1. Richmond (4A, 6-0, 8-2)
2T. Lee County (3A, 4-2, 8-2)
2T. Scotland (3A, 4-2, 8-2)
2T Pinecrest (4A, 4-2, 5-5)
5. Hoke County (4A, 2-4, 3-7)
6. Union Pines (3A, 1-5, 3-7)
7. Southern Lee (3A, 0-6, 1-9)

Last edited:
I was just talking to Lee's coach the other day and we discussed how it might be harder to win the Sandhills than to win the 3A state championship.

Of course, they are going to do their best to win both.

I saw Lee county against a very avg overhills team last year and they struggled. They have plenty of good looking players but this is a different animal they"re about to tangle with.

Reactions: Griddie and RD28327
Don’t think for a second that Lee doesn’t understand and embrace this, I think they are excited to play in a better conference after years of hearing what they have heard. As a fan base we are excited too not only to play better teams in conference but also because it’s somewhat nostalgic as we used to play in the old SEC in the 80s early 90s. As for the last year, they did struggle some, they were inexperienced at some key positions and with the Covid year it was. I think this year they come out stronger, they will compete in every single game for sure and when playoff time comes, they will be more prepared than in years past.

Don’t think for a second that Lee doesn’t understand and embrace this, I think they are excited to play in a better conference after years of hearing what they have heard. As a fan base we are excited too not only to play better teams in conference but also because it’s somewhat nostalgic as we used to play in the old SEC in the 80s early 90s. As for the last year, they did struggle some, they were inexperienced at some key positions and with the Covid year it was. I think this year they come out stronger, they will compete in every single game for sure and when playoff time comes, they will be more prepared than in years past.
I don't know the kids name but I believe he's the tall defensive end I think he is #9. Not sure if he has offers but he was one of the best defensive players I saw last year.

Last edited:
Landon Johnson, not sure about recruiting, Plays Basketball too, older brother Colin was the starting QB that went to the State Championship game.

Reactions: BlackHats1996
Landon Johnson, not sure about recruiting, Plays Basketball too, older brother Colin was the starting QB that went to the State Championship game.
That kid can play. My son plays at Pine Forest and plays end as well doesn't have that kind of height but he said that kid is really good and he has seen film on a lot of edge players in the state.

I saw Lee county against a very avg overhills team last year and they struggled. They have plenty of good looking players but this is a different animal they"re about to tangle with.
They played Overhills without a few key guys because of basketball. Go turn on the tape and watch them play JH Rose and Cleveland. Lee has the talent, strength training, and COACHING to win this conference. I’ve seen both Richmond and Scotland this summer and they both look very average without any of those Power5 guys

Reactions: RD28327
They played Overhills without a few key guys because of basketball. Go turn on the tape and watch them play JH Rose and Cleveland. Lee has the talent, strength training, and COACHING to win this conference. I’ve seen both Richmond and Scotland this summer and they both look very average without any of those Power5 guys
Scotland isn't built on power 5 guys. They have had 3 power 5 guys since Bailey arrived so not sure if you understand how sc football is built. Now RC is loaded with power 5 guys over last few years. Scotland wins with having really good hs players not a bunch of 3 and 4 stars! Time will tell! BTW didn't they get smacked by Clayton so not sure why you referenced that game.

The team in this league that’s totally screwed is Southern Lee. They’re like the Gimp, trapped in Maynard and Zed’s basement. Union Pines is Marcellus Wallace and Lee Senior is Butch.

Reactions: Chris_Hughes
This would be the year for it to happen... dont think Richie, Scotland, or PC are as strong as they were in previous past few years.
Well I saw SC and this will be one of bailey's better coaching job if he can pull it off. The front 7 on D is ok that back end is scary. Offensively they need to figure what's there identity. They have some talent with the backs and that #2 - omg can that kid go!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT