3A/4A Sandhills Athletic Conference Pre-season 🏈 Predictions

1. Richmond (4A, 6-0, 8-2)
2T. Lee County (3A, 4-2, 8-2)
2T. Scotland (3A, 4-2, 8-2)
2T Pinecrest (4A, 4-2, 5-5)
5. Hoke County (4A, 2-4, 3-7)
6. Union Pines (3A, 1-5, 3-7)
7. Southern Lee (3A, 0-6, 1-9)

RD, I'll give you Richmond on top, although I'm curious who you have their two losses against? I could see Butler and maybe South View, but I also feel more confident saying 9-1 at worst.

For second on down, I think Lee County is certainly the preseason pick for 2nd but I think Scotland will give them a definite challenge. For the record, I could also envision either Lee or Scotland beating Richmond.

As for Pinecrest in a 3-way battle for 2nd? I don't really see it. I do think the Patriots will be very hard to deal with, but in the end, I wonder if they have enough to really beat either of the top-3 teams?

I also really think Hoke is talented enough to sneak into the Top-3 as well and feel the Buck could win on any given night.

As for the bottom two, you probably have that spot on sadly. This is a very tough conference for a team that isn't firing on all cylinders.

RD, I'll give you Richmond on top, although I'm curious who you have their two losses against? I could see Butler and maybe South View, but I also feel more confident saying 9-1 at worst.

For second on down, I think Lee County is certainly the preseason pick for 2nd but I think Scotland will give them a definite challenge. For the record, I could also envision either Lee or Scotland beating Richmond.

As for Pinecrest in a 3-way battle for 2nd? I don't really see it. I do think the Patriots will be very hard to deal with, but in the end, I wonder if they have enough to really beat either of the top-3 teams?

I also really think Hoke is talented enough to sneak into the Top-3 as well and feel the Buck could win on any given night.

As for the bottom two, you probably have that spot on sadly. This is a very tough conference for a team that isn't firing on all cylinders.
Richmond also has Cardinal Gibbons, whom returns a lot from last years squad. Those first 3 games for the Raiders are brutal.

Richmond also has Cardinal Gibbons, whom returns a lot from last years squad. Those first 3 games for the Raiders are brutal.

Gibbons is exceptionally well-coached and will do a great job, but they also don't have Brock Biestek who accounted for about 50% of their offense last year. He's a hard piece to replace from that team, plus Richmond wasn't firing at 100% against them. I feel much better about the Raiders outlook this year.

Gibbons is exceptionally well-coached and will do a great job, but they also don't have Brock Biestek who accounted for about 50% of their offense last year. He's a hard piece to replace from that team, plus Richmond wasn't firing at 100% against them. I feel much better about the Raiders outlook this year.
I said the same thing when they lost Grazen the year before last --that they wouldn't be as good the following year after he graduated. And then Biestek became a beast and now it will be Raphael & Shepard carrying the torch. They return at least 4/5 on the OL and the QB will be much improved. We'll see how it shakes out

Reactions: Chris_Hughes
I said the same thing when they lost Grazen the year before last --that they wouldn't be as good the following year after he graduated. And then Biestek became a beast and now it will be Raphael & Shepard carrying the torch. They return at least 4/5 on the OL and the QB will be much improved. We'll see how it shakes out
You make valid points, so as you said, we'll see how it shakes out!

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
The Raiders have lost a lot of talent. Our non conference schedule is brutal probably one of the toughest in 4a. I could see a 0-3 start but if we start 3-0 look out. Either way I think we go undefeated in the Sandhills 3a/4a.

As a Fayetteville native in High School from the late 70s to very early 80s this is the conference I remember with the exception of Union Pines and Southern Lee being in, and Wadesboro Bowman (Anson) being out. The Fayetteville conference often played some order of these teams as non conference and occasionally met one of them in the state playoffs.

The Raiders have lost a lot of talent. Our non conference schedule is brutal probably one of the toughest in 4a. I could see a 0-3 start but if we start 3-0 look out. Either way I think we go undefeated in the Sandhills 3a/4a.
Yes I agree those first 4 games will be tough and we have lost some talent however there is still some great young talent on the team and the coaches will have them ready we will be ok. With covid ramping up again lets pray we get the games in.

The o line and d line have good size the backers have good size and speed the corners have good size and speed 2 tall recievers about 6ft3 several fast ones in the slot the qb will have some time to get more experience in by playoff time the running backs are small but fast shifty the kicking game needs some work may not have any touchbacks this year extra points may be tough to.

Can't see Richmond starting off 0-3. The Raiders' first two games on the road won't be easy. CG will be loaded, but they may have a long ride back to Raleigh after visiting Richmond.

Lee County and Scotland looks like they will battle for second (and the automatic 3A playoff spot). Pinecrest will shock either Scotland or Lee. But, Scotland will do all it can not to lose four in a row to Pinecrest.

Hoke County is young this year, so is UP. I will give the Bucks a slim eidge over UP, but, they will not finish higher than fifth.

Poor ol' Southern Lee ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT