ADVERTISEMENT

3A West Discussion Board

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
Defensively my observations are that Crest is the best in the bracket. Freedom has a defense slightly in second.

Freedom and Concord both have much better running backs with the offensive lines for all three close in equality.

Passing may go to Crest but only because the others don't do it much. Concord about 12 times a game which is more than I would have guessed without looking it up.

I don't see any team having a great amount of success running on Crest nor Freedom.

Crest, Concord, and Freedom have not played a difficult schedule. Concord the more of the three.

I know Shelby is not your typical small 2A team but to only barely win that game tells me this Crest offense is highly dependent on the defense putting them in a short field situation. Scoring all those point on East Burke, Chase, RS, East Rutherford, etc... is not that difficult considering they are mid to bottom 2A teams, most being bottom.
Well, that was a good post, and I tend to agree with some of it, but I know some things about Crest that maybe you do not. No one has saw some of the things that will take place once he teams get better. For instance if you think that we can't throw it, well I wouldn't bank on that. But I'm not the expert some of you are.

Second I have yet to see the two headed monster in the back-field, but I know it is coming, eventually.

It is interesting to note that we scored on plays of 48, 49 and 79 yards, but we need a short field to score, but I'll digress.

This is what I know for sure. If you can't throw the ball and come to Crest. You're already beat. If you can throw the ball but can't superbly block, your QB is in for a long night.

also, the clock is ticking, so very soon, one of these teams is going to have to come on in here and we'll lin'em up and see. That's what we do. We line'em up and see.

McStuffins - AKA Kielbasa swallowing King of Cleveland County,

All those fruitcakes you get from everyone at christmas time are a hint, cowboy. You coudn't impregnate a squirrel Capt. Thimble.

Richard Rulz Simmons. If SP plays *Crest again I want to see the entire student section, all 13, dressed in red and white striped shorts and stockings for this game. This will prove that you all are a worthy adversary even though you have less than 35% win percentage vs. the one they call big daddy.

I am about to throw down a gauntlet like never seen before. If *Crest can meet SP one more time this year, and try to right the ship and get up to like 36% win percentage vs. SP I will give out some free dental advice and small toothbrushes to greater CC school aged children. The toothbrushes will be used.....but that will still be a step in the right direction for that outfit.

This post was edited on 11/12 4:20 PM by RalphMachio99

Rulz- I'm not saying Crest can't throw but it isn't like you have a Hinton or Surratt on the team. Nor do any of the 3A west teams. I have seen Green make plays downfield but not on good competition so that will come soon enough.

But you are dead on about running on the boys of John Deere colors, it is near impossible with the athletic feet and legs of the defensive line. The line is not a bunch of fat boys, and for that matter neither is Freedoms front four. Freedom's secondary speed and coverage is dang good.

Actually the best quarterback in that bracket is Fred T Foard's Matt Williams by far and the most athletic QB as well including running. But he has traveled the world to play.

The upper part of the bracket should not be a problem for Crest. The bottom will be more of a test.

Originally posted by RalphMachio99:
McStuffins - AKA Kielbasa swallowing King of Cleveland County,

All those fruitcakes you get from everyone at christmas time are a hint, cowboy. You coudn't impregnate a squirrel Capt. Thimble.

Richard Rulz Simmons. If SP plays *Crest again I want to see the entire student section, all 13, dressed in red and white striped shorts and stockings for this game. This will prove that you all are a worthy adversary even though you have less than 35% win percentage vs. the one they call big daddy.

I am about to throw down a gauntlet like never seen before. If *Crest can meet SP one more time this year, and try to right the ship and get up to like 36% win percentage vs. SP I will give out some free dental advice and small toothbrushes to greater CC school aged children. The toothbrushes will be used.....but that will still be a step in the right direction for that outfit.

This post was edited on 11/12 4:20 PM by RalphMachio99
ok

Rulz- I'm not saying Crest can't throw but it isn't like you have a Hinton or Surratt on the team. Nor do any of the 3A west teams. I have seen Green make plays downfield but not on good competition so that will come soon enough.

But you are dead on about running on the boys of John Deere colors, it is near impossible with the athletic feet and legs of the defensive line. The line is not a bunch of fat boys, and for that matter neither is Freedoms front four. Freedom's secondary speed and coverage is dang good.

Actually the best quarterback in that bracket is Fred T Foard's Matt Williams by far and the most athletic QB as well including running. But he has traveled the world to play.

The upper part of the bracket should not be a problem for Crest. The bottom will be more of a test.
You're right my friend, we're not like SD or Staesville slinging it all over the place. You know what we do, but throwing helps out with that.

Havelock is a great team, nobody wins three in a row without being great. If we're lucky enough to get to them, we'll likely have to be perfect to have a shot. A lot of football to be played before we can realistically entertain the thought of it. Freedom and Concord and Forestview will be tough. West Rowan I know they were good a couple years ago but don't know much about them this year.

I think we have proven in the last 4 years. We can line up and run it right down teams throats. Including Southern Durham last year. With no threat of passing. 8 and 9 in the box. We had a lot of success running the football. This year . Do we have a spread you out. throw it all over offense? No . But, our passing game is potent enough to keep the Lbs and Dbs honest. We are more of a quick strike offense. Several players can take any play to the house. Stack the box or play zone. Pick your poison.

You have never played a team as good as the rams. Our linebackers have more speed then your backs, we have kids on the bench better then Crest starters. You better pray you don't face us, your middle school offense will struggle to get a first down. I am really hoping we play Crest, you guys need a reality lesson .

South point will meet K.M. in the third round.
The winner will face crest in the semi final. Crest will meet havelock in the championship. Not so sure who will win that one.

Originally posted by RamHard:
You have never played a team as good as the rams. Our linebackers have more speed then your backs, we have kids on the bench better then Crest starters. You better pray you don't face us, your middle school offense will struggle to get a first down. I am really hoping we play Crest, you guys need a reality lesson .
You are a Burns fan in disguise. You fool no one.

Right, I want to meet you at the Championship motor mouth. Burns sucks, just like Crest!

Originally posted by seadog28:

Originally posted by crestrulz:
Originally posted by coondog:
Justafan56. SP did not run no score up. our jv played the 2nd half. but i guess you tell kiday much to take a knee and fall down.
You ran it up coondog. No need to deny it. You took your frustrations out on a bunch of 10th graders. It was due to your sorry excuse of a season. We know it and you know it. If you get unlucky and face us again I hope Barnes isn't so nice. We could have and should have dropped 60 plus on the midgets.

There is no doubt in my mind you could have hung a big number (and probably should have) on us in August. But that was August and we are in November, soon to be December. We all know what happens to the crampers during those months! Don't we? No cramper fans need to google valsalva. Do they?
Seadog, unlike SP vs SC, Crest has too much class to run the score up on a defenseless opponent(see 8/22/14). Coach Barnes believes in sportsmanship, regardless how nappy necked the other team might be. Now regarding your other comment. BwaHaHaHaHaHaHa. there is no way in Hell that South Point will be playing football in December.

Right, I want to meet you at the Championship motor mouth. Burns sucks, just like my momma.
Well come on over boy. It will be my pleasure.

ICF,

What tbe hell are you supposed to do when you recover a fumble? Take a knee 8 times? Also consider the fact that these are jv players doing what they have been coached to do all year. I can see Mickey saying, "Alright, I coached you all year to be aggressive, but in this case, ignore me". Cmon man!!!

As for December, we shall see. Lord help you if I'm right. And lord help you if you choke it up. Sphincter check in Boiling Springs, please!

Real cute loser, man to man you will show some respect. No one can take you serious, you act like a moron, talk football not crap.

Real cute loser, man to man you will show some respect. No one can take you serious, you act like a moron, talk football not crap.
Man to man, I'll laugh at you. I'll talk about what I want to talk about. I pay to be here. You're on tilt kid.

I hate to step in on this party and talk about anybody but Crest and South Point...but is there any team flying under the radar?

Originally posted by rockstrong:
I hate to step in on this party and talk about anybody but Crest and South Point...but is there any team flying under the radar?

FV, but they're used to it. You asked rockstrong! Lol

Originally posted by crestrulz:
Right, I want to meet you at the Championship motor mouth. Burns sucks, just like my momma.
Well come on over boy. It will be my pleasure.
"just like my momma"
roll.r191677.gif
I hope you do get the chance to meet rulz RamHard. I would want to be there for that one for sure!

I would say that Forestview has a good chance of meeting Crest in the 3rd round. Did anyone on here go to the FV/Crest scrimmage this year? If so, how did it look in person. Was FV able to move the ball on the Crest D at all when the starters were in?

South Point is a wild card. With the exception of Crest, all of their losses were close. Had the ball bounced their way, they could easily have been 10-1 overall, with a reported 10-0 and seeded 1, 2, or 3 in the West. Other than Crest, the other three losses came from 7 points combined.

Forestview has already won their Super Bowl this year.

Originally posted by Crest is Garbage:

Forestview has already won their Super Bowl this year.

+1

Originally posted by coondog8585:
BACKER1, yall give us crap about choking when was last time yall won a ring.
Gotta make it past the third round to have a shot. Maybe this is the year South Point will turn some things around.

Good luck to everyone tonight. All I can say is you better bring your brass monkey in before you leave home, cause it's going to be cold tonight!

Originally posted by egfan:
Good luck to everyone tonight. All I can say is you better bring your brass monkey in before you leave home, cause it's going to be cold tonight!
The good news is that the difference between Kick-off and the End of the game will only be a 2 degree drop.....

Kick-off in Mountain Home, NC 28 wind chill 17

Originally posted by KM2ASU:
Originally posted by egfan:
The good news is that the difference between Kick-off and the End of the game will only be a 2 degree drop.....

Kick-off in Mountain Home, NC 28 wind chill 17
Brrrr Good luck to the Mountaineers tonight!

Defensively my observations are that Crest is the best in the bracket. Freedom has a defense slightly in second.

I don't see any team having a great amount of success running on Crest nor Freedom.
laugh.r191677.gif

You can't have that much speed and talent and blow it like that. Rushed to get a coach after Hardin left and this is the results. Should have waited and used an interim coach. Man of no change.

DONT GET ME STARTED........

I GAVE UP ARGUING WITH THESE GUYS LAST WEEK...

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

All the Crest crap will end in a few weeks, Concord will give there idiot fans a reality check. CREST BEST TEAM EVER LOL!!!!

May not be the best team ever. May not even be the best Defense ever. But one thing is for sure, if Concord makes it past
South Point, the Spiders will have their hands full. Be careful what you wish for.

I am praying for Crest to win the west, so my Rams can put 40 on the dream team.

Ram hard----we all know you're a local and a Crest hater. It's obvious you're envious and jealous of Crest's success and I do understand that. You keep bringing up "Crest best team ever". I think I'm the only Crest fan to say that, so call me out, not them. If we win the last one, I'll stand by what I said, if we don't, then I'm wrong and it won't be the first time. So yeah, what do I know....but I do know that if our offense improves and peaks at the end we have a really good chance to make it a reality. To be honest with you..I'm done replying to your post. You'll most likely be no where to be found in a few wks. So good luck to your team who ever it is and maybe one day your team can be considered the schools best ever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT