ADVERTISEMENT

3A West Discussion Board

PatrickO'Brien

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2012
We want to hear everyone's thoughts on the first round of the playoffs. Let the discussion begin right here.

16 SW Randolph (5-6) @ 1 Crest (11-0)
9 North Buncombe (7-4) @ 8 West Rowan (7-4)
12 Hibriten (6-4) @ 5 Pisgah (8-3)
13 East Gaston (5-6) @ 4 Forestview (9-2)
14 Tuscola (5-6) @ 3 Concord (11-0)
11 FT Foard (6-5) @ 6 South Point (7-4)
10 Kings Mountain (8-3) @ 7 West Henderson (7-4)
15 East Rowan (5-6) @ 2 Freedom (10-0-1)

Originally posted by PatrickO'Brien:
We want to hear everyone's thoughts on the first round of the playoffs. Let the discussion begin right here.

Several first rounds game should be close and good games to watch.North Buncombe at West Rowan,Hibritten at Pisgah,Kings Mountain at West.All the other should be blowout but you never know.Always upsets in first round.

Crest by 40
North Buncombe by 10
Pisgah by 6
Forestview by 18
Concord by 21
South Point by 24
Freedom by 28

Crest by 35
West Rowan by 21
Hibriten by 14
FV by 28
Concord by 28
Sp by 8
KM by 6
Freedom by 10

Crest by 35
West Rowan by 28
Pisgah by 7
FV by 21
Concord by however much they want it to be
SP by 24
KM by 21
Freedom by 31

Crest 35-0
WR 35-14
Pisgah 31-10
FV 28-10
Concord 42-7
SP 35-14
KM 28-21
Freedom 42-14

The conferences represented in this bracket are the wac, mac, smac, spc, big south, mpc and nwac. To me, 1st round results give you an idea about the strength of the conferences. They all seem weak, but maybe not. Keep your eye on the spc.

Originally posted by PatrickO'Brien:

Crest by 39 (Coach wants to give backups some PT)
West Rowan by 7 (Mountain teams tend to struggle against athletic teams)
Pisgah by 7 (Hibriten is waaaay down)
Forestview by 34 (Deja Vu?)
Concord by 35+ (Tuscola lost to TC Roberson and East Rutherford!!!! Concord will CRUSH them.)
South Point by 90 (Red Raiders will run it up if they get the chance. Ask Stuart)
Kings Mountain by 3 (KM struggled with East Burke?????)
Freedom by 35 (Emmons left, Emmons Right, Emmons up the middle)

Justafan56. SP did not run no score up. our jv played the 2nd half. but i guess you tell kids that dont play much to take a knee and fall down.

Coondog,

The uninformed/Crest fan is not worth your time. 8 fumbles, 3 punts that didn't cross the line of scrimmage and middle school talent equals embarrassment.

Originally posted by coondog8585:
Justafan56. SP did not run no score up. our jv played the 2nd half. but i guess you tell kids that dont play much to take a knee and fall down.
You ran it up coondog. No need to deny it. You took your frustrations out on a bunch of 10th graders. It was due to your sorry excuse of a season. We know it and you know it. If you get unlucky and face us again I hope Barnes isn't so nice. We could have and should have dropped 60 plus on the midgets.

crestrulz if we both make it to the western finals and play each other. i promise you it wont be like the first game we played against yall. it might be closer and we might upset yall.

Originally posted by crestrulz:
Originally posted by coondog:
Justafan56. SP did not run no score up. our jv played the 2nd half. but i guess you tell kiday much to take a knee and fall down.
You ran it up coondog. No need to deny it. You took your frustrations out on a bunch of 10th graders. It was due to your sorry excuse of a season. We know it and you know it. If you get unlucky and face us again I hope Barnes isn't so nice. We could have and should have dropped 60 plus on the midgets.

There is no doubt in my mind you could have hung a big number (and probably should have) on us in August. But that was August and we are in November, soon to be December. We all know what happens to the crampers during those months! Don't we? No cramper fans need to google valsalva. Do they?

Originally posted by seadog28:

Justafan56. SP did not run no score up. our jv played the 2nd half. but i guess you tell kiday much to take a knee and fall down.

There is no doubt in my mind you could have hung a big number (and probably should have) on us in August. But that was August and we are in November, soon to be December. We all know what happens to the crampers during those months! Don't we? No cramper fans need to google valsalva. Do they?
Seadog? Are you still here? I thought SP was done?

Well let me be the first Crest fan to congratulate you and the South Point Red Raiders for making the playoffs!

We will miss you after you lose in the Second round....or first round, I'm not even sure who you are playing in the first round? Fallston Elementary? Union Elementary? You better pray it's not Number 3 or Boiling Springs or Springmore...They are all state contenders...Well good luck my friend. You'll need it.

Originally posted by crest91:

Seadog? Are you still here? I thought SP was done?

Well let me be the first Crest fan to congratulate you and the South Point Red Raiders for making the playoffs!

We will miss you after you lose in the Second round....or first round, I'm not even sure who you are playing in the first round? Fallston Elementary? Union Elementary? You better pray it's not Number 3 or Boiling Springs or Springmore...They are all state contenders...Well good luck my friend. You'll need it.

3dgrin.r191677.gif
Nicely done, grasshopper!!

Having played the 6th toughest schedule in 3a, and being told by all you experts to have low expectations, I like my Raiders chances. Sounds and feels like 2009 to me.

Hey dog do you really think the midgets have a chance against Concord????

Originally posted by Crest9496:
Hey dog do you really think the midgets have a chance against Concord????

Does every Charger have a "Deliverance" dvd? Damn right!!!

Coondog,

The uninformed/Crest fan is not worth your time. 8 fumbles, 3 punts that didn't cross the line of scrimmage and middle school talent equals embarrassment.
This is very true. Yeah *Cresties...SC V is made up of Jrs and Sophs mostly. So, similar to SPs team. We don't have a whole lot of seniors either that play either. Just because they play like middle schoolers doesn't mean that they are that age.

Originally posted by chargerbacker1:
your right.....In cleveland co. We don't understand sorry football.
Well, *Crest certainly doesn' t understand it enough to best that 34% win percentage mark against the mighty Red Raiders.

So, in the context of *Crest 'knowing' football...they do against Chase, Polk County, Burns, ER, etc.
but against the Titans of Western NC football, they are limp wristed shimmy boys who pray they don't have to see anyone in red again this year.

35-13 on the midgets field This year, 2014. It could have ben the mercy rule, and should have been.

If the midgets want some more, just win baby and get your wish. WE WILL DESTROY YOU, this time.

We will crumble D1, and that little QB will lay down over and over again like last time.

That pitiful defense will get ran through like Ralph's sister.

35-13 on the midgets field This year, 2014. It could have ben the mercy rule, and should have been.

If the midgets want some more, just win baby and get your wish. WE WILL DESTROY YOU, this time.

We will crumble D1, and that little QB will lay down over and over again like last time.

The great "OZ" has spoken. Now if someone will have their little dog pull back the curtain we will find a meek little man blowing big words through a microphone trying to sound like Rick Flair in his prime.
The truth is Crest finally beat South Point after 8 consecutive thrashings. Now give the needy bastards their medal.

Originally posted by Magicwolf:

The great "OZ" has spoken. Now if someone will have their little dog pull back the curtain we will find a meek little man blowing big words through a microphone trying to sound like Rick Flair in his prime.
The truth is Crest finally beat South Point after 8 consecutive thrashings. Now give the needy bastards their medal.
There are two problems with your post turd burglar.

1. I've met 99% of the SP fans that post here.

2. The meek little man has begged to meet the turd burglar for years. The turd burglar is a coward. The offer is always open turd burglar, anytime, all you have to do is nut up.

Nevertheless, WE WILL DESTROY YOU.

It's OVER for SP. Purple will be your new favorite color. It will suit you well, just get your shirt sleeves long enough to cover your limp wrists.

I hope the players are not talking about the third round this week like in this thread. I only see a possible Kings Mtn win vs West Henderson as a lower seed win.

^^^^ truth shes my baby mama

Out of all the colorful adjectives you could have uncorked from your ass, meek isn't applicable to 'Rulz. Reword your aborted post and try again, clown.

Crest 56-0 (could be worse)
West Rowan 31-21
Pisgah 24-21
Forestview 42-17
Concord 56-14
SP 35-21
Kings Mountain 27-21
Freedom 49-14

Defensively my observations are that Crest is the best in the bracket. Freedom has a defense slightly in second.

Freedom and Concord both have much better running backs with the offensive lines for all three close in equality.

Passing may go to Crest but only because the others don't do it much. Concord about 12 times a game which is more than I would have guessed without looking it up.

I don't see any team having a great amount of success running on Crest nor Freedom.

Crest, Concord, and Freedom have not played a difficult schedule. Concord the more of the three.

I know Shelby is not your typical small 2A team but to only barely win that game tells me this Crest offense is highly dependent on the defense putting them in a short field situation. Scoring all those point on East Burke, Chase, RS, East Rutherford, etc... is not that difficult considering they are mid to bottom 2A teams, most being bottom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT