ADVERTISEMENT

3A East Discussion Board

PatrickO'Brien

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2012
We want to hear everyone's thoughts on the first round of the playoffs. Let the discussion begin right here.

16 CB Aycock (4-7) @ 1 Southern Guilford (11-0)
9 Rocky Mount (7-4) @ 8 Western Alamance (9-2)
12 Jacksonville (6-5) @ 5 Eastern Wayne (8-2)
13 Williams (6-5) @ 4 Southern Nash (8-3)
14 Morehead (5-6) @ 3 Havelock (10-1)
11 West Craven (4-7) @ 6 South Johnston (5-6)
10 Southern Lee (7-4) @ 7 West Carteret (9-2)
15 South Brunswick (4-7) @ 2 Eastern Alamance (11-0)

Southern guild ford 56-14
Western alamance 42-21
Eastern Wayne 35-21
Southern Nash 28-21
Havelock 56-14
West craven 28-21
West carteriet 28-14
Eastern alamance 42-7

And you base that on seeing how many of the other teams? How many of them in person? On film? I don't think SG is the biggest threat. There are a few pretty good teams in that bracket. Sure, Havelock is deservedly the favorite but there are threats. When was the last time Havelock played a road playoff game?

This post was edited on 11/11 9:31 AM by ConnerP

Last time Havelock played a playoff game on the road was 2009 @ Hertford County.

Last time Havelock lost a road game was September of 2009.

Thanks Bears. Knew it had been awhile. I think Havelock is definitely the favorite. They might even have to play poorly to lose but Eastern Alamance is very good. I doubt anyone shuts that offense down. I hear good things about Eastern Wayne. Southern Guilford is strong has a RB who is very good. Western Alamance is very good losing only to Northern Guilford & Eastern Alamance (on a 2 pt conversion with 12 seconds left). I just think it is crazy to say there are no threats.

Eastern Wayne is tough to figure out. They beat Rose by 40 but lose to Conley by 3 TD's. They are well coached and the kids play until the whistle blows. 3A will be interesting.

Eastern Alamance is tough scout. Glad to see havelock might have to come to Alamance county. would love to see them up close.

Having to travel west back to back weeks for 4 hours vs EA then SG if bracket plays out that way will be tough for havelock. If they win both they will have deserved it. Just feel bad for my fellow rockingham co squad morehead. Long trip there and back I predict.

great point. that will be tough. i'm not sure where championship is at but if that's at wake the that would be potentially 3 pretty long road trips.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT