss!

This post was edited on 12/4 10:00 PM by et8fan

This post was edited on 12/4 10:00 PM by et8fan

et8fan, actually he did not. E Guilford pretty much shut him down and played right with NG and lost a close game at the end.

GSO,
Football didn't call on #44 so he took an offer from Notre Dame College (OH) and plays rugby.

RamsFan- CJ had a high ankle sprain from the game before the EA game...He wasn't healed until first round of playoffs. check his stats. No worries though bud...he's back!

Chapel Hill quarterback is much better than the one from the 2012 campaign, no throwing threat so stopping the run was easy, this year is a different story, going to spread NG defense out and make them cover.

No problem...we have speed on D and can cover. All of our stars were playing in 2012 too and believe me they are much better now too.

This Senior class were all sophs and playing in that 2012 game... If you think because TJ Logan is elsewhere this is going to be any different you are in for a rude awakening at about 7:45... Yes, about 15 minutes into this game. The secondary at Northern is about as athletic as any you will ever see in HS, the defensive system is solid... And heaven help this QB if he is a passer... Not sure they are as good on in the middle as 2012, but the DEs can flat get after it.

I have no doubt that Chapel Hill is very good and has had a great season. I will be the first to come on here and eat crow if it happens, but I doubt this one ever gets close... Unless somebody gets hurt.

Good luck tonight to all!

Cam and Mook were not on their game tonight. CJ was possibly concussed. Still pulled off an impressive team victory with tons of penalties called against us. Lots of playmakers on this Nighthawk squad. Lookout Weddington. Here come them Dirty Birds!

Credit to CH for keeping it relatively close but NG is just too good. Should have less problem with Weddington next week than they had with Orange or CH or even Fike.

Weddington will be toughest test of the playoffs. They are very good and well coached. Interception in the end zone in 3rd round last year is only thing that kept Northern moving last year. Do NOT overlook this team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT